Ooni Replacement Parts
Outdoor pizza ovens are coming to be quite prominent and also it’s not difficult to see why! They offer a quick and also simple method to get that wood-fired pizza taste right in your own backyard. They’re as convenient as a timeless grill however incredibly versatile because they can get to such a heat as well as cook all sort of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven forever and lastly got ours simply a couple of months ago. I understand you’ve been curious regarding whether I believe it’s worth the hype or not so I’m here to share my tricks, thoughts, as well as tips – AND whether I believe the Ooni is worth the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all opinions and also ideas are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, outdoor pizza oven. It warms up to concerning 950 degrees in 20 minutes and also can prepare your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza stone inside that provides you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous versions to pick from, which implies there’s most likely one that will certainly fit your needs and budget plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or make use of both timber and gas. They range in rate from $299-$ 799 depending on the dimension and specs you select.
We opted for the 16″ Koda because we suched as the simplicity of having the ability to use gas as well as also wanted a bigger dimension to make sure that we had the alternative to prepare bigger pizzas or other points like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is certainly an financial investment. However, adding a pizza oven to your outside area might really stimulate some happiness for you and also make pizza evening extra exciting!
Also, this is a durable, high quality food preparation appliance that is mosting likely to last for many years as long as you take care of it. So while it is a little bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to utilize it at least a couple times a month or even more – it’s totally worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes almost totally assembled out of package. All you need to do is unravel the legs and put the pizza stone in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly require to purchase a 1 extra pound or a 20 extra pound lp storage tank. I’m not certain why, yet here on the West coast, we had a heck of a time locating a lp tank, and also after that when we discovered one we had to find a location to obtain it filled.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is much easier than you may think! It was absolutely less complicated than I anticipated it to be. When you link the gas container, you simply turn it approximately high and also allow it heat up for 20 minutes. Lower the heat, toss your pizza in, as well as let it prepare for a pair minutes. My companion as well as I were both happily surprised at just how simple the Ooni is to use and also how fun it is to view the pizza chef!
The wonderful component is that the oven just has flames on the back as well as left side, so the front right side is the amazing spot which provides you extra control over exactly how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda provides you lots of area to relocate the pizza around as well as likewise a excellent range between the fire and also the pizza itself in case it starts to prepare as well swiftly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s specialty is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 seconds – which it totally can. Nevertheless, for novice pizza cooks like ourselves, we found a couple YouTube videos that said transforming the warmth to low and cooking it for a bit much longer at a lower temperature could be simpler. With that said said, our chosen cooking method is to:
- Warmth the oven on high for regarding 15-20 minutes.
- Lower the warm to low and add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, rotating it every 20-30 seconds approximately for about 2-3 mins relying on the size of the pie as well as the amount of toppings
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will state I was a bit nervous about the discovering contour of cooking with the Ooni. I believed it was going to be a little complicated to obtain the warmth perfect and keep it moving. I was happily surprised to locate that after simply a pair pizzas you really begin to obtain the hang of it!
I assume we obtain a little much better each time as we excellent the dough shaping as well as topping. Yet truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks due to the fact that I simply wasn’t rather prepared to tackle what I assumed was mosting likely to be a challenging cooking procedure. I can NOT have been a lot more incorrect. Making use of the pizza oven is very very easy and also I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Lightly powder the job surface where you’re making the pizza. As well as gently powder the pizza peel. This will make it easier to relocate the pizza to the pizza peel as well as transfer it to right into the oven. I’ve heard semolina flour works best, but we utilize all-purpose with no problems.
- Do not roll the crust out also huge unless you’re really comfortable with the process of relocate. You’ll have to assemble the pizza, after that move it to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel and also into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the less complicated it is to do. The larger the pizza, the most likely it is you’re mosting likely to end up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can manage a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I usually divide a one extra pound round of dough in two, and after that roll out two pizzas from that.
- Don’t exhaust the dough. The key to getting that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as low as possible. I really lucked out since my companion utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a professional. He advises utilizing your fingers to gently produce the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. Slapping it back and forth in between your hands/forearms up until it gets huge sufficient. Ideally, you desire the dough to be thicker on the edges, and after that very slim between. This will certainly offer you that signature wood fired pizza oven structure you’re seeking. If the crust is also thick in the center it won’t cook all the way through.
- Don’t add also several garnishes to your pizza. An additional means to make certain that your pizza chefs through, is to top it really minimally. I ‘d advise adding fifty percent of what you ‘d generally add to a pizza you’re going to cook in a normal oven.
- Don’t obtain sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full interest on that pizza. With the within the oven getting to temps over 900 degrees, it’s vital to keep a close eye on the pie because it can go from completely done, to completely melted in a matter of seconds.
Go here to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was hopeful but cynical that the flavor would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. As well as holy cow – I was surprised!
The taste is almost similar to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it just utilizes gas. You obtain those perfectly charred bits all over, the crust is tender on the within and also very crisp outside, and the cheese gets ooey-gooey melty in just mins.
I can try to remain to explain just how scrumptious the pizza is, yet let me just say, you will certainly be surprised at the distinction between the pizza you might in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They just don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we use dough from the grocery store 9 times out of 10. They have a actually scrumptious dough that’s low-cost as well as cooks truly well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We love the 16″ pizza peel! The long manage makes it simple to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not purchased the turning peel yet but I ‘d extremely recommend the pizza turning wheel to assist you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently simply use the pizza peel to do it however it’s a little bit a lot more difficult.
- Large Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and also back forth regarding. I had not been sure if we must buy it or just attempt to discover something else similar online. For $250 you are actually obtaining your cash’s worth.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these adorable little pizza peels also. Primarily just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re incredibly adorable and rather inexpensive.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet obtained an infrared thermometer but I’ve listened to that it’s extremely practical in understanding if the pizza oven has gotten up to temp and prepares to cook!
>> Go here to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their web site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The rates are pretty similar, however occasionally they have sales, so inspect around to see where you can obtain the most effective bargain.
One point that actually attracted me regarding the Ooni was that you don’t have to cleanse it! The temperature inside the oven gets so warm that there’s really no demand to sterilize the within or disinfect of it. Certainly, you’ll require to wipe down the outside once in a while as dust settles on it, but apart from that no cleansing is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you do not have any type of protected room to keep it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A small pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
HELPFUL FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may seem like a lot of work to get the Ooni all established up simply to make 2 pizzas (which is what we generally do as a family members of 3) however I ensure you, it’s truly not. You just attach the gas and allow it warm while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the difficulty had to do with. The Ooni deserves the price for the experience that it provides. Because I assume that making and also cooking food really can be an experience, I do say experience.
My total thoughts on that Ooni are that I was anticipating every little thing to be a lot even more work. Overall, I am absolutely elated to locate that the Ooni is really a really basic, simple, exterior pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating the oven, and cooking the pizzas is pretty very easy.
When the wildfires aren’t raging, it’s also very light-weight and also mobile so I can totally see us taking this outdoor camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little outdoor space, a little storage room to keep it completely dry, as well as appreciate having a drink outside while you prepare supper, after that of course – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to look into the Ooni pizza oven and also decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full focus on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels. Mostly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on as well as after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.