Recette Pate A Pizza Ooni
Outdoor pizza ovens are coming to be quite popular as well as it’s not difficult to see why! They use a simple as well as quick method to obtain that wood-fired pizza taste right in your own backyard. They’re as convenient as a classic grill yet incredibly functional considering that they can reach such a high temperature and prepare all type of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven for life and also ultimately got ours just a couple of months ago. I recognize you’ve wondered about whether I think it’s worth the buzz or not so I’m right here to share my suggestions, methods, as well as thoughts – AND whether I assume the Ooni is worth the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As constantly, all point of views and ideas are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, outdoor pizza oven. It warms up to regarding 950 degrees in 20 minutes and can prepare your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that tasty, crispy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has several models to select from, which implies there’s most likely one that will certainly fit your demands and spending plan. They provide 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or use both wood and gas. They vary in price from $299-$ 799 relying on the dimension as well as specs you select.
We selected the 16″ Koda because we suched as the simplicity of having the ability to utilize gas as well as likewise desired a bigger dimension to make sure that we had the option to cook bigger pizzas or other things like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an financial investment. However, including a pizza oven to your outdoor location may actually trigger some joy for you and also make pizza night much more exciting!
Likewise, this is a well-made, quality food preparation device that is mosting likely to last for several years as long as you take care of it. So while it is a little bit spendy, in my point of view – if you’re going to use it at least a couple times a month or even more – it’s entirely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes practically completely set up out of package. All you need to do is unravel the legs and put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly require to purchase a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound propane tank. I’m not certain why, however right here on the West shore, we had a hell of a time discovering a lp storage tank, and also then when we found one we had to locate a area to get it filled up.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is simpler than you might assume! Reduced the warmth, throw your pizza in, as well as allow it prepare for a pair minutes.
The nice part is that the oven only has flames on the back and also left side, so the front appropriate side is the awesome place which offers you extra control over how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda gives you lots of area to relocate the pizza around and additionally a excellent range between the pizza and the flame itself in case it starts to prepare as well swiftly.
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 seconds – which it totally can. For amateur pizza chefs like ourselves, we found a couple YouTube video clips that stated turning the warm to cooking and also low it for a bit much longer at a reduced temperature might be easier. With that said stated, our favored cooking approach is to:
- Warmth the oven on high for about 15-20 minutes.
- Minimize the warmth to reduced and include a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, rotating it every 20-30 seconds approximately for concerning 2-3 mins depending upon the size of the pie and also the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese as well as tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly state I was a little bit worried about the discovering curve of food preparation with the Ooni. I assumed it was going to be a little difficult to obtain the heat just right as well as maintain it relocating. I was pleasantly surprised to find that after just a pair pizzas you truly start to get the hang of it!
I assume we obtain a little better each time as we ideal the dough shaping and also covering. However honestly, we kept our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks due to the fact that I simply had not been fairly prepared to tackle what I assumed was going to be a hard cooking procedure. I might NOT have actually been more incorrect. Making use of the pizza oven is super easy as well as I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Gently flour the work surface where you’re making the pizza. As well as gently flour the pizza peel.
- Don’t roll the crust out also huge unless you’re really comfy with the procedure of relocate. You’ll need to assemble the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel as well as into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more likely it is you’re mosting likely to wind up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can manage a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I generally separate a one extra pound sphere of dough in two, and afterwards turn out 2 pizzas from that.
- Don’t exhaust the dough. The secret to obtaining that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. Because my partner utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a expert, I really lucked out. He suggests using your fingers to delicately create the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. Slapping it back as well as forth between your hands/forearms until it gets large sufficient. Ideally, you want the dough to be thicker on the edges, and afterwards really thin between. This will certainly provide you that signature timber terminated pizza oven texture you’re looking for. If the crust is as well thick in the middle it won’t prepare completely with.
- Do not add way too many toppings to your pizza. An additional way to guarantee that your pizza chefs via, is to top it extremely minimally. I would certainly recommend adding fifty percent of what you ‘d usually include in a pizza you’re mosting likely to cook in a regular oven. Like I pointed out, the transfer of the pizza is a little difficult, and the even more toppings you have, the harder it is. Maintain it top and simple gently. This is not the moment to make your signature additional extra cheese pizza!
- Do not obtain sidetracked. You want your complete focus on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the inside of the oven reaching temperatures over 900 levels, it’s vital to maintain a close eye on the pie since it can go from completely done, to completely melted in a matter of seconds.
Visit this site to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will confess, I was hopeful yet unconvinced that the flavor would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. As well as holy cow – I was surprised!
The taste is virtually similar to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it just makes use of gas. You obtain those completely charred bits throughout, the crust is tender on the inside as well as incredibly crisp outside, and also celebrity gets ooey-gooey melty in simply minutes.
I could try to remain to explain exactly how delicious the pizza is, but let me just claim, you will certainly be impressed at the difference between the pizza you may in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They simply do not compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we utilize dough from the food store 9 breaks of 10. They have a really tasty dough that’s economical as well as cooks truly well in the Ooni. We either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the mood for homemade however.
Expenses shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We like the 16″ pizza peel! The long manage makes it easy to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not purchased the turning peel yet however I ‘d very advise the pizza transforming wheel to aid you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently just utilize the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a little bit much more difficult.
- Big Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went as well as back forth concerning. I had not been certain if we need to buy it or just attempt to discover something else comparable online. For $250 you are actually obtaining your money’s worth.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels. Primarily just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and then something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re extremely adorable and pretty affordable.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet gotten an infrared thermometer yet I’ve listened to that it’s incredibly valuable in understanding if the pizza oven has actually gotten up to temp and also prepares to cook!
>> Click on this link to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can locate the Ooni pizza ovens on their internet site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The costs are quite comparable, however in some cases they have sales, so inspect around to see where you can obtain the best bargain.
One thing that truly enticed me regarding the Ooni was that you don’t have to clean it! The temperature level inside the oven obtains so hot that there’s actually no demand to decontaminate or sterilize the within of it. Undoubtedly, you’ll require to wipe down the exterior once in a while as dust decides on it, however besides that no cleansing is needed!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you do not have any kind of protected room to keep it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A little pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GOOD FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It could appear like a whole lot of job to obtain the Ooni all set up simply to make 2 pizzas (which is what we generally do as a family members of three) yet I assure you, it’s truly not. You simply link the propane and allow it warm while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the hassle was about. The Ooni deserves the cost for the experience that it delivers. I do state experience due to the fact that I assume that making and cooking food actually can be an experience.
My total thoughts on that Ooni are that I was expecting every little thing to be a lot even more work. On the whole, I am definitely elated to discover that the Ooni is really a truly easy, simple, outside pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating up the oven, and also preparing the pizzas is rather easy.
It’s also really lightweight and also mobile so I can completely see us taking this camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raving!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little exterior area, a little storage room to maintain it dry, and also appreciate having a drink outside while you prepare dinner, after that indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to check out the Ooni pizza oven and also choose which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that provides you that delicious, crispy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full attention on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels. Mostly simply for ease of having something to make the pizza on and also after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.