Ooni Season Stone
Outside pizza ovens are coming to be quite preferred as well as it’s not hard to see why! They supply a very easy and also fast method to obtain that wood-fired pizza taste right in your own backyard. They’re as hassle-free as a timeless grill but incredibly flexible considering that they can reach such a heat and prepare all kinds of foods.
We ‘d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven forever as well as lastly obtained ours simply a few months back. I understand you’ve been curious regarding whether I think it’s worth the hype or otherwise so I’m below to share my ideas, suggestions, as well as methods – AND whether I believe the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As constantly, all ideas and viewpoints are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, exterior pizza oven. It warms up to concerning 950 levels in 20 minutes as well as can cook your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a standard wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of models to choose from, which suggests there’s likely one that will certainly fit your requirements and also budget plan. They provide 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or make use of both wood and also gas. They vary in rate from $299-$ 799 depending on the dimension as well as specs you select.
We chose the 16″ Koda because we liked the simplicity of having the ability to utilize gas and likewise desired a bigger dimension to make sure that we had the choice to prepare bigger pizzas or various other points like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is absolutely an financial investment. Nonetheless, adding a pizza oven to your outdoor location might truly spark some happiness for you and also make pizza night more interesting!
Also, this is a reliable, top quality cooking home appliance that is going to last for several years as long as you look after it. While it is a bit spendy, in my viewpoint – if you’re going to use it at the very least a pair times a month or even more – it’s completely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes almost entirely set up out of package. All you need to do is unravel the legs and also placed the pizza stone in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly require to purchase a 1 pound or a 20 extra pound lp container. I’m not certain why, yet below on the West coastline, we had a hell of a time locating a propane container, as well as after that when we located one we had to locate a place to obtain it loaded.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Making use of the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you could assume! Reduced the heat, throw your pizza in, and let it cook for a pair mins.
The nice part is that the oven just has flames on the back as well as left side, so the front appropriate side is the great place which gives you more control over how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda offers you lots of space to relocate the pizza around as well as also a good distance in between the pizza and the flame itself in case it begins to cook as well quickly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s specialty is that it can cook a pizza in 60 seconds – which it completely can. Nevertheless, for amateur pizza cooks like ourselves, we found a couple YouTube video clips that stated turning the warmth to reduced as well as cooking it for a bit much longer at a reduced temp might be simpler. With that said said, our liked cooking approach is to:
- Warm the oven over for about 15-20 mins.
- Minimize the warm to low and also include a pizza to the oven.
- Prepare the pizza, turning it every 20-30 seconds or so for about 2-3 mins depending upon the size of the pie as well as the quantity of toppings
Goat cheese and tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will claim I was a bit worried concerning the discovering curve of cooking with the Ooni. I assumed it was going to be a little complicated to obtain the heat perfect as well as keep it moving. Nevertheless, I was happily surprised to locate that after simply a pair pizzas you actually begin to master it!
I think we obtain a little far better each time as we perfect the dough shaping and also covering. But truthfully, we kept our Ooni in the box for a few weeks since I just had not been quite ready to tackle what I believed was mosting likely to be a difficult cooking process. I can NOT have actually been a lot more wrong. Utilizing the pizza oven is extremely very easy and I wish we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Gently flour the job surface where you’re making the pizza. As well as lightly flour the pizza peel.
- Don’t roll the crust out too big unless you’re really comfortable with the procedure of relocate. You’ll need to construct the pizza, after that move it to the pizza peel, and after that run it off the peel and also right into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the easier it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the more probable it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess. The 16″ Koda can deal with a 16″ pie, we still keep them around 10″ -12″. I usually separate a one pound sphere of dough in two, and after that turn out two pizzas from that.
- The key to obtaining that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as little as possible. I truly lucked out due to the fact that my partner made use of to make pizzas for a living so he’s generally a specialist. This will provide you that signature wood discharged pizza oven texture you’re looking for.
