Ooni Pizza Oven Stone Replacement
Exterior pizza ovens are becoming fairly popular as well as it’s not hard to see why! They supply a very easy and fast way to get that wood-fired pizza taste right in your very own backyard. They’re as convenient as a traditional grill but very functional because they can get to such a high temperature as well as prepare all sort of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven forever and also lastly obtained ours simply a few months ago. I know you’ve been curious about whether I believe it’s worth the buzz or not so I’m here to share my tricks, pointers, and also thoughts – AND whether I think the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all opinions as well as ideas are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, exterior pizza oven. It heats up to concerning 950 degrees in 20 mins and also can prepare your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that tasty, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous versions to choose from, which implies there’s likely one that will certainly fit your needs and budget plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or utilize both timber and also gas. They vary in rate from $299-$ 799 depending on the dimension and specs you choose.
We chose the 16″ Koda due to the fact that we suched as the ease of having the ability to utilize gas and also wanted a bigger size so that we had the alternative to cook larger pizzas or other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is certainly an financial investment. Adding a pizza oven to your outside location may really trigger some happiness for you and also make pizza night a lot more interesting!
This is a well-made, top quality cooking home appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take care of it. While it is a bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to use it at least a couple times a month or more – it’s entirely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes virtually totally constructed out of the box. All you need to do is unfold the legs and placed the pizza rock in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to purchase a 1 extra pound or a 20 extra pound lp tank. I’m not certain why, but right here on the West coast, we had a heck of a time locating a propane container, and after that when we located one we had to locate a place to obtain it loaded.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is simpler than you may think! It was definitely simpler than I expected it to be. You simply turn it up to high as well as let it heat up for 20 minutes when you attach the propane container. After that lower the heat, throw your pizza in, and let it cook for a couple minutes. My partner and I were both pleasantly amazed at just how simple the Ooni is to utilize as well as exactly how enjoyable it is to watch the pizza chef!
The good part is that the oven just has flames on the back and also left side, so the front right side is the great spot which provides you much more control over how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda gives you lots of room to move the pizza around as well as also a good range between the fire as well as the pizza itself in case it starts to cook too quickly.
Ooni’s specialty is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 seconds – which it completely can. However, for novice pizza cooks like ourselves, we discovered a pair YouTube videos that said turning the heat to low and cooking it for a bit longer at a reduced temperature might be easier. With that said, our liked food preparation approach is to:
- Warmth the oven above for about 15-20 mins.
- Lower the warm to low and also add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 secs approximately for about 2-3 minutes relying on the dimension of the pie and also the amount of toppings
Goat cheese and tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly say I was a bit worried regarding the learning curve of cooking with the Ooni. I assumed it was mosting likely to be a little difficult to get the warm just right and maintain it relocating. Nonetheless, I was happily surprised to discover that after just a couple pizzas you actually begin to master it!
I assume we get a little far better each time as we perfect the dough shaping and also topping. Yet truthfully, we kept our Ooni in the box for a few weeks because I simply wasn’t rather prepared to tackle what I thought was mosting likely to be a hard food preparation process. I might NOT have been a lot more wrong. Using the pizza oven is extremely simple as well as I desire we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Gently powder the job surface where you’re making the pizza. And gently powder the pizza peel. This will make it simpler to relocate the pizza to the pizza peel as well as transfer it to into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour works best, yet we make use of all-purpose with no issues.
- Do not roll the crust out also big unless you’re extremely comfortable with the process of relocate. You’ll need to construct the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and after that scoot it off the peel and into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the less complicated it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more probable it is you’re mosting likely to end up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can manage a 16″ pie, we still keep them around 10″ -12″. I generally divide a one extra pound ball of dough in 2, and then turn out 2 pizzas from that.
- The secret to obtaining that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. I truly lucked out due to the fact that my companion utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s generally a expert. This will certainly give you that trademark wood terminated pizza oven texture you’re looking for.
