What Else Can You Cook In An Ooni Pizza Oven
Exterior pizza ovens are becoming fairly preferred as well as it’s not difficult to see why! They use a easy as well as fast means to get that wood-fired pizza taste right in your own yard. They’re as convenient as a classic grill yet extremely functional given that they can get to such a high temperature and also cook all sort of foods.
We had actually been wanting an Ooni pizza oven for life as well as lastly obtained ours just a few months earlier. I know you’ve been curious about whether I think it’s worth the buzz or not so I’m here to share my ideas, techniques, and also ideas – AND whether I think the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all viewpoints and thoughts are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, exterior pizza oven. It heats up to regarding 950 levels in 20 mins as well as can prepare your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that tasty, crunchy crust of a standard wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of versions to select from, which means there’s most likely one that will fit your demands and budget plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or utilize both timber and gas. They range in rate from $299-$ 799 relying on the dimension and also specs you pick.
We selected the 16″ Koda since we liked the ease of being able to use gas as well as additionally wanted a bigger dimension to ensure that we had the option to prepare larger pizzas or other points like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an investment. However, including a pizza oven to your outside location might actually trigger some delight for you and also make pizza evening a lot more interesting!
This is a well-crafted, quality food preparation appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take care of it. So while it is a bit spendy, in my viewpoint – if you’re mosting likely to utilize it a minimum of a couple times a month or more – it’s totally worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes almost completely assembled out of package. All you have to do is unfold the legs as well as put the pizza rock in it!
You will certainly require to purchase a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound propane tank if you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni. Tracking down that gas tank and also having it filled may have been the hardest part of the whole setting up for us! I’m not exactly sure why, however below on the West shore, we had a heck of a time finding a propane storage tank, and then as soon as we discovered one we had to discover a place to get it loaded. The good news is, our regional hardware shop had one left, and also the gas station down the street can load them so we really did not need to travel much, but I called a TON of places before I can also find one.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is much easier than you might think! Reduced the warmth, toss your pizza in, and also allow it cook for a pair minutes.
The great component is that the oven just has fires on the back and left side, so the front appropriate side is the trendy place which gives you extra control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda offers you lots of area to relocate the pizza around and additionally a excellent range in between the pizza and the flame itself in case it starts to prepare also rapidly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it totally can. Nevertheless, for beginner pizza cooks like ourselves, we discovered a couple YouTube videos that claimed turning the heat to cooking as well as low it for a bit much longer at a reduced temperature might be less complicated. Keeping that said, our liked food preparation approach is to:
- Heat the oven over for about 15-20 minutes.
- Lower the warmth to reduced and also add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, revolving it every 20-30 secs approximately for regarding 2-3 minutes depending upon the dimension of the pie as well as the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese as well as tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly claim I was a little bit nervous concerning the learning contour of food preparation with the Ooni. I assumed it was mosting likely to be a little complicated to obtain the warmth just right as well as maintain it relocating. I was happily stunned to discover that after simply a couple pizzas you really start to obtain the hang of it!
I assume we get a little better each time as we perfect the dough shaping as well as topping. Honestly, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a few weeks due to the fact that I simply had not been rather ready to tackle what I assumed was going to be a hard cooking procedure. I might NOT have actually been a lot more wrong. Using the pizza oven is incredibly simple and I want we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Gently flour the job surface where you’re making the pizza. As well as gently flour the pizza peel.
- Do not roll the crust out also huge unless you’re very comfortable with the process of relocate. You’ll need to put together the pizza, then relocate to the pizza peel, and after that run it off the peel and into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the easier it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more likely it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can deal with a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I generally split a one extra pound sphere of dough in two, and after that present 2 pizzas from that.
- The secret to getting that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. I actually lucked out due to the fact that my partner made use of to make pizzas for a living so he’s basically a expert. This will give you that trademark wood fired pizza oven structure you’re looking for.
- Don’t add too many garnishes to your pizza. Another means to guarantee that your pizza chefs through, is to top it very minimally. I ‘d advise including half of what you ‘d typically add to a pizza you’re mosting likely to bake in a regular oven. Like I stated, the transfer of the pizza is a little difficult, as well as the more toppings you have, the harder it is. So keep it leading and also straightforward lightly. This is not the time to make your trademark added extra cheese pizza!
- Do not obtain sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete focus on that pizza. With the within the oven getting to temperatures over 900 levels, it’s important to keep a close eye on the pie due to the fact that it can go from completely done, to perfectly burned in a matter of seconds.
Visit this site to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will admit, I was hesitant but enthusiastic that the flavor would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also holy cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is almost the same to wood-fired pizza even though it only uses gas. You obtain those flawlessly charred bits all over, the crust hurts on the within and extremely crisp on the outside, and celebrity obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply minutes.
I can attempt to continue to describe how delicious the pizza is, however let me simply claim, you will be impressed at the difference in between the pizza you may in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They just don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we use dough from the grocery store 9 times out of 10. They have a actually tasty dough that’s low-cost and chefs truly well in the Ooni. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato as well as goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We love the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy manage makes it simple to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not acquired the transforming peel yet however I ‘d extremely suggest the pizza transforming wheel to help you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently just use the pizza peel to do it but it’s a bit a lot more cumbersome.
- Huge Modular Table – The big modular table is something I went and back forth regarding. I wasn’t sure if we should buy it or simply try to find another thing similar online. Yet let me conserve you time as well as energy. There is absolutely nothing out there that is comparable to this table for more affordable. It’s the absolute perfect dimension, features a rack, hanging dowels and it’s on the wheels so you can easily relocate to and fro. It also has brakes. For $250 you are actually getting your money’s worth. It was additionally pretty easy to create – or at least I really did not hear my partner swear too much while he was putting it together as well as I assume it was performed in less than an hr, even with a 5 years of age “helping” him.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels off as well. Mainly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re very cute and quite affordable.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet obtained an infrared thermometer but I’ve listened to that it’s extremely helpful in understanding if the pizza oven has risen to temp as well as is ready to prepare!
>> Click on this link to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can locate the Ooni pizza ovens on their website, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The costs are pretty similar, however in some cases they have sales, so inspect around to see where you can obtain the most effective bargain.
One thing that really lured me regarding the Ooni was that you do not need to cleanse it! The temperature inside the oven gets so hot that there’s truly no requirement to disinfect the within or decontaminate of it. Obviously, you’ll require to wipe down the outside periodically as dirt settles on it, yet other than that no cleaning is needed!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you do not have any type of covered room to keep it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A small pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It could appear like a whole lot of job to obtain the Ooni all established up just to make 2 pizzas (which is what we normally do as a household of 3) but I ensure you, it’s actually not. You simply connect the gas and also let it heat while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it delivers. I do say experience since I assume that making and also cooking food actually can be an experience.
My total ideas on that Ooni are that I was anticipating every little thing to be a whole lot more work. Generally, I am definitely elated to find that the Ooni is really a actually straightforward, uncomplicated, exterior pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating the oven, and cooking the pizzas is pretty very easy.
It’s likewise very light-weight and also portable so I can totally see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raging!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a tiny outside area, a little storage area to maintain it completely dry, as well as delight in having a drink outside while you cook dinner, then of course – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to take a look at the Ooni pizza oven and decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that scrumptious, crispy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete focus on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels off. Primarily just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and also after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.