Ooni Pizza Oven Philippines
Outside pizza ovens are coming to be fairly preferred and also it’s not tough to see why! They provide a very easy as well as fast method to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your very own backyard. They’re as convenient as a traditional grill however very versatile considering that they can reach such a high temperature and also cook all kinds of foods.
We ‘d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven for life and also finally got ours simply a few months earlier. I understand you’ve wondered regarding whether I think it’s worth the hype or not so I’m below to share my pointers, methods, as well as thoughts – AND whether I believe the Ooni is worth the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As constantly, all viewpoints and thoughts are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, outdoor pizza oven. It heats up to about 950 degrees in 20 mins and also can prepare your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that scrumptious, crispy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous models to choose from, which suggests there’s likely one that will fit your demands and budget plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or make use of both wood and gas. They vary in cost from $299-$ 799 relying on the dimension and specs you select.
We went with the 16″ Koda since we suched as the convenience of having the ability to use gas as well as also desired a larger size to ensure that we had the alternative to cook larger pizzas or other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is most definitely an financial investment. Including a pizza oven to your outside area may really stimulate some happiness for you as well as make pizza night much more exciting!
This is a durable, quality food preparation device that is going to last for years as long as you take treatment of it. So while it is a little bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to utilize it at the very least a couple times a month or even more – it’s totally worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes virtually entirely constructed out of the box. All you have to do is unravel the legs as well as placed the pizza rock in it!
You will certainly need to buy a 1 extra pound or a 20 extra pound lp container if you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni. Locating that propane storage tank and also having it loaded might have been the hardest part of the entire setting up for us! I’m unsure why, but right here on the West coastline, we had a hell of a time discovering a lp container, and then as soon as we located one we needed to find a area to get it loaded. Fortunately, our regional hardware store had one left, as well as the filling station down the street can fill them so we didn’t have to travel far, yet I called a TON of locations before I can even locate one.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Making use of the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you could assume! Reduced the heat, toss your pizza in, as well as allow it cook for a pair mins.
The good component is that the oven just has flames on the back as well as left side, so the front right side is the amazing place which offers you a lot more control over exactly how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda offers you lots of area to relocate the pizza around as well as likewise a great distance between the pizza and also the flame itself in case it begins to cook too rapidly.
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can cook a pizza in 60 seconds – which it completely can. For beginner pizza cooks like ourselves, we located a couple YouTube videos that said transforming the warm to cooking as well as reduced it for a little bit much longer at a lower temperature might be simpler. With that said claimed, our favored cooking technique is to:
- Warmth the oven above for concerning 15-20 minutes.
- Minimize the warm to reduced and add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, rotating it every 20-30 secs or so for about 2-3 minutes depending on the dimension of the pie as well as the amount of garnishes
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly state I was a little bit worried concerning the discovering contour of food preparation with the Ooni. I believed it was mosting likely to be a little challenging to get the heat ideal as well as keep it moving. Nevertheless, I was happily stunned to locate that after just a pair pizzas you actually start to master it!
I believe we obtain a little better each time as we ideal the dough shaping as well as topping. Yet truthfully, we kept our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks because I simply had not been rather all set to tackle what I assumed was mosting likely to be a hard cooking process. I can NOT have actually been more wrong. Utilizing the pizza oven is extremely simple and I desire we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Lightly flour the work surface area where you’re making the pizza. As well as lightly flour the pizza peel too. This will certainly make it much easier to relocate the pizza to the pizza peel and move it to into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour functions best, however we make use of all-purpose with no issues.
- Do not roll the crust out as well huge unless you’re extremely comfortable with the process of relocate. You’ll have to put together the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel as well as right into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the less complicated it is to do. The larger the pizza, the most likely it is you’re going to wind up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can handle a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I normally split a one extra pound round of dough in two, and after that turn out two pizzas from that.
- Don’t strain the dough. The trick to getting that signature pizza crust is touching the dough just feasible. I truly prevailed since my companion made use of to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a expert. He advises utilizing your fingers to delicately create the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. Slapping it back and forth in between your hands/forearms until it gets big sufficient. Ideally, you desire the dough to be thicker on the edges, and then very thin in the middle. This will certainly give you that signature wood fired pizza oven structure you’re seeking. If the crust is also thick in the center it won’t prepare right via.
- Do not include too several garnishes to your pizza. One more means to guarantee that your pizza cooks via, is to top it very minimally. I would certainly advise including half of what you ‘d generally add to a pizza you’re going to bake in a routine oven.
- Don’t obtain distracted. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full focus on that pizza. With the within the oven reaching temperatures over 900 levels, it’s important to keep a close eye on the pie since it can go from completely done, to perfectly burned immediately.
Go here to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will admit, I was confident yet hesitant that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And holy cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is nearly identical to wood-fired pizza even though it only uses gas. You get those perfectly charred littles throughout, the crust is tender on the inside and very crisp on the outside, and also the cheese gets ooey-gooey melty in just mins.
I could attempt to remain to explain just how tasty the pizza is, however let me simply state, you will certainly be impressed at the distinction in between the pizza you may in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They simply do not compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we use dough from the supermarket 9 times out of 10. They have a actually delicious dough that’s economical and also cooks truly well in the Ooni. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato and also goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We like the 16″ pizza peel! The long deal with makes it easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not bought the turning peel yet but I ‘d highly advise the pizza transforming wheel to aid you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently just use the pizza peel to do it but it’s a little bit much more difficult.
- Big Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and back forth concerning. I wasn’t certain if we ought to buy it or just look for another thing comparable online. Let me save you some time and also energy. There is absolutely nothing available that approaches this table for cheaper. It’s the absolute excellent dimension, comes with a rack, hanging dowels and also it’s on the wheels so you can conveniently move it backward and forward. It additionally has brakes. For $250 you are really getting your cash’s well worth. It was likewise pretty easy to put together – or at the very least I didn’t hear my partner vow excessive while he was putting it together as well as I think it was carried out in less than an hour, even with a 5 year old ” aiding” him.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these cute little pizza peels off. Mostly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re incredibly cute as well as quite affordable.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet obtained an infrared thermostat but I’ve heard that it’s extremely valuable in recognizing if the pizza oven has gotten up to temp as well as is ready to cook!
>> Go here to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their internet site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The costs are pretty similar, but in some cases they have sales, so inspect around to see where you can obtain the very best bargain.
One thing that truly enticed me about the Ooni was that you don’t need to clean it! The temperature inside the oven obtains so hot that there’s truly no need to decontaminate or sterilize the within of it. Certainly, you’ll require to clean down the outside periodically as dust picks it, but aside from that no cleaning is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you don’t have any type of protected area to keep it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A small pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GOOD FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may seem like a lot of work to obtain the Ooni all established up just to make 2 pizzas (which is what we usually do as a household of 3) but I assure you, it’s really not. You simply connect the lp and also let it warmth while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it delivers. I do claim experience due to the fact that I assume that making and cooking food really can be an experience.
My total thoughts on that Ooni are that I was anticipating whatever to be a whole lot more work. Overall, I am definitely elated to locate that the Ooni is in fact a truly easy, uncomplicated, outside pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating the oven, as well as cooking the pizzas is rather very easy.
It’s likewise extremely light-weight and also portable so I can completely see us taking this camping with us when the wildfires aren’t surging!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little outside area, a bit of storage area to maintain it completely dry, and also appreciate having a beverage outside while you prepare dinner, after that yes – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re prepared to take a look at the Ooni pizza oven and also decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete focus on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels off. Primarily just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and also after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.