Ooni Pizza Oven Replacement Parts
Exterior pizza ovens are ending up being rather popular and it’s not hard to see why! They offer a easy and quick way to obtain that wood-fired pizza taste right in your own backyard. They’re as hassle-free as a traditional grill yet super flexible given that they can reach such a high temperature and prepare all type of foods.
We ‘d been desiring an Ooni pizza oven for life and ultimately obtained ours just a few months earlier. I recognize you’ve been curious about whether I believe it’s worth the buzz or not so I’m right here to share my pointers, thoughts, and also techniques – AND whether I believe the Ooni deserves the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all point of views as well as thoughts are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, outside pizza oven. It heats up to regarding 950 levels in 20 mins and also can cook your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has several models to select from, which suggests there’s likely one that will fit your demands and also budget plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or utilize both timber and gas. They vary in rate from $299-$ 799 depending on the size and also specifications you choose.
We opted for the 16″ Koda since we liked the convenience of having the ability to utilize gas and likewise desired a bigger dimension to make sure that we had the choice to prepare bigger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is absolutely an financial investment. Nevertheless, including a pizza oven to your exterior location may actually stimulate some pleasure for you and make pizza night much more exciting!
Additionally, this is a well-crafted, quality food preparation device that is mosting likely to last for many years as long as you deal with it. While it is a bit spendy, in my point of view – if you’re going to use it at the very least a couple times a month or even more – it’s absolutely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly completely constructed out of package. All you need to do is unravel the legs as well as put the pizza stone in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to purchase a 1 pound or a 20 extra pound lp container. I’m not sure why, yet here on the West coast, we had a heck of a time discovering a gas storage tank, as well as after that as soon as we discovered one we had to discover a place to get it filled up.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is simpler than you may assume! It was definitely much easier than I expected it to be. You just transform it up to high and allow it warm up for 20 minutes once you connect the propane container. Reduced the warmth, throw your pizza in, as well as let it prepare for a pair mins. My partner and I were both happily shocked at just how easy the Ooni is to make use of as well as exactly how enjoyable it is to see the pizza chef!
The great component is that the oven just has flames on the back and also left side, so the front ideal side is the amazing place which offers you a lot more control over how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda offers you plenty of room to move the pizza around as well as likewise a great distance between the pizza and also the flame itself in case it begins to prepare as well rapidly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s specialty is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it totally can. For amateur pizza cooks like ourselves, we discovered a pair YouTube video clips that said transforming the warm to reduced and also cooking it for a little bit longer at a lower temp might be easier. With that said claimed, our liked food preparation method is to:
- Heat the oven above for about 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to reduced as well as add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, rotating it every 20-30 secs approximately for concerning 2-3 mins depending on the size of the pie as well as the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly claim I was a bit worried concerning the learning contour of food preparation with the Ooni. I believed it was going to be a little tricky to obtain the warmth perfect as well as keep it relocating. I was happily surprised to discover that after just a pair pizzas you actually start to obtain the hang of it!
I believe we obtain a little better each time as we excellent the dough shaping and covering. But honestly, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks because I simply had not been quite prepared to tackle what I thought was going to be a hard cooking process. I might NOT have actually been more incorrect. Using the pizza oven is super very easy as well as I desire we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Lightly powder the job surface where you’re making the pizza. And also gently powder the pizza peel. This will certainly make it easier to relocate the pizza to the pizza peel and also transfer it to right into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour functions best, but we use all-purpose without any issues.
- Don’t roll the crust out as well huge unless you’re very comfy with the procedure of relocate. You’ll need to construct the pizza, after that relocate to the pizza peel, and after that run it off the peel and into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more probable it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess. The 16″ Koda can deal with a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I usually separate a one extra pound ball of dough in two, and afterwards roll out 2 pizzas from that.
- The trick to obtaining that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. I actually lucked out since my partner utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s basically a expert. This will offer you that signature timber fired pizza oven structure you’re looking for.
- Don’t include also many garnishes to your pizza. One more way to ensure that your pizza chefs with, is to cover it very minimally. I ‘d recommend including fifty percent of what you ‘d normally include to a pizza you’re going to bake in a routine oven.
- Don’t obtain sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete attention on that pizza. With the within the oven reaching temps over 900 degrees, it’s crucial to maintain a close eye on the pie since it can go from flawlessly done, to completely shed in a matter of seconds.
Go here to take a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was hesitant but confident that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also holy cow – I was surprised!
The taste is almost identical to wood-fired pizza although it only uses gas. You obtain those completely charred littles throughout, the crust hurts on the within as well as super crisp on the outside, as well as the cheese gets ooey-gooey melty in just mins.
I could try to remain to explain exactly how delicious the pizza is, however let me simply say, you will certainly be impressed at the distinction in between the pizza you might in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They simply don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we make use of dough from the grocery store 9 breaks of 10. They have a truly tasty dough that’s cost-effective as well as cooks really well in the Ooni. We either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the mood for homemade however.
Expenses shot of a tomato as well as goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy handle makes it easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not purchased the turning peel yet however I ‘d very recommend the pizza transforming wheel to aid you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently just utilize the pizza peel to do it however it’s a bit extra cumbersome.
- Large Modular Table – The big modular table is something I went as well as back forth regarding. If we should purchase it or just attempt to locate something else comparable online, I wasn’t sure. Yet let me conserve you a long time as well as power. There is nothing around that is comparable to this table for more affordable. It’s the outright excellent size, features a rack, hanging dowels and also it’s on the wheels so you can conveniently relocate back and forth. It likewise has brakes. For $250 you are really getting your money’s worth. It was additionally rather simple to assemble – or a minimum of I didn’t hear my partner vow way too much while he was putting it together and also I assume it was done in less than an hour, even with a 5 year old ” assisting” him.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels off also. Mostly just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re extremely charming and also pretty affordable.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet obtained an infrared thermometer however I’ve listened to that it’s incredibly helpful in knowing if the pizza oven has stood up to temp and is ready to cook!
>> Click here to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their web site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are pretty similar, yet sometimes they have sales, so inspect around to see where you can get the most effective offer.
Something that actually lured me concerning the Ooni was that you do not need to cleanse it! The temperature inside the oven gets so hot that there’s really no need to disinfect the inside or disinfect of it. Certainly, you’ll need to clean down the exterior once in a while as dirt settles on it, however aside from that no cleaning is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you do not have any kind of covered space to keep it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A little pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might appear like a whole lot of work to obtain the Ooni all set up just to make two pizzas (which is what we normally do as a family members of 3) but I assure you, it’s really not. You just connect the lp and also allow it warm while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the rate for the experience that it delivers. I do claim experience because I believe that making and preparing food actually can be an experience.
My overall ideas on that particular Ooni are that I was expecting whatever to be a great deal even more work. I was expecting the setup to be a hassle, the real cooking as well as prepping to be a bit lengthy, and I had not been certain what the cleansing process required. Generally, I am absolutely elated to discover that the Ooni is really a truly easy, simple, exterior pizza oven experience. The arrangement fasts. Prepping, heating the oven, and also cooking the pizzas is pretty very easy. As well as clean-up is basically non-existent.
It’s likewise really lightweight and portable so I can totally see us taking this camping with us when the wildfires aren’t surging!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small outside area, a little bit of storage area to maintain it dry, as well as delight in having a beverage outside while you cook dinner, then indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re all set to look into the Ooni pizza oven and also decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that delicious, crispy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full focus on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We got these adorable little pizza peels off. Mostly just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and also then something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.