Ooni Wood Pizza
Outdoor pizza ovens are becoming fairly prominent and also it’s not hard to see why! They provide a quick and also simple method to obtain that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your very own yard. They’re as practical as a timeless grill however incredibly functional because they can reach such a high temperature and cook all sort of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven forever and ultimately got ours just a few months ago. I recognize you’ve been curious about whether I think it’s worth the hype or otherwise so I’m below to share my ideas, suggestions, and techniques – AND whether I think the Ooni deserves the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As constantly, all point of views as well as ideas are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, exterior pizza oven. It heats up to concerning 950 levels in 20 mins and can prepare your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that delicious, crunchy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous versions to pick from, which implies there’s likely one that will fit your requirements as well as spending plan. They provide 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or use both wood and gas. They range in cost from $299-$ 799 depending upon the dimension as well as requirements you pick.
We went with the 16″ Koda since we suched as the simplicity of being able to utilize gas as well as likewise desired a larger dimension to ensure that we had the choice to prepare larger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base design, the Ooni pizza oven is absolutely an investment. Nonetheless, including a pizza oven to your outdoor location may really trigger some pleasure for you and make pizza night much more exciting!
This is a durable, high quality cooking device that is going to last for years as long as you take care of it. While it is a bit spendy, in my point of view – if you’re going to utilize it at the very least a pair times a month or even more – it’s totally worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly totally constructed out of the box. All you have to do is unravel the legs and also placed the pizza rock in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to purchase a 1 pound or a 20 pound gas tank. Finding that gas tank and having it filled up could have been the hardest part of the whole assembly for us! I’m not exactly sure why, but right here on the West shore, we had a hell of a time finding a gas storage tank, and after that as soon as we located one we had to find a location to get it filled. The good news is, our neighborhood equipment shop had one left, and also the gas station down the street can load them so we really did not need to travel far, but I called a TON of areas prior to I could even locate one.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is much easier than you may think! Lower the warm, toss your pizza in, as well as let it cook for a pair mins.
The good part is that the oven only has fires on the back and left side, so the front ideal side is the amazing spot which offers you extra control over exactly how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda gives you a lot of space to move the pizza around as well as additionally a excellent distance between the fire and also the pizza itself in case it starts to prepare too promptly.
Ooni’s specialty is that it can cook a pizza in 60 seconds – which it totally can. However, for novice pizza cooks like ourselves, we found a couple YouTube video clips that said transforming the heat to reduced and also cooking it for a bit much longer at a lower temperature may be easier. With that said, our preferred cooking method is to:
- Heat the oven on high for regarding 15-20 mins.
- Decrease the heat to reduced and add a pizza to the oven.
- Prepare the pizza, revolving it every 20-30 seconds or two for regarding 2-3 mins depending on the size of the pie as well as the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will claim I was a bit nervous concerning the understanding contour of cooking with the Ooni. I believed it was mosting likely to be a little difficult to obtain the warm perfect and keep it relocating. However, I was pleasantly stunned to locate that after simply a couple pizzas you truly start to get the hang of it!
Truthfully, we kept our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks since I just wasn’t fairly prepared to tackle what I believed was going to be a tough food preparation procedure. Utilizing the pizza oven is extremely very easy as well as I want we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we obtained it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Lightly flour the work surface area where you’re making the pizza. And also lightly powder the pizza peel.
- Do not roll the crust out too large unless you’re really comfortable with the procedure of relocate. You’ll have to assemble the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and after that scoot it off the peel and also right into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the much easier it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more probable it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess. The 16″ Koda can deal with a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I normally separate a one extra pound ball of dough in 2, and then present 2 pizzas from that.
- The key to getting that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. I truly lucked out because my companion used to make pizzas for a living so he’s basically a professional. This will provide you that signature timber terminated pizza oven appearance you’re looking for.
- Don’t add way too many toppings to your pizza. One more method to guarantee that your pizza chefs with, is to cover it really minimally. I would certainly suggest including fifty percent of what you ‘d normally add to a pizza you’re going to cook in a routine oven. Like I pointed out, the transfer of the pizza is a little complicated, as well as the even more toppings you have, the more difficult it is. Keep it basic and top lightly. This is not the moment to make your signature added added cheese pizza!
- Do not get distracted. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete attention on that particular pizza. With the inside of the oven getting to temperatures over 900 degrees, it’s important to maintain a close eye on the pie since it can go from perfectly done, to perfectly melted immediately.
Visit this site to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was hopeful but hesitant that the flavor would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was blown away!
The flavor is nearly the same to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it only uses gas. You get those flawlessly charred littles throughout, the crust is tender on the inside and very crisp on the outside, as well as the cheese gets ooey-gooey melty in just minutes.
I could attempt to remain to explain how tasty the pizza is, however let me simply claim, you will be impressed at the difference between the pizza you may in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They simply don’t contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we use dough from the food store 9 breaks of 10. They have a truly tasty dough that’s affordable as well as cooks actually well in the Ooni. We either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the state of mind for homemade however.
Expenses shot of a tomato and also goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We love the 16″ pizza peel! The long handle makes it simple to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not bought the turning peel yet but I ‘d extremely recommend the pizza transforming wheel to aid you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently just make use of the pizza peel to do it but it’s a bit a lot more cumbersome.
- Large Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went as well as back forth about. I wasn’t certain if we need to buy it or just search for another thing comparable online. However let me conserve you time and also energy. There is absolutely nothing available that is comparable to this table for cheaper. It’s the absolute best size, includes a shelf, hanging dowels and it’s on the wheels so you can conveniently move it to and fro. It additionally has brakes. For $250 you are really getting your money’s well worth. It was also quite basic to create – or a minimum of I didn’t hear my partner promise excessive while he was putting it with each other and I assume it was carried out in less than an hour, despite a 5 years of age ” assisting” him.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels also. Primarily just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re incredibly cute and rather cost effective.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet obtained an infrared thermostat but I’ve heard that it’s incredibly practical in understanding if the pizza oven has actually stood up to temp as well as prepares to prepare!
>> Go here to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their internet site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The costs are pretty comparable, but in some cases they have sales, so check around to see where you can get the very best offer.
Something that really enticed me regarding the Ooni was that you do not have to clean it! The temperature level inside the oven gets so hot that there’s truly no requirement to decontaminate or disinfect the within of it. Undoubtedly, you’ll require to clean down the exterior from time to time as dirt picks it, but besides that no cleansing is needed!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. The modular table that we put it on is 30 x 30 inches. We maintain it in the edge of our garage and also it doesn’t use up excessive space. Maintaining it out of the snow and also rainfall will aid it last longer. If you don’t have any type of protected area to keep it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover as well.
A tiny pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may seem like a whole lot of job to get the Ooni all established up simply to make two pizzas (which is what we generally do as a household of 3) however I assure you, it’s actually not. You simply attach the lp as well as let it heat while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the rate for the experience that it provides. I do state experience because I believe that preparing as well as making food truly can be an experience.
My total thoughts on that Ooni are that I was anticipating every little thing to be a great deal even more work. Overall, I am absolutely elated to locate that the Ooni is really a actually straightforward, straightforward, exterior pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating up the oven, and cooking the pizzas is rather very easy.
When the wildfires aren’t raving, it’s likewise really light-weight and also mobile so I can entirely see us taking this camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a tiny exterior space, a bit of storage space to keep it dry, and also take pleasure in having a drink outside while you cook supper, after that of course – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re all set to have a look at the Ooni pizza oven as well as make a decision which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that tasty, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels. Mostly simply for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on as well as after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.