Ooni Pro Outdoor Pizza Oven, Pizza Maker, Wood-fired Pizza Oven, Gas Oven, Award Winning Pizza Oven
Exterior pizza ovens are coming to be quite preferred and it’s not tough to see why! They offer a quick and also very easy means to get that wood-fired pizza taste right in your very own backyard. They’re as convenient as a traditional grill yet incredibly versatile because they can reach such a high temperature as well as prepare all type of foods.
We ‘d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven permanently and lastly obtained ours just a couple of months back. I know you’ve wondered concerning whether I assume it’s worth the buzz or not so I’m below to share my methods, pointers, and ideas – AND whether I assume the Ooni deserves the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all ideas as well as opinions are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, outside pizza oven. It heats up to concerning 950 degrees in 20 minutes and can cook your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous designs to pick from, which implies there’s likely one that will certainly fit your demands as well as spending plan. They use 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or utilize both timber as well as gas. They vary in rate from $299-$ 799 depending upon the dimension and also requirements you choose.
We chose the 16″ Koda because we suched as the simplicity of having the ability to use gas and likewise desired a bigger dimension so that we had the choice to cook bigger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base design, the Ooni pizza oven is absolutely an investment. Including a pizza oven to your outside location may truly spark some joy for you as well as make pizza night a lot more amazing!
This is a well-made, top quality food preparation device that is going to last for years as long as you take treatment of it. While it is a little bit spendy, in my viewpoint – if you’re going to use it at least a couple times a month or even more – it’s absolutely worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly completely put together out of package. All you need to do is unravel the legs and also put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to buy a 1 extra pound or a 20 extra pound gas tank. I’m not sure why, but below on the West shore, we had a hell of a time finding a propane storage tank, as well as then when we discovered one we had to locate a location to get it loaded.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is much easier than you may assume! Reduced the warm, toss your pizza in, and allow it cook for a couple minutes.
The great component is that the oven only has flames on the back and left side, so the front ideal side is the amazing spot which provides you much more control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda provides you a lot of area to relocate the pizza around as well as additionally a great range between the flame and the pizza itself in case it begins to prepare also quickly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s specialty is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it entirely can. For newbie pizza chefs like ourselves, we located a couple YouTube video clips that said transforming the heat to low and cooking it for a little bit longer at a lower temp could be less complicated. Keeping that said, our chosen cooking approach is to:
- Warmth the oven over for about 15-20 minutes.
- Lower the heat to low and include a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 seconds or two for regarding 2-3 mins depending upon the size of the pie and the quantity of toppings
Goat cheese and tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly state I was a bit worried regarding the learning curve of cooking with the Ooni. I assumed it was going to be a little difficult to obtain the warmth just right as well as keep it relocating. Nonetheless, I was happily stunned to discover that after just a couple pizzas you truly start to get the hang of it!
Honestly, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks because I simply wasn’t rather all set to tackle what I believed was going to be a tough food preparation process. Utilizing the pizza oven is very simple and I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we obtained it!
- Lightly powder the work surface area where you’re making the pizza. And also lightly flour the pizza peel. This will certainly make it simpler to move the pizza to the pizza peel as well as transfer it to into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour functions best, but we use all-purpose with no concerns.
- You’ll have to assemble the pizza, then relocate it to the pizza peel, and also after that scoot it off the peel and into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the much easier it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the extra most likely it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess.
- Do not exhaust the dough. The key to getting that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as little as possible. I actually lucked out due to the fact that my partner made use of to make pizzas for a living so he’s generally a expert. He recommends utilizing your fingers to delicately create the crust while moving the dough in a circle. Then slapping it to and fro between your hands/forearms till it gets huge enough. Ideally, you want the dough to be thicker on the brink, and afterwards really thin between. This will certainly give you that signature wood fired pizza oven structure you’re trying to find. If the crust is as well thick in the middle it will not prepare right with.
- Don’t add too several toppings to your pizza. One more method to ensure that your pizza cooks through, is to cover it extremely minimally. I would certainly advise including fifty percent of what you ‘d normally add to a pizza you’re going to bake in a routine oven.
- Do not obtain sidetracked. You want your full interest on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the inside of the oven reaching temps over 900 degrees, it’s crucial to keep a close eye on the pie due to the fact that it can go from perfectly done, to flawlessly melted in a matter of seconds.
Click on this link to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will confess, I was enthusiastic yet doubtful that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was blown away!
The taste is virtually similar to wood-fired pizza even though it just makes use of gas. You obtain those perfectly charred little bits around, the crust hurts on the inside and also extremely crisp on the outside, and the cheese obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply mins.
I could attempt to remain to describe how scrumptious the pizza is, yet let me just say, you will be amazed at the distinction in between the pizza you may in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They simply do not compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we utilize dough from the grocery store 9 times out of 10. They have a actually delicious dough that’s low-cost and chefs actually well in the Ooni. We either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the mood for homemade though.
Overhead shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy handle makes it easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not purchased the transforming peel yet however I ‘d extremely suggest the pizza turning wheel to assist you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently just make use of the pizza peel to do it but it’s a little bit extra troublesome.
- Huge Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went as well as back forth regarding. I wasn’t sure if we must purchase it or just try to find something else similar online. For $250 you are really obtaining your money’s well worth.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels. Mainly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re extremely charming as well as rather inexpensive.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet gotten an infrared thermostat however I’ve heard that it’s very helpful in understanding if the pizza oven has risen to temp as well as prepares to cook!
>> Visit this site to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can locate the Ooni pizza ovens on their website, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The costs are rather comparable, yet occasionally they have sales, so examine around to see where you can obtain the best bargain.
Something that actually lured me concerning the Ooni was that you don’t have to cleanse it! The temperature level inside the oven obtains so warm that there’s truly no demand to sanitize or sterilize the within of it. Certainly, you’ll need to clean down the exterior from time to time as dust chooses it, yet besides that no cleansing is required!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. Then the modular table that we placed it on is 30 x 30 inches. We maintain it in the edge of our garage and also it does not use up way too much room. Keeping it out of the snow and rainfall will certainly help it last longer. If you do not have any protected area to save it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover as well.
A little pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GOOD FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might feel like a great deal of job to obtain the Ooni ready up just to make 2 pizzas (which is what we generally do as a family members of 3) however I guarantee you, it’s really not. The Ooni modular table we got makes it very easy to wheel in and out of the garage. You just attach the lp and let it warmth while you make the pizzas. It’s entirely workable on a weeknight as well as we have not prepared a pizza in our oven because we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the hassle had to do with. The Ooni deserves the cost for the experience that it delivers. I do claim experience since I think that preparing and making food really can be an experience.
My total thoughts on that particular Ooni are that I was anticipating every little thing to be a whole lot even more job. I was expecting the setup to be a headache, the real cooking and prepping to be a bit lengthy, and I had not been certain what the cleansing procedure entailed. Overall, I am definitely elated to find that the Ooni is in fact a really basic, uncomplicated, exterior pizza oven experience. The arrangement is quick. Prepping, warming the oven, and also cooking the pizzas is pretty simple. As well as clean-up is practically non-existent.
It’s likewise really light-weight and mobile so I can absolutely see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raving!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little exterior room, a bit of storage area to keep it completely dry, and also take pleasure in having a drink outside while you cook dinner, after that indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re all set to look into the Ooni pizza oven and also choose which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that tasty, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full interest on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels. Mainly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on as well as after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.