Ooni Pizza Oven Accessories Amazon
Outdoor pizza ovens are becoming fairly preferred as well as it’s not tough to see why! They supply a quick and also very easy means to get that wood-fired pizza taste right in your very own backyard. They’re as hassle-free as a traditional grill yet extremely flexible because they can reach such a high temperature as well as cook all type of foods.
We had actually been wanting an Ooni pizza oven permanently and lastly obtained ours just a few months earlier. I know you’ve wondered regarding whether I believe it’s worth the hype or not so I’m here to share my tricks, thoughts, as well as tips – AND whether I believe the Ooni is worth the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As always, all thoughts and also viewpoints are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, outside pizza oven. It heats up to concerning 950 levels in 20 minutes and also can cook your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that scrumptious, crispy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous versions to pick from, which suggests there’s most likely one that will certainly fit your needs as well as spending plan. They offer 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or utilize both wood and gas. They vary in price from $299-$ 799 relying on the dimension and requirements you pick.
We chose the 16″ Koda since we liked the convenience of being able to make use of gas as well as additionally wanted a bigger dimension to make sure that we had the alternative to prepare bigger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is certainly an investment. Including a pizza oven to your outside location may truly trigger some pleasure for you and make pizza evening a lot more interesting!
This is a well-crafted, quality cooking device that is going to last for years as long as you take care of it. While it is a bit spendy, in my point of view – if you’re going to use it at least a pair times a month or more – it’s completely worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes virtually completely put together out of the box. All you need to do is unravel the legs and put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to buy a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound gas container. Tracking down that gas container and also having it loaded might have been the hardest part of the whole assembly for us! I’m not exactly sure why, yet below on the West shore, we had a hell of a time discovering a propane tank, and after that when we discovered one we had to locate a place to get it filled up. Fortunately, our regional hardware store had one left, and the filling station down the street can load them so we really did not have to travel much, but I called a TON of locations prior to I can also discover one.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is simpler than you could assume! Reduced the heat, toss your pizza in, and also let it cook for a pair mins.
The wonderful component is that the oven only has fires on the back and also left side, so the front right side is the cool spot which provides you more control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda gives you lots of room to move the pizza around and also a excellent distance in between the flame and also the pizza itself in case it begins to prepare also promptly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s specialty is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it totally can. For amateur pizza cooks like ourselves, we found a couple YouTube video clips that claimed turning the heat to reduced and also cooking it for a little bit longer at a reduced temperature could be simpler. Keeping that stated, our chosen food preparation approach is to:
- Warm the oven on high for regarding 15-20 minutes.
- Decrease the warmth to reduced as well as add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 seconds or two for regarding 2-3 minutes depending upon the size of the pie and the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese as well as tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly claim I was a bit nervous about the knowing curve of food preparation with the Ooni. I assumed it was going to be a little challenging to obtain the warmth ideal as well as maintain it moving. I was pleasantly shocked to discover that after just a couple pizzas you actually start to obtain the hang of it!
I think we get a little better each time as we best the dough shaping and also covering. Yet truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in package for a few weeks because I simply had not been rather ready to tackle what I believed was mosting likely to be a difficult cooking process. I might NOT have been a lot more incorrect. Utilizing the pizza oven is incredibly easy and also I desire we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Lightly flour the work surface area where you’re making the pizza. And lightly powder the pizza peel.
- Don’t roll the crust out too large unless you’re very comfortable with the procedure of relocate. You’ll have to assemble the pizza, then relocate to the pizza peel, and afterwards run it off the peel and also into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the most likely it is you’re going to wind up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can deal with a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I generally split a one extra pound ball of dough in 2, and after that roll out two pizzas from that.
- Do not overwork the dough. The key to obtaining that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as possible. Due to the fact that my partner utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s generally a specialist, I really lucked out. He suggests utilizing your fingers to gently create the crust while moving the dough in a circle. Slapping it back and forth in between your hands/forearms till it obtains huge enough. Ideally, you desire the dough to be thicker on the edges, and after that extremely slim in the middle. This will offer you that trademark timber fired pizza oven texture you’re looking for. , if the crust is also thick in the center it will not prepare all the way through.
- Do not include as well several garnishes to your pizza. An additional way to guarantee that your pizza cooks through, is to top it extremely minimally. I would certainly suggest including fifty percent of what you ‘d generally include to a pizza you’re going to cook in a routine oven.
- Do not obtain distracted. You desire your complete attention on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the inside of the oven reaching temperatures over 900 degrees, it’s crucial to maintain a close eye on the pie due to the fact that it can go from completely done, to completely melted in a matter of seconds.
Visit this site to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was doubtful however confident that the flavor would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And divine cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is nearly the same to wood-fired pizza even though it just utilizes gas. You obtain those flawlessly charred little bits throughout, the crust is tender on the within as well as extremely crisp on the outside, and the cheese obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply mins.
I can attempt to remain to explain how tasty the pizza is, however let me simply say, you will be surprised at the difference between the pizza you may in your Ooni and the pizza you make in your oven. They simply don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we use dough from the grocery store 9 times out of 10. They have a really scrumptious dough that’s affordable and also cooks really well in the Ooni. We either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the mood for homemade though.
Expenses shot of a tomato and also goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We like the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy manage makes it simple to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not purchased the transforming peel yet however I ‘d extremely recommend the pizza transforming wheel to assist you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently simply use the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a bit much more troublesome.
- Big Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and back forth about. I wasn’t certain if we should purchase it or simply try to find something else comparable online. For $250 you are truly getting your money’s worth.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels. Mainly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re incredibly charming and quite budget friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet gotten an infrared thermometer however I’ve heard that it’s extremely helpful in recognizing if the pizza oven has actually risen to temp as well as is ready to prepare!
>> Click here to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their website, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The rates are pretty comparable, however in some cases they have sales, so check around to see where you can obtain the best offer.
One thing that actually tempted me about the Ooni was that you don’t have to clean it! The temperature inside the oven obtains so hot that there’s actually no need to sterilize the within or disinfect of it. Clearly, you’ll require to clean down the exterior periodically as dust chooses it, however besides that no cleaning is required!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. Then the modular table that we put it on is 30 x 30 inches. We keep it in the corner of our garage and also it does not occupy excessive room. Keeping it out of the snow as well as rain will certainly assist it last much longer. If you don’t have any kind of covered space to store it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover also.
A tiny pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
HELPFUL FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may appear like a lot of job to obtain the Ooni all established up simply to make two pizzas (which is what we typically do as a family of 3) however I guarantee you, it’s actually not. You just attach the lp as well as allow it warmth while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the fuss had to do with. The Ooni deserves the cost for the experience that it provides. Due to the fact that I think that preparing and making food truly can be an experience, I do claim experience.
My overall ideas on that particular Ooni are that I was anticipating everything to be a great deal even more job. I was expecting the setup to be a hassle, the actual cooking and also prepping to be a bit taxing, and I had not been sure what the cleaning procedure involved. Generally, I am absolutely elated to locate that the Ooni is actually a really easy, straightforward, outdoor pizza oven experience. The configuration fasts. Prepping, heating up the oven, as well as preparing the pizzas is quite simple. And also clean-up is basically non-existent.
When the wildfires aren’t surging, it’s likewise really light-weight and also mobile so I can totally see us taking this outdoor camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little outside space, a little bit of storage room to keep it completely dry, as well as delight in having a drink outside while you prepare dinner, after that indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re prepared to have a look at the Ooni pizza oven and decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that provides you that tasty, crispy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full attention on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these adorable little pizza peels. Mostly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on as well as after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.