Ooni Pizza Calculator
Outside pizza ovens are becoming quite preferred and also it’s not difficult to see why! They provide a easy as well as fast method to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your own backyard. They’re as convenient as a classic grill however super functional because they can reach such a high temperature and cook all type of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven permanently and ultimately got ours just a few months earlier. I know you’ve been curious concerning whether I believe it’s worth the buzz or not so I’m right here to share my tricks, pointers, and also ideas – AND whether I assume the Ooni is worth the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all ideas and opinions are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, outdoor pizza oven. It heats up to about 950 degrees in 20 minutes as well as can cook your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that delicious, crispy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of models to pick from, which means there’s likely one that will fit your needs and also spending plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or make use of both wood and gas. They range in rate from $299-$ 799 depending upon the size and also specifications you select.
We chose the 16″ Koda due to the fact that we liked the simplicity of having the ability to make use of gas and likewise desired a bigger dimension to make sure that we had the option to prepare bigger pizzas or various other points like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is absolutely an investment. Including a pizza oven to your outside area might really spark some joy for you and make pizza evening extra exciting!
Additionally, this is a well-made, high quality cooking appliance that is mosting likely to last for several years as long as you care for it. While it is a bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to use it at least a couple times a month or even more – it’s completely worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly totally set up out of the box. All you need to do is unfold the legs and also put the pizza rock in it!
You will certainly require to buy a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound gas tank if you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni. Locating that lp container and also having it filled could have been the hardest part of the whole setting up for us! I’m not sure why, however below on the West shore, we had a heck of a time finding a propane tank, and afterwards when we found one we had to find a location to get it loaded. Thankfully, our local equipment shop had one left, and the filling station down the street can fill them so we really did not need to travel far, yet I called a TON of areas before I might also locate one.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is less complicated than you might assume! It was certainly less complicated than I expected it to be. When you attach the lp storage tank, you simply transform it as much as high as well as allow it heat up for 20 minutes. After that reduced the heat, toss your pizza in, and also let it cook for a pair minutes. My companion and also I were both happily stunned at how very easy the Ooni is to use and also how fun it is to view the pizza chef!
The good component is that the oven just has fires on the back and left side, so the front best side is the trendy spot which gives you a lot more control over exactly how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda provides you lots of room to relocate the pizza around as well as additionally a good range between the flame and the pizza itself in case it starts to prepare as well rapidly.
Ooni’s specialty is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 secs – which it completely can. For beginner pizza chefs like ourselves, we located a couple YouTube videos that claimed transforming the heat to reduced as well as cooking it for a bit longer at a lower temp might be less complicated. With that said said, our chosen cooking technique is to:
- Heat the oven above for about 15-20 minutes.
- Reduce the warm to reduced as well as add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 seconds or two for about 2-3 minutes relying on the dimension of the pie as well as the quantity of toppings
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will say I was a bit nervous about the discovering curve of food preparation with the Ooni. I assumed it was mosting likely to be a little challenging to get the heat ideal and keep it relocating. Nevertheless, I was pleasantly stunned to find that after just a pair pizzas you truly begin to get the hang of it!
Truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks since I just had not been rather all set to tackle what I thought was going to be a tough food preparation procedure. Using the pizza oven is incredibly easy and also I desire we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Gently powder the job surface where you’re making the pizza. And gently flour the pizza peel. This will certainly make it simpler to relocate the pizza to the pizza peel and move it to right into the oven. I’ve heard semolina flour works best, however we use all-purpose with no problems.
- Don’t roll the crust out also big unless you’re really comfy with the process of relocate. You’ll have to put together the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and afterwards run it off the peel and right into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the easier it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the most likely it is you’re mosting likely to wind up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can take care of a 16″ pie, we still keep them around 10″ -12″. I usually separate a one extra pound ball of dough in 2, and then roll out 2 pizzas from that.
- Do not exhaust the dough. The key to getting that signature pizza crust is touching the dough just feasible. I truly prevailed because my companion utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s basically a expert. He suggests using your fingers to delicately create the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. Slapping it back as well as forth between your hands/forearms up until it obtains huge enough. Preferably, you want the dough to be thicker on the brink, and afterwards very thin in the middle. This will offer you that signature wood terminated pizza oven texture you’re looking for. , if the crust is as well thick in the middle it will not cook all the method with.
- Do not add as well numerous toppings to your pizza. Another way to ensure that your pizza cooks via, is to cover it extremely minimally. I would certainly suggest adding half of what you ‘d typically add to a pizza you’re going to cook in a regular oven.
- Do not obtain sidetracked. You desire your complete attention on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the within the oven reaching temps over 900 levels, it’s important to keep a close eye on the pie since it can go from perfectly done, to flawlessly shed in a matter of seconds.
Click here to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was hopeful yet hesitant that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was blown away!
The flavor is almost the same to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it only makes use of gas. You obtain those perfectly charred bits throughout, the crust is tender on the within as well as super crisp on the outside, as well as celebrity gets ooey-gooey melty in simply minutes.
I can try to continue to define exactly how delicious the pizza is, but let me just state, you will certainly be astonished at the difference in between the pizza you may in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They simply do not contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we utilize dough from the grocery store 9 times out of 10. They have a actually scrumptious dough that’s low-cost and also cooks really well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato and also goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We love the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy deal with makes it simple to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not bought the transforming peel yet but I ‘d highly advise the pizza turning wheel to help you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently simply use the pizza peel to do it but it’s a bit a lot more cumbersome.
- Big Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and also back forth concerning. I had not been certain if we must purchase it or simply try to locate something else similar online. For $250 you are actually obtaining your money’s worth.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels off. Mainly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re incredibly cute and pretty budget-friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet obtained an infrared thermometer yet I’ve heard that it’s very useful in understanding if the pizza oven has gotten up to temp and is ready to cook!
>> Visit this site to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their internet site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The costs are quite comparable, but occasionally they have sales, so check around to see where you can obtain the best bargain.
One thing that really lured me about the Ooni was that you don’t need to clean it! The temperature level inside the oven obtains so warm that there’s actually no demand to sanitize the inside or sanitize of it. Clearly, you’ll need to wipe down the exterior every now and then as dust chooses it, however apart from that no cleaning is needed!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you do not have any protected space to store it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A tiny pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might seem like a lot of job to obtain the Ooni all set up simply to make two pizzas (which is what we normally do as a household of 3) yet I ensure you, it’s really not. The Ooni modular table we got makes it simple to wheel in and out of the garage. After that you simply connect the lp as well as allow it heat while you make the pizzas. It’s entirely doable on a weeknight and we haven’t prepared a pizza in our oven because we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it provides. I do claim experience because I think that preparing as well as making food truly can be an experience.
My general ideas on that Ooni are that I was anticipating whatever to be a whole lot more work. On the whole, I am absolutely elated to discover that the Ooni is actually a really straightforward, straightforward, exterior pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating up the oven, and also preparing the pizzas is rather very easy.
It’s likewise extremely light-weight and portable so I can completely see us taking this camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raving!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small exterior space, a bit of storage room to maintain it dry, as well as take pleasure in having a beverage outside while you prepare dinner, then indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to look into the Ooni pizza oven and also make a decision which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that scrumptious, crispy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full focus on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels off. Mostly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.