Ooni Pizza Stones
Outdoor pizza ovens are becoming fairly popular as well as it’s not difficult to see why! They offer a fast and also simple method to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your own yard. They’re as convenient as a classic grill yet very flexible since they can get to such a high temperature and prepare all type of foods.
We ‘d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven forever and ultimately got ours just a couple of months earlier. I recognize you’ve been curious concerning whether I believe it’s worth the buzz or not so I’m here to share my ideas, ideas, and methods – AND whether I assume the Ooni is worth the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As always, all opinions as well as ideas are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, exterior pizza oven. It warms up to about 950 degrees in 20 mins and can prepare your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that scrumptious, crispy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of designs to choose from, which means there’s likely one that will fit your demands and spending plan. They offer 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or utilize both wood and also gas. They vary in price from $299-$ 799 depending on the size and also requirements you select.
We went with the 16″ Koda because we suched as the convenience of being able to utilize gas as well as additionally desired a bigger dimension to make sure that we had the choice to cook bigger pizzas or various other points like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an financial investment. However, including a pizza oven to your outdoor location might actually trigger some happiness for you and also make pizza evening more interesting!
This is a durable, quality cooking home appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take care of it. So while it is a bit spendy, in my viewpoint – if you’re going to utilize it a minimum of a pair times a month or more – it’s completely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly entirely constructed out of the box. All you need to do is unfold the legs and also put the pizza stone in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to purchase a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound gas container. I’m not certain why, however below on the West coastline, we had a heck of a time locating a propane container, as well as then when we discovered one we had to discover a area to get it filled.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Making use of the Ooni pizza oven is simpler than you might believe! Reduced the warm, throw your pizza in, as well as allow it cook for a pair minutes.
The good component is that the oven just has flames on the back as well as left side, so the front appropriate side is the awesome place which gives you much more control over exactly how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda offers you lots of area to move the pizza around as well as also a good distance in between the flame and also the pizza itself in case it starts to prepare as well rapidly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can cook a pizza in 60 seconds – which it completely can. However, for novice pizza chefs like ourselves, we located a couple YouTube video clips that said turning the heat to reduced and cooking it awhile much longer at a reduced temp could be much easier. Keeping that claimed, our chosen cooking method is to:
- Heat the oven above for about 15-20 mins.
- Lower the warm to low and include a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 secs or two for about 2-3 minutes depending on the dimension of the pie and the quantity of toppings
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will claim I was a bit nervous regarding the knowing curve of food preparation with the Ooni. I assumed it was mosting likely to be a little complicated to get the warmth ideal as well as maintain it moving. Nevertheless, I was happily amazed to discover that after simply a pair pizzas you actually begin to master it!
I assume we obtain a little much better each time as we perfect the dough shaping and also covering. Truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a few weeks because I just wasn’t quite ready to tackle what I assumed was going to be a difficult food preparation procedure. I might NOT have actually been much more incorrect. Utilizing the pizza oven is super easy and also I desire we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Lightly powder the work surface where you’re making the pizza. And also lightly flour the pizza peel. This will make it easier to relocate the pizza to the pizza peel and move it to right into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour works best, yet we utilize all-purpose with no concerns.
- Do not roll the crust out also big unless you’re extremely comfy with the procedure of relocate. You’ll need to put together the pizza, then relocate to the pizza peel, and after that scoot it off the peel as well as right into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The larger the pizza, the most likely it is you’re mosting likely to wind up with a mangled mess. The 16″ Koda can handle a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I normally split a one pound sphere of dough in two, and afterwards turn out two pizzas from that.
- The secret to getting that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as possible. I truly lucked out because my partner made use of to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a professional. This will offer you that trademark timber discharged pizza oven structure you’re looking for.
- Do not add way too many garnishes to your pizza. Another means to make sure that your pizza cooks through, is to top it very minimally. I would certainly recommend adding half of what you ‘d usually add to a pizza you’re going to bake in a normal oven. Like I discussed, the transfer of the pizza is a little complicated, as well as the more garnishes you have, the more difficult it is. Maintain it simple and also top gently. This is not the moment to make your trademark additional added cheese pizza!
- Don’t obtain sidetracked. You desire your complete interest on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the inside of the oven reaching temps over 900 degrees, it’s crucial to keep a close eye on the pie since it can go from completely done, to completely shed immediately.
Visit this site to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was cynical yet confident that the flavor would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. As well as holy cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is nearly identical to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it only uses gas. You get those completely charred littles all over, the crust is tender on the within and incredibly crisp on the outside, as well as the cheese gets ooey-gooey melty in just minutes.
I could try to continue to define exactly how tasty the pizza is, but let me just claim, you will be astonished at the difference in between the pizza you may in your Ooni and the pizza you make in your oven. They just don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we make use of dough from the food store 9 breaks of 10. They have a actually scrumptious dough that’s low-cost and also cooks really well in the Ooni. We either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the mood for homemade however.
Expenses shot of a tomato as well as goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The long deal with makes it simple to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not bought the transforming peel yet however I ‘d highly recommend the pizza transforming wheel to help you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently just make use of the pizza peel to do it however it’s a little bit more troublesome.
- Large Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went as well as back forth regarding. I wasn’t sure if we must buy it or simply search for another thing similar online. Let me conserve you some time and power. There is absolutely nothing around that approaches this table for less expensive. It’s the outright perfect size, includes a rack, hanging dowels and it’s on the wheels so you can conveniently relocate backward and forward. It also has brakes. For $250 you are truly getting your cash’s well worth. It was additionally rather simple to assemble – or a minimum of I didn’t hear my companion swear too much while he was placing it together and also I believe it was carried out in less than an hr, despite a 5 year old ” aiding” him.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels as well. Mostly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re extremely charming and also quite inexpensive.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet gotten an infrared thermostat yet I’ve heard that it’s extremely useful in knowing if the pizza oven has actually gotten up to temp and prepares to prepare!
>> Visit this site to take a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can locate the Ooni pizza ovens on their internet site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The costs are rather comparable, yet occasionally they have sales, so check around to see where you can get the very best offer.
One thing that truly enticed me about the Ooni was that you don’t have to clean it! The temperature inside the oven gets so warm that there’s truly no demand to disinfect or disinfect the inside of it. Clearly, you’ll need to wipe down the exterior every now and then as dust picks it, yet aside from that no cleansing is required!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you do not have any covered space to save it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A tiny pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might feel like a great deal of job to get the Ooni ready up just to make two pizzas (which is what we typically do as a family of three) however I guarantee you, it’s really not. The Ooni modular table we got makes it very easy to wheel in and out of the garage. You just connect the gas as well as let it heat while you make the pizzas. It’s completely workable on a weeknight and we haven’t cooked a pizza in our oven given that we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the cost for the experience that it supplies. I do say experience because I assume that making as well as preparing food truly can be an experience.
My overall ideas on that particular Ooni are that I was expecting every little thing to be a whole lot even more work. I was anticipating the setup to be a inconvenience, the actual prepping and also preparing to be a little bit lengthy, and I had not been sure what the cleansing process entailed. In general, I am absolutely elated to locate that the Ooni is in fact a actually straightforward, simple, outdoor pizza oven experience. The configuration is quick. Prepping, heating the oven, and preparing the pizzas is quite easy. As well as clean-up is practically non-existent.
It’s additionally extremely lightweight and also portable so I can completely see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raving!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small outdoor room, a little storage area to keep it completely dry, and delight in having a beverage outside while you prepare dinner, then yes – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re all set to take a look at the Ooni pizza oven and determine which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that scrumptious, crispy crust of a standard wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full interest on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these adorable little pizza peels. Primarily simply for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.