Ooni Pizza Oven Cart
Exterior pizza ovens are coming to be rather preferred and also it’s not difficult to see why! They provide a quick as well as easy method to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your own yard. They’re as hassle-free as a traditional grill but super versatile considering that they can reach such a heat and cook all kinds of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven permanently as well as lastly got ours just a couple of months back. I recognize you’ve wondered concerning whether I believe it’s worth the hype or otherwise so I’m right here to share my pointers, techniques, and also thoughts – AND whether I believe the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all opinions as well as ideas are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, exterior pizza oven. It heats up to concerning 950 levels in 20 minutes as well as can prepare your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that tasty, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has several designs to choose from, which implies there’s most likely one that will fit your requirements as well as budget plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or make use of both timber and also gas. They range in cost from $299-$ 799 depending on the dimension as well as requirements you pick.
We chose the 16″ Koda due to the fact that we suched as the ease of being able to make use of gas as well as also desired a bigger dimension to make sure that we had the option to cook bigger pizzas or other points like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an financial investment. Adding a pizza oven to your outside location may actually stimulate some delight for you and make pizza night extra exciting!
This is a well-crafted, high quality food preparation appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take care of it. While it is a little bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to use it at the very least a pair times a month or more – it’s entirely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes practically totally put together out of package. All you have to do is unfold the legs and put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to buy a 1 pound or a 20 extra pound lp container. I’m not certain why, however right here on the West coast, we had a heck of a time locating a lp container, and also after that once we discovered one we had to find a place to obtain it loaded.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you may assume! It was certainly less complicated than I expected it to be. When you connect the gas storage tank, you simply transform it as much as high as well as allow it warm up for 20 mins. Lower the warmth, toss your pizza in, and allow it cook for a couple minutes. My companion and I were both happily amazed at how simple the Ooni is to utilize and also just how enjoyable it is to watch the pizza cook!
The wonderful component is that the oven only has flames on the back and also left side, so the front appropriate side is the amazing area which gives you a lot more control over how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda gives you plenty of space to move the pizza around as well as likewise a good range between the pizza and the fire itself in case it starts to cook also rapidly.
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 seconds – which it absolutely can. For amateur pizza cooks like ourselves, we discovered a pair YouTube video clips that claimed turning the warmth to cooking as well as low it for a bit much longer at a reduced temp might be less complicated. Keeping that stated, our chosen cooking method is to:
- Warmth the oven on high for concerning 15-20 mins.
- Minimize the warm to low as well as add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 secs or so for regarding 2-3 minutes depending on the size of the pie as well as the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will claim I was a little bit worried concerning the knowing curve of food preparation with the Ooni. I assumed it was mosting likely to be a little tricky to obtain the heat ideal and also maintain it moving. Nonetheless, I was happily stunned to locate that after just a pair pizzas you truly begin to master it!
I believe we get a little far better each time as we best the dough shaping and covering. Honestly, we kept our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks because I simply wasn’t rather ready to tackle what I believed was going to be a tough food preparation process. I can NOT have been more incorrect. Making use of the pizza oven is very simple and I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Gently powder the work surface area where you’re making the pizza. And lightly powder the pizza peel too. This will make it less complicated to move the pizza to the pizza peel and also move it to into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour functions best, however we utilize all-purpose with no issues.
- Do not roll the crust out also huge unless you’re really comfortable with the process of relocate. You’ll need to put together the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and afterwards run it off the peel and also right into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the much easier it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more likely it is you’re going to wind up with a mangled mess. The 16″ Koda can handle a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I generally separate a one pound sphere of dough in two, and after that present two pizzas from that.
- The trick to getting that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as little as possible. I actually lucked out because my partner utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s generally a professional. This will certainly give you that signature wood discharged pizza oven appearance you’re looking for.
- Don’t add too many toppings to your pizza. Another method to guarantee that your pizza cooks through, is to top it extremely minimally. I would certainly suggest adding fifty percent of what you ‘d typically add to a pizza you’re mosting likely to bake in a routine oven. Like I mentioned, the transfer of the pizza is a little challenging, and the more garnishes you have, the trickier it is. Keep it basic and also leading lightly. This is not the time to make your trademark additional additional cheese pizza!
- Don’t get sidetracked. You want your full interest on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the inside of the oven reaching temps over 900 levels, it’s crucial to maintain a close eye on the pie because it can go from completely done, to completely shed in a matter of seconds.
Click here to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was hopeful yet unconvinced that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was blown away!
The flavor is virtually similar to wood-fired pizza although it only makes use of gas. You obtain those perfectly charred bits around, the crust hurts on the within as well as incredibly crisp outside, as well as celebrity gets ooey-gooey melty in just mins.
I can attempt to continue to define exactly how scrumptious the pizza is, yet let me just say, you will certainly be amazed at the distinction between the pizza you might in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They simply do not contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we make use of dough from the supermarket 9 breaks of 10. They have a truly delicious dough that’s low-cost and also cooks truly well in the Ooni. We either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the mood for homemade however.
Expenses shot of a tomato as well as goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We love the 16″ pizza peel! The long manage makes it easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not purchased the transforming peel yet however I ‘d extremely recommend the pizza transforming wheel to help you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently simply utilize the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a little bit a lot more cumbersome.
- Huge Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and also back forth about. I had not been sure if we should purchase it or simply try to discover something else comparable online. For $250 you are truly obtaining your money’s well worth.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels off. Primarily just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re extremely charming and rather inexpensive.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet obtained an infrared thermometer yet I’ve listened to that it’s very helpful in recognizing if the pizza oven has stood up to temp as well as is ready to prepare!
>> Click on this link to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are quite similar, but often they have sales, so examine around to see where you can get the most effective offer.
Something that truly enticed me regarding the Ooni was that you do not have to cleanse it! The temperature inside the oven gets so warm that there’s really no need to sanitize the inside or sanitize of it. Clearly, you’ll require to clean down the exterior every so often as dust picks it, but apart from that no cleansing is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. Then the modular table that we placed it on is 30 x 30 inches. We maintain it in the edge of our garage and it does not take up too much room. Maintaining it out of the snow and rain will help it last much longer. Ooni does make a weatherproof cover as well if you don’t have any kind of covered area to keep it though.
A little pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
HELPFUL FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might seem like a great deal of job to obtain the Ooni prepared up just to make two pizzas (which is what we normally do as a family of 3) however I assure you, it’s truly not. The Ooni modular table we got makes it very easy to wheel in and out of the garage. You simply connect the propane as well as let it warmth while you make the pizzas. It’s totally workable on a weeknight as well as we have not prepared a pizza in our oven considering that we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the difficulty had to do with. The Ooni deserves the price for the experience that it delivers. Due to the fact that I believe that making as well as cooking food really can be an experience, I do say experience.
My total thoughts on that Ooni are that I was anticipating everything to be a lot even more work. Overall, I am absolutely elated to discover that the Ooni is really a really simple, uncomplicated, outdoor pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating the oven, as well as preparing the pizzas is rather very easy.
It’s likewise really light-weight and also mobile so I can totally see us taking this camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raving!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small outside area, a little bit of storage area to keep it dry, and appreciate having a drink outside while you cook dinner, then of course – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re all set to have a look at the Ooni pizza oven and also make a decision which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that provides you that delicious, crunchy crust of a standard wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these adorable little pizza peels. Mostly simply for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and also after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.