- Don’t add a lot of garnishes to your pizza. An additional means to make sure that your pizza cooks with, is to cover it very minimally. I would certainly recommend including half of what you ‘d usually contribute to a pizza you’re mosting likely to bake in a regular oven. Like I pointed out, the transfer of the pizza is a little complicated, and also the even more garnishes you have, the more difficult it is. Maintain it top and simple gently. This is not the moment to make your trademark added added cheese pizza!
- Don’t get sidetracked. You want your full focus on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the within the oven reaching temperatures over 900 degrees, it’s essential to keep a close eye on the pie due to the fact that it can go from perfectly done, to perfectly burned in a matter of seconds.
Click here to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was hopeful yet unconvinced that the flavor would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. As well as divine cow – I was surprised!
The taste is almost the same to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it only makes use of gas. You obtain those completely charred littles around, the crust is tender on the within and very crisp outside, and celebrity gets ooey-gooey melty in simply minutes.
I could try to continue to explain exactly how delicious the pizza is, yet let me just say, you will be impressed at the distinction between the pizza you may in your Ooni and the pizza you make in your oven. They simply don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we use dough from the food store 9 times out of 10. They have a truly delicious dough that’s low-cost and also chefs truly well in the Ooni. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy handle makes it very easy to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not bought the turning peel yet however I ‘d highly recommend the pizza transforming wheel to assist you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently simply utilize the pizza peel to do it but it’s a little bit extra cumbersome.
- Huge Modular Table – The big modular table is something I went as well as back forth regarding. If we must get it or just attempt to locate something else comparable online, I had not been sure. However let me save you some time as well as power. There is nothing available that approaches this table for less expensive. It’s the absolute perfect size, features a rack, hanging dowels as well as it’s on the wheels so you can conveniently move it back and forth. It additionally has brakes. For $250 you are really getting your cash’s well worth. It was also quite straightforward to put together – or at least I really did not hear my companion promise way too much while he was placing it together and I believe it was carried out in less than an hr, even with a 5 year old “helping” him.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels. Mainly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re very cute as well as quite cost effective.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet obtained an infrared thermostat however I’ve listened to that it’s extremely useful in understanding if the pizza oven has actually gotten up to temp and also is ready to prepare!
>> Visit this site to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The costs are pretty similar, yet often they have sales, so check around to see where you can obtain the most effective bargain.
Something that really lured me regarding the Ooni was that you don’t have to clean it! The temperature inside the oven obtains so hot that there’s actually no need to disinfect or disinfect the inside of it. Certainly, you’ll require to wipe down the outside every now and then as dirt chooses it, however other than that no cleaning is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. The modular table that we put it on is 30 x 30 inches. We keep it in the edge of our garage as well as it doesn’t occupy excessive space. Maintaining it out of the snow and rain will certainly aid it last longer. If you don’t have any kind of covered room to store it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover also.
A tiny pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may seem like a lot of job to obtain the Ooni prepared up simply to make two pizzas (which is what we typically do as a family members of three) yet I guarantee you, it’s actually not. The Ooni modular table we got makes it easy to wheel in and out of the garage. After that you just connect the gas and also allow it heat while you make the pizzas. It’s totally achievable on a weeknight as well as we have not prepared a pizza in our oven because we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the difficulty had to do with. The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it provides. Since I believe that making and cooking food actually can be an experience, I do state experience.
My overall thoughts on that particular Ooni are that I was anticipating every little thing to be a whole lot more work. I was expecting the arrangement to be a trouble, the actual cooking and also prepping to be a little bit time-consuming, as well as I had not been sure what the cleaning process entailed. On the whole, I am definitely elated to find that the Ooni is really a truly basic, simple, outdoor pizza oven experience. The configuration is quick. Prepping, warming the oven, as well as cooking the pizzas is pretty very easy. And clean-up is basically non-existent.
It’s additionally very light-weight and also portable so I can entirely see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raging!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a tiny outdoor space, a bit of storage room to keep it completely dry, and take pleasure in having a beverage outside while you cook dinner, after that of course – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re prepared to look into the Ooni pizza oven and also make a decision which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that provides you that scrumptious, crispy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels off. Primarily simply for ease of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.