Ooni Us Headquarters
Exterior pizza ovens are becoming rather popular and also it’s not hard to see why! They supply a fast as well as very easy method to obtain that wood-fired pizza taste right in your very own backyard. They’re as practical as a timeless grill yet extremely versatile given that they can reach such a heat as well as cook all type of foods.
We ‘d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven permanently and finally got ours just a couple of months back. I recognize you’ve wondered concerning whether I assume it’s worth the buzz or otherwise so I’m below to share my ideas, ideas, as well as tricks – AND whether I think the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As constantly, all thoughts and also viewpoints are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, outside pizza oven. It heats up to about 950 levels in 20 mins and can prepare your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that scrumptious, crispy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of designs to choose from, which suggests there’s likely one that will fit your requirements and budget. They offer 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or make use of both wood as well as gas. They vary in price from $299-$ 799 depending on the size and specs you select.
We chose the 16″ Koda since we suched as the ease of being able to use gas and also desired a larger size so that we had the alternative to cook larger pizzas or other points like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base design, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an financial investment. Adding a pizza oven to your outside location might actually trigger some joy for you as well as make pizza night much more amazing!
Likewise, this is a well-crafted, top quality food preparation device that is going to last for several years as long as you care for it. So while it is a little bit spendy, in my point of view – if you’re mosting likely to use it a minimum of a couple times a month or even more – it’s completely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly entirely set up out of the box. All you need to do is unravel the legs and placed the pizza stone in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to purchase a 1 pound or a 20 pound propane storage tank. I’m not certain why, but right here on the West shore, we had a hell of a time finding a propane tank, as well as after that as soon as we found one we had to discover a area to obtain it filled.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you may assume! Lower the warm, throw your pizza in, and allow it prepare for a pair minutes.
The wonderful part is that the oven just has flames on the back and left side, so the front appropriate side is the amazing place which gives you much more control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda provides you plenty of space to relocate the pizza around as well as likewise a good range between the pizza and also the flame itself in case it starts to cook too quickly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s specialty is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 secs – which it absolutely can. However, for beginner pizza cooks like ourselves, we found a couple YouTube video clips that said transforming the warmth to cooking as well as reduced it for a bit longer at a lower temperature could be simpler. Keeping that said, our chosen food preparation approach is to:
- Warm the oven on high for about 15-20 mins.
- Decrease the warmth to low as well as add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 secs or so for regarding 2-3 mins depending upon the size of the pie and also the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly claim I was a little bit anxious about the discovering contour of cooking with the Ooni. I thought it was going to be a little difficult to obtain the heat just right as well as maintain it moving. I was pleasantly stunned to discover that after just a couple pizzas you actually begin to get the hang of it!
Truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a few weeks since I simply had not been fairly ready to tackle what I believed was going to be a tough food preparation process. Using the pizza oven is super simple and also I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Gently flour the job surface area where you’re making the pizza. As well as gently flour the pizza peel also. This will make it simpler to move the pizza to the pizza peel and transfer it to right into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour works best, however we make use of all-purpose with no problems.
- Don’t roll the crust out too large unless you’re really comfy with the process of moving it. You’ll need to assemble the pizza, then relocate to the pizza peel, and after that scoot it off the peel as well as right into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the less complicated it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more probable it is you’re going to wind up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can deal with a 16″ pie, we still keep them around 10″ -12″. I typically separate a one pound sphere of dough in 2, and afterwards roll out 2 pizzas from that.
- Do not strain the dough. The secret to obtaining that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as low as feasible. Due to the fact that my companion utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s basically a expert, I truly lucked out. He suggests using your fingers to carefully create the crust while moving the dough in a circle. Then slapping it backward and forward between your hands/forearms up until it gets big enough. Preferably, you desire the dough to be thicker on the brink, and then very thin in the center. This will certainly give you that signature timber fired pizza oven texture you’re searching for. If the crust is also thick in the middle it won’t prepare all the way via.
- Do not add too many toppings to your pizza. Another method to make certain that your pizza chefs via, is to cover it very minimally. I ‘d suggest adding half of what you ‘d normally add to a pizza you’re going to cook in a routine oven.
- Do not get distracted. You desire your complete focus on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the within the oven reaching temperatures over 900 levels, it’s crucial to maintain a close eye on the pie because it can go from completely done, to completely shed in a matter of seconds.
Click here to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will confess, I was confident however skeptical that the taste would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is nearly the same to wood-fired pizza even though it only makes use of gas. You obtain those perfectly charred little bits around, the crust is tender on the inside and also extremely crisp outside, and celebrity gets ooey-gooey melty in just minutes.
I might try to remain to describe exactly how delicious the pizza is, but let me simply state, you will be astonished at the distinction between the pizza you might in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They simply don’t contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we utilize dough from the grocery store 9 times out of 10. They have a actually delicious dough that’s inexpensive as well as cooks actually well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Expenses shot of a tomato as well as goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy handle makes it simple to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not purchased the turning peel yet however I ‘d extremely suggest the pizza transforming wheel to help you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently simply make use of the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a bit much more cumbersome.
- Large Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went as well as back forth regarding. I had not been sure if we ought to buy it or just look for something else similar online. Yet let me save you some time and also energy. There is absolutely nothing out there that approaches this table for cheaper. It’s the absolute ideal size, includes a shelf, hanging dowels and it’s on the wheels so you can conveniently move it backward and forward. It also has brakes. For $250 you are really obtaining your cash’s well worth. It was likewise quite simple to assemble – or at least I didn’t hear my companion swear too much while he was putting it together and I believe it was performed in less than an hour, even with a 5 years of age “helping” him.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these adorable little pizza peels. Mostly just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and then something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re extremely cute as well as rather budget-friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet obtained an infrared thermometer yet I’ve listened to that it’s incredibly valuable in understanding if the pizza oven has actually gotten up to temp and is ready to cook!
>> Go here to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their internet site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The rates are rather similar, yet sometimes they have sales, so check around to see where you can obtain the most effective bargain.
Something that truly enticed me about the Ooni was that you do not need to clean it! The temperature level inside the oven gets so warm that there’s really no need to sanitize the within or sanitize of it. Clearly, you’ll need to clean down the outside periodically as dust decides on it, but aside from that no cleansing is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you don’t have any type of covered room to keep it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A little pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GOOD FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might appear like a lot of job to obtain the Ooni good to go up just to make 2 pizzas (which is what we generally do as a household of 3) but I guarantee you, it’s really not. The Ooni modular table we got makes it easy to wheel in and out of the garage. After that you just connect the propane and also allow it heat while you make the pizzas. It’s absolutely workable on a weeknight and we haven’t prepared a pizza in our oven since we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the fuss was about. The Ooni is worth the rate for the experience that it supplies. Since I think that making and cooking food really can be an experience, I do claim experience.
My overall thoughts on that Ooni are that I was expecting every little thing to be a great deal more work. In general, I am definitely elated to locate that the Ooni is actually a truly basic, simple, outside pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating the oven, as well as cooking the pizzas is pretty very easy.
When the wildfires aren’t raging, it’s likewise really lightweight and also portable so I can absolutely see us taking this outdoor camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a tiny outside space, a bit of storage room to maintain it completely dry, and also take pleasure in having a beverage outside while you prepare dinner, then yes – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to look into the Ooni pizza oven as well as make a decision which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that tasty, crunchy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels. Mainly simply for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.