- Do not include way too many toppings to your pizza. An additional way to make sure that your pizza chefs through, is to top it very minimally. I would certainly suggest adding half of what you ‘d usually include in a pizza you’re mosting likely to bake in a routine oven. Like I discussed, the transfer of the pizza is a little complicated, as well as the even more toppings you have, the trickier it is. Keep it leading and also straightforward gently. This is not the time to make your trademark extra extra cheese pizza!
- Do not obtain distracted. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full focus on that particular pizza. With the within the oven reaching temperatures over 900 levels, it’s crucial to maintain a close eye on the pie due to the fact that it can go from completely done, to flawlessly burned immediately.
Visit this site to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will admit, I was unconvinced yet confident that the flavor would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And holy cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is almost similar to wood-fired pizza although it only makes use of gas. You get those perfectly charred bits all over, the crust hurts on the within and super crisp outside, as well as celebrity gets ooey-gooey melty in just minutes.
I can try to remain to explain exactly how tasty the pizza is, but let me just say, you will certainly be impressed at the distinction in between the pizza you might in your Ooni and the pizza you make in your oven. They simply don’t contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we utilize dough from the grocery store 9 breaks of 10. They have a really tasty dough that’s low-cost as well as cooks actually well in the Ooni. We either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the state of mind for homemade though.
Overhead shot of a tomato and also goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy handle makes it simple to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not purchased the transforming peel yet but I ‘d highly recommend the pizza transforming wheel to assist you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently just utilize the pizza peel to do it however it’s a little bit a lot more difficult.
- Huge Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went and back forth concerning. If we should buy it or simply try to find something else similar online, I wasn’t sure. Allow me conserve you some time and power. There is nothing around that approaches this table for cheaper. It’s the absolute excellent dimension, comes with a shelf, hanging dowels and also it’s on the wheels so you can conveniently move it backward and forward. It additionally has brakes. For $250 you are actually obtaining your money’s well worth. It was also quite straightforward to create – or a minimum of I really did not hear my partner vow too much while he was placing it with each other and also I believe it was carried out in less than an hour, even with a 5 year old “helping” him.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels off also. Mainly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re incredibly cute and also quite cost effective.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet obtained an infrared thermostat however I’ve heard that it’s incredibly helpful in recognizing if the pizza oven has stood up to temp and prepares to prepare!
>> Click here to take a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their website, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are quite similar, however often they have sales, so examine around to see where you can obtain the best deal.
Something that really enticed me about the Ooni was that you don’t need to cleanse it! The temperature inside the oven gets so warm that there’s truly no need to sanitize the inside or decontaminate of it. Obviously, you’ll need to clean down the outside every so often as dust chooses it, however aside from that no cleansing is needed!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. The modular table that we placed it on is 30 x 30 inches. We maintain it in the edge of our garage and it does not use up excessive space. Maintaining it out of the snow and rain will aid it last longer. If you don’t have any covered room to store it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A little pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might appear like a lot of job to obtain the Ooni good to go up simply to make two pizzas (which is what we typically do as a family of three) yet I guarantee you, it’s actually not. The Ooni modular table we obtained makes it very easy to wheel in and out of the garage. You just connect the lp and allow it heat while you make the pizzas. It’s entirely doable on a weeknight and we haven’t prepared a pizza in our oven because we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the fuss had to do with. The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it supplies. I do state experience due to the fact that I believe that making and preparing food really can be an experience.
My overall thoughts on that Ooni are that I was anticipating everything to be a whole lot even more job. On the whole, I am absolutely elated to discover that the Ooni is in fact a truly simple, simple, outside pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating up the oven, and also preparing the pizzas is quite very easy.
It’s also very lightweight as well as mobile so I can totally see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raging!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a tiny outdoor room, a bit of storage room to maintain it completely dry, and also delight in having a drink outside while you prepare supper, after that indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to look into the Ooni pizza oven as well as choose which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that provides you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete attention on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade however, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels. Mostly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and also after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.