Pizza Oven Accessories Ooni
Outdoor pizza ovens are coming to be fairly preferred and it’s not tough to see why! They supply a fast and very easy method to obtain that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your very own backyard. They’re as practical as a classic grill yet incredibly functional given that they can reach such a high temperature and cook all sort of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven permanently and lastly obtained ours just a couple of months earlier. I know you’ve been curious about whether I assume it’s worth the hype or otherwise so I’m right here to share my ideas, tricks, and suggestions – AND whether I believe the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all opinions as well as thoughts are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, outdoor pizza oven. It heats up to regarding 950 degrees in 20 mins and also can cook your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that delicious, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous designs to select from, which implies there’s likely one that will fit your needs and also budget. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or make use of both timber and gas. They vary in price from $299-$ 799 depending on the size as well as specs you select.
We opted for the 16″ Koda due to the fact that we liked the convenience of being able to make use of gas and additionally wanted a larger size so that we had the alternative to cook larger pizzas or various other points like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an investment. Nevertheless, adding a pizza oven to your outdoor location might truly stimulate some joy for you as well as make pizza night extra exciting!
This is a reliable, high quality cooking home appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take treatment of it. So while it is a bit spendy, in my point of view – if you’re mosting likely to utilize it at least a pair times a month or more – it’s completely worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes practically completely set up out of the box. All you need to do is unfold the legs and put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will need to acquire a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound gas container. I’m not certain why, however here on the West coastline, we had a heck of a time locating a gas container, and then when we discovered one we had to find a area to get it filled.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Making use of the Ooni pizza oven is much easier than you might assume! It was definitely easier than I expected it to be. You just turn it up to high and allow it heat up for 20 minutes when you attach the propane container. Lower the warm, toss your pizza in, and let it cook for a couple mins. My partner and also I were both happily surprised at how easy the Ooni is to use as well as how fun it is to view the pizza cook!
The good component is that the oven just has fires on the back and left side, so the front best side is the cool place which gives you more control over exactly how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda provides you plenty of room to relocate the pizza around and also a good range in between the pizza as well as the fire itself in case it begins to cook also rapidly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 seconds – which it completely can. For beginner pizza chefs like ourselves, we located a couple YouTube videos that said turning the warmth to cooking and also low it for a little bit much longer at a lower temp might be less complicated. With that claimed, our liked cooking technique is to:
- Heat the oven above for regarding 15-20 minutes.
- Lower the warm to low and also add a pizza to the oven.
- Prepare the pizza, revolving it every 20-30 secs approximately for regarding 2-3 mins depending upon the size of the pie as well as the amount of toppings
Goat cheese and tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly say I was a bit worried about the learning contour of cooking with the Ooni. I thought it was going to be a little difficult to obtain the warmth just right as well as maintain it relocating. I was happily surprised to locate that after simply a couple pizzas you truly start to get the hang of it!
I think we get a little better each time as we perfect the dough shaping and also topping. Honestly, we kept our Ooni in the box for a few weeks due to the fact that I simply wasn’t fairly ready to tackle what I believed was going to be a challenging cooking process. I could NOT have been a lot more wrong. Using the pizza oven is incredibly very easy as well as I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Lightly powder the work surface area where you’re making the pizza. And also lightly flour the pizza peel also. This will certainly make it easier to relocate the pizza to the pizza peel and also move it to into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour functions best, but we use all-purpose without any issues.
- Don’t roll the crust out too huge unless you’re really comfortable with the procedure of relocate. You’ll have to construct the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and then run it off the peel and also into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the more likely it is you’re going to wind up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can manage a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I typically divide a one extra pound sphere of dough in 2, and afterwards roll out two pizzas from that.
- Do not overwork the dough. The key to getting that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. Since my companion used to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a expert, I actually lucked out. He recommends using your fingers to gently create the crust while moving the dough in a circle. After that slapping it backward and forward in between your hands/forearms until it obtains huge enough. Preferably, you want the dough to be thicker on the brink, and after that really thin between. This will offer you that signature timber fired pizza oven texture you’re trying to find. If the crust is also thick in the center it will not cook right through.
- Don’t include too many garnishes to your pizza. One more method to make certain that your pizza cooks via, is to cover it very minimally. I would certainly advise adding half of what you ‘d generally include in a pizza you’re going to cook in a normal oven. Like I mentioned, the transfer of the pizza is a little challenging, as well as the more garnishes you have, the trickier it is. Maintain it top and basic gently. This is not the time to make your signature added added cheese pizza!
- Do not obtain distracted. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full interest on that pizza. With the within the oven reaching temperatures over 900 degrees, it’s important to keep a close eye on the pie because it can go from flawlessly done, to flawlessly melted in a matter of seconds.
Go here to take a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was hesitant yet enthusiastic that the taste would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also holy cow – I was blown away!
The flavor is almost the same to wood-fired pizza although it just uses gas. You obtain those perfectly charred little bits throughout, the crust hurts on the within and also incredibly crisp on the outside, as well as the cheese obtains ooey-gooey melty in just mins.
I might attempt to remain to describe exactly how delicious the pizza is, yet let me simply say, you will certainly be amazed at the difference in between the pizza you might in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They just do not contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we make use of dough from the grocery store 9 times out of 10. They have a truly scrumptious dough that’s cost-effective as well as chefs really well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Expenses shot of a tomato and also goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The long handle makes it very easy to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not acquired the turning peel yet however I ‘d extremely advise the pizza transforming wheel to assist you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently just utilize the pizza peel to do it however it’s a bit extra troublesome.
- Large Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and also back forth concerning. I had not been certain if we ought to acquire it or simply try to find something else comparable online. For $250 you are truly obtaining your money’s well worth.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels. Mostly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re very cute and rather budget-friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet gotten an infrared thermometer however I’ve heard that it’s very practical in knowing if the pizza oven has actually risen to temp and prepares to prepare!
>> Click on this link to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their web site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are pretty similar, yet sometimes they have sales, so examine around to see where you can get the most effective offer.
One thing that truly lured me regarding the Ooni was that you don’t have to clean it! The temperature inside the oven obtains so warm that there’s truly no requirement to disinfect the inside or sanitize of it. Certainly, you’ll need to wipe down the exterior once in a while as dirt settles on it, yet aside from that no cleaning is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you do not have any type of covered space to save it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A tiny pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GOOD FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may seem like a great deal of work to obtain the Ooni all set up just to make 2 pizzas (which is what we usually do as a household of 3) but I guarantee you, it’s really not. The Ooni modular table we got makes it simple to wheel in and out of the garage. You simply connect the gas and allow it warmth while you make the pizzas. It’s totally manageable on a weeknight and also we have not cooked a pizza in our oven because we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the cost for the experience that it delivers. I do say experience because I think that making and also preparing food really can be an experience.
My overall ideas on that Ooni are that I was expecting whatever to be a whole lot even more job. I was expecting the configuration to be a trouble, the real prepping and also preparing to be a bit taxing, as well as I had not been certain what the cleaning process required. Overall, I am absolutely elated to discover that the Ooni is really a actually easy, simple, outdoor pizza oven experience. The setup is quick. Prepping, heating up the oven, and cooking the pizzas is rather easy. As well as clean-up is virtually non-existent.
When the wildfires aren’t surging, it’s likewise extremely lightweight as well as portable so I can totally see us taking this camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a tiny outside room, a bit of storage room to keep it completely dry, as well as take pleasure in having a beverage outside while you prepare supper, then indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to have a look at the Ooni pizza oven and also decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that tasty, crunchy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full interest on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels. Mostly simply for ease of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.