The Ooni Of Ife Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi
Outside pizza ovens are becoming fairly popular as well as it’s not tough to see why! They provide a quick as well as very easy method to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your very own backyard. They’re as hassle-free as a classic grill but super flexible because they can get to such a heat and also cook all kinds of foods.
We had actually been wanting an Ooni pizza oven forever as well as finally got ours just a few months ago. I understand you’ve wondered about whether I believe it’s worth the hype or not so I’m here to share my thoughts, suggestions, and tricks – AND whether I believe the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all opinions and also thoughts are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, exterior pizza oven. It warms up to concerning 950 degrees in 20 mins and can cook your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza stone inside that provides you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a standard wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has several versions to select from, which suggests there’s likely one that will certainly fit your requirements and budget plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or utilize both wood and also gas. They vary in cost from $299-$ 799 depending on the dimension and also requirements you choose.
We opted for the 16″ Koda due to the fact that we suched as the simplicity of having the ability to utilize gas as well as likewise wanted a bigger size to make sure that we had the option to cook bigger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base design, the Ooni pizza oven is certainly an investment. Nonetheless, adding a pizza oven to your exterior area may actually stimulate some pleasure for you and make pizza evening extra interesting!
This is a well-made, high quality cooking appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take treatment of it. While it is a little bit spendy, in my point of view – if you’re going to use it at the very least a couple times a month or more – it’s absolutely worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes virtually totally assembled out of package. All you have to do is unfold the legs and also put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to buy a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound propane tank. I’m not certain why, yet below on the West shore, we had a hell of a time finding a lp storage tank, and then once we found one we had to discover a place to get it filled.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is much easier than you might believe! It was certainly much easier than I anticipated it to be. As soon as you attach the propane storage tank, you just transform it approximately high and also allow it warm up for 20 mins. After that reduced the heat, throw your pizza in, as well as let it cook for a pair mins. My partner and I were both happily amazed at just how very easy the Ooni is to use and also exactly how enjoyable it is to watch the pizza cook!
The nice component is that the oven just has flames on the back and left side, so the front best side is the great place which offers you extra control over how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda provides you lots of area to relocate the pizza around and additionally a excellent distance in between the pizza and also the fire itself in case it starts to cook also promptly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 seconds – which it entirely can. For newbie pizza cooks like ourselves, we located a pair YouTube video clips that said turning the warm to reduced and cooking it for a little bit much longer at a lower temp may be less complicated. With that said claimed, our favored food preparation method is to:
- Heat the oven on high for regarding 15-20 minutes.
- Decrease the heat to low and include a pizza to the oven.
- Prepare the pizza, rotating it every 20-30 seconds approximately for about 2-3 minutes relying on the size of the pie as well as the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese as well as tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will state I was a bit anxious regarding the learning curve of cooking with the Ooni. I thought it was mosting likely to be a little difficult to get the warm perfect and also maintain it relocating. Nonetheless, I was happily shocked to discover that after simply a pair pizzas you actually begin to master it!
I assume we get a little better each time as we perfect the dough shaping as well as topping. But truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in package for a few weeks since I simply wasn’t fairly all set to tackle what I believed was mosting likely to be a tough cooking procedure. I might NOT have been more incorrect. Utilizing the pizza oven is very simple and I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Lightly powder the job surface area where you’re making the pizza. And also lightly flour the pizza peel too. This will make it easier to move the pizza to the pizza peel as well as move it to into the oven. I’ve heard semolina flour works best, but we utilize all-purpose with no issues.
- Do not roll the crust out as well huge unless you’re extremely comfy with the procedure of relocate. You’ll need to assemble the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel as well as into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the less complicated it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the more likely it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess. The 16″ Koda can handle a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I commonly separate a one pound round of dough in two, and after that present 2 pizzas from that.
- The trick to obtaining that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. I really lucked out since my companion made use of to make pizzas for a living so he’s essentially a expert. This will give you that signature timber terminated pizza oven texture you’re looking for.
- Don’t add too many toppings to your pizza. An additional method to make certain that your pizza chefs via, is to top it very minimally. I ‘d suggest including half of what you ‘d normally add to a pizza you’re going to cook in a normal oven.
- Do not obtain distracted. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full attention on that pizza. With the inside of the oven getting to temperatures over 900 levels, it’s crucial to keep a close eye on the pie due to the fact that it can go from completely done, to perfectly shed immediately.
Visit this site to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will confess, I was hopeful however unconvinced that the taste would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is almost similar to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it just utilizes gas. You get those completely charred little bits throughout, the crust hurts on the within as well as incredibly crisp outside, as well as celebrity gets ooey-gooey melty in just mins.
I could try to continue to explain how scrumptious the pizza is, yet let me just claim, you will certainly be impressed at the distinction in between the pizza you may in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They simply do not contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we utilize dough from the food store 9 times out of 10. They have a really delicious dough that’s cost-effective and also cooks really well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy manage makes it very easy to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not purchased the turning peel yet but I ‘d very recommend the pizza turning wheel to aid you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently simply utilize the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a bit more troublesome.
- Large Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and back forth regarding. I wasn’t certain if we ought to buy it or simply look for another thing similar online. Yet let me conserve you a long time and power. There is nothing available that is comparable to this table for cheaper. It’s the absolute ideal size, features a rack, hanging dowels and it’s on the wheels so you can conveniently move it backward and forward. It also has brakes. For $250 you are truly getting your cash’s well worth. It was additionally quite straightforward to assemble – or at the very least I really did not hear my partner swear too much while he was placing it with each other as well as I believe it was carried out in less than an hr, despite having a 5 years of age “helping” him.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels. Primarily just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re incredibly charming and also quite affordable.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet obtained an infrared thermometer however I’ve listened to that it’s extremely handy in recognizing if the pizza oven has risen to temp and also prepares to prepare!
>> Go here to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their website, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are rather comparable, yet occasionally they have sales, so check around to see where you can obtain the most effective offer.
One thing that actually tempted me about the Ooni was that you don’t have to cleanse it! The temperature inside the oven obtains so warm that there’s really no requirement to sanitize the inside or sanitize of it. Obviously, you’ll require to clean down the outside from time to time as dirt settles on it, but other than that no cleansing is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. The modular table that we placed it on is 30 x 30 inches. We keep it in the edge of our garage as well as it doesn’t occupy excessive area. Maintaining it out of the snow and rain will certainly help it last much longer. If you don’t have any type of protected area to save it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover as well.
A tiny pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It could appear like a lot of work to get the Ooni all established up simply to make 2 pizzas (which is what we normally do as a family members of three) but I guarantee you, it’s really not. You simply link the lp as well as let it heat while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it delivers. I do state experience because I believe that making as well as cooking food truly can be an experience.
My total thoughts on that Ooni are that I was expecting everything to be a great deal more work. On the whole, I am definitely elated to discover that the Ooni is in fact a truly straightforward, simple, outside pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating up the oven, and also cooking the pizzas is pretty simple.
It’s likewise really light-weight as well as mobile so I can absolutely see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raging!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a tiny exterior space, a little bit of storage room to maintain it dry, as well as take pleasure in having a drink outside while you prepare supper, after that yes – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re all set to take a look at the Ooni pizza oven and also make a decision which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that delicious, crunchy crust of a standard wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete attention on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels off. Mostly simply for ease of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.