Ooni Pro Gas Optional
Outside pizza ovens are becoming quite popular and also it’s not tough to see why! They use a fast as well as easy method to obtain that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your own backyard. They’re as practical as a classic grill however incredibly versatile since they can get to such a heat and cook all sort of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven for life and ultimately got ours just a few months ago. I know you’ve been curious regarding whether I believe it’s worth the hype or not so I’m below to share my thoughts, suggestions, and techniques – AND whether I believe the Ooni is worth the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As always, all point of views and thoughts are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, outdoor pizza oven. It warms up to concerning 950 degrees in 20 mins and can prepare your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that delicious, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has several models to choose from, which means there’s most likely one that will fit your needs and also spending plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or make use of both wood and also gas. They vary in cost from $299-$ 799 depending upon the dimension and requirements you choose.
We went with the 16″ Koda because we liked the ease of having the ability to utilize gas as well as additionally desired a bigger size so that we had the choice to prepare bigger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is most definitely an financial investment. Adding a pizza oven to your outdoor location might actually trigger some happiness for you as well as make pizza evening much more amazing!
Likewise, this is a well-crafted, quality cooking device that is mosting likely to last for years as long as you take care of it. So while it is a little bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re mosting likely to utilize it a minimum of a pair times a month or more – it’s absolutely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes virtually completely set up out of package. All you need to do is unfold the legs and also put the pizza stone in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will need to acquire a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound gas storage tank. I’m not sure why, however below on the West coast, we had a heck of a time finding a gas storage tank, as well as after that once we discovered one we had to find a area to obtain it loaded.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is less complicated than you may believe! It was most definitely simpler than I anticipated it to be. As soon as you attach the propane container, you simply turn it up to high and also allow it heat up for 20 minutes. Reduced the warmth, toss your pizza in, as well as let it prepare for a pair minutes. My partner and I were both pleasantly surprised at how very easy the Ooni is to make use of and exactly how fun it is to view the pizza cook!
The great part is that the oven only has flames on the back and left side, so the front best side is the amazing place which provides you a lot more control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda offers you a lot of area to move the pizza around as well as additionally a excellent range between the flame and also the pizza itself in case it starts to cook as well promptly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s specialty is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it entirely can. For novice pizza cooks like ourselves, we discovered a couple YouTube videos that stated turning the heat to cooking as well as reduced it for a little bit much longer at a lower temp could be simpler. With that said said, our favored cooking technique is to:
- Heat the oven on high for about 15-20 mins.
- Decrease the warm to low and include a pizza to the oven.
- Prepare the pizza, turning it every 20-30 secs approximately for about 2-3 mins depending on the size of the pie and the amount of toppings
Goat cheese and tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will say I was a bit nervous concerning the discovering contour of food preparation with the Ooni. I believed it was going to be a little complicated to get the warmth just right and also keep it relocating. Nonetheless, I was pleasantly shocked to discover that after simply a pair pizzas you actually begin to master it!
Honestly, we kept our Ooni in the box for a few weeks since I simply had not been quite all set to tackle what I believed was going to be a challenging cooking procedure. Using the pizza oven is incredibly easy as well as I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we obtained it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Gently flour the job surface area where you’re making the pizza. And lightly powder the pizza peel. This will certainly make it much easier to move the pizza to the pizza peel as well as transfer it to right into the oven. I’ve heard semolina flour functions best, yet we use all-purpose without any issues.
- Do not roll the crust out too big unless you’re really comfortable with the procedure of relocate. You’ll need to set up the pizza, then relocate to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel as well as right into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the much easier it is to do. The larger the pizza, the most likely it is you’re mosting likely to wind up with a mangled mess. The 16″ Koda can take care of a 16″ pie, we still keep them around 10″ -12″. I typically separate a one extra pound round of dough in 2, and then present two pizzas from that.
- The trick to obtaining that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. I actually lucked out since my partner used to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a professional. This will give you that signature timber fired pizza oven texture you’re looking for.
- Don’t add way too many garnishes to your pizza. One more means to make sure that your pizza cooks with, is to cover it extremely minimally. I ‘d recommend including fifty percent of what you ‘d generally add to a pizza you’re going to bake in a routine oven. Like I pointed out, the transfer of the pizza is a little difficult, as well as the even more garnishes you have, the harder it is. Keep it top and also simple lightly. This is not the moment to make your signature added added cheese pizza!
- Do not obtain sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full interest on that pizza. With the within the oven reaching temperatures over 900 levels, it’s vital to keep a close eye on the pie since it can go from completely done, to flawlessly melted in a matter of seconds.
Visit this site to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was confident however hesitant that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And holy cow – I was blown away!
The flavor is virtually identical to wood-fired pizza even though it only utilizes gas. You get those flawlessly charred little bits all over, the crust hurts on the inside and also very crisp on the outside, as well as celebrity gets ooey-gooey melty in just minutes.
I can try to continue to describe how tasty the pizza is, yet let me simply say, you will certainly be amazed at the distinction in between the pizza you may in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They just do not compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we make use of dough from the grocery store 9 breaks of 10. They have a actually delicious dough that’s low-cost and cooks truly well in the Ooni. We either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the state of mind for homemade however.
Overhead shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy handle makes it easy to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not bought the transforming peel yet however I ‘d extremely advise the pizza turning wheel to help you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently simply use the pizza peel to do it however it’s a bit more cumbersome.
- Big Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and also back forth about. I wasn’t certain if we need to get it or just try to locate something else comparable online. For $250 you are truly getting your money’s well worth.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels off. Mainly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re super charming as well as rather cost effective.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet obtained an infrared thermometer yet I’ve listened to that it’s incredibly handy in understanding if the pizza oven has actually gotten up to temp and is ready to prepare!
>> Visit this site to take a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are quite comparable, however occasionally they have sales, so examine around to see where you can get the most effective deal.
Something that actually enticed me concerning the Ooni was that you don’t need to cleanse it! The temperature inside the oven gets so warm that there’s really no demand to disinfect the within or disinfect of it. Certainly, you’ll require to wipe down the outside every now and then as dirt decides on it, yet other than that no cleansing is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you don’t have any covered space to save it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A little pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
HELPFUL FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It could appear like a whole lot of job to get the Ooni all set up simply to make two pizzas (which is what we typically do as a family of 3) however I assure you, it’s truly not. You simply link the propane as well as let it warmth while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the rate for the experience that it supplies. I do say experience since I believe that making and cooking food really can be an experience.
My overall thoughts on that Ooni are that I was expecting whatever to be a whole lot even more work. I was expecting the configuration to be a inconvenience, the actual cooking and prepping to be a bit taxing, and also I wasn’t sure what the cleaning procedure required. Generally, I am definitely elated to locate that the Ooni is actually a truly straightforward, uncomplicated, outside pizza oven experience. The setup is quick. Prepping, warming the oven, and also cooking the pizzas is quite easy. And clean-up is practically non-existent.
When the wildfires aren’t raving, it’s likewise extremely light-weight and portable so I can completely see us taking this outdoor camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little outdoor space, a little bit of storage space to maintain it completely dry, as well as enjoy having a drink outside while you prepare dinner, after that indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to look into the Ooni pizza oven and determine which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that provides you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels. Mostly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.