Ooni Pizza Bag
Outside pizza ovens are coming to be rather prominent and it’s not hard to see why! They use a fast and simple way to obtain that wood-fired pizza taste right in your very own yard. They’re as convenient as a classic grill yet super flexible since they can get to such a high temperature as well as prepare all kinds of foods.
We had actually been wanting an Ooni pizza oven forever as well as ultimately got ours simply a few months back. I know you’ve wondered regarding whether I believe it’s worth the hype or not so I’m below to share my methods, suggestions, as well as thoughts – AND whether I believe the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As constantly, all thoughts as well as opinions are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, outside pizza oven. It heats up to concerning 950 levels in 20 mins and also can prepare your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that delicious, crispy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of models to choose from, which indicates there’s most likely one that will fit your needs and also budget plan. They offer 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or use both timber and also gas. They range in cost from $299-$ 799 depending on the dimension and specifications you select.
We opted for the 16″ Koda since we liked the simplicity of being able to use gas as well as also desired a larger size to make sure that we had the option to cook larger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is absolutely an financial investment. Nonetheless, including a pizza oven to your outside area might truly stimulate some pleasure for you as well as make pizza evening more interesting!
Also, this is a reliable, high quality cooking device that is mosting likely to last for many years as long as you take care of it. So while it is a bit spendy, in my viewpoint – if you’re going to use it at least a pair times a month or even more – it’s absolutely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes almost totally assembled out of package. All you have to do is unfold the legs and also put the pizza stone in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will need to purchase a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound propane tank. I’m not sure why, yet below on the West coast, we had a hell of a time locating a propane tank, and after that when we located one we had to locate a location to obtain it filled.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Making use of the Ooni pizza oven is simpler than you may believe! Lower the heat, toss your pizza in, as well as allow it cook for a couple mins.
The nice component is that the oven only has flames on the back and left side, so the front appropriate side is the cool spot which provides you much more control over exactly how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda provides you lots of area to move the pizza around and likewise a great range in between the flame as well as the pizza itself in case it starts to prepare also rapidly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s specialty is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 seconds – which it totally can. For amateur pizza chefs like ourselves, we discovered a couple YouTube videos that said turning the warmth to low and also cooking it for a little bit longer at a reduced temp could be simpler. With that said stated, our chosen food preparation method is to:
- Warm the oven on high for about 15-20 minutes.
- Decrease the warmth to low as well as add a pizza to the oven.
- Prepare the pizza, rotating it every 20-30 seconds approximately for about 2-3 mins depending on the dimension of the pie and the amount of toppings
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly claim I was a little bit anxious regarding the learning contour of food preparation with the Ooni. I thought it was mosting likely to be a little complicated to obtain the warm ideal and keep it relocating. However, I was pleasantly surprised to locate that after just a couple pizzas you really begin to get the hang of it!
Truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a few weeks since I just wasn’t fairly prepared to tackle what I assumed was going to be a challenging food preparation procedure. Making use of the pizza oven is super very easy and I desire we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Gently powder the work surface where you’re making the pizza. And lightly flour the pizza peel.
- Do not roll the crust out as well big unless you’re very comfortable with the procedure of relocate. You’ll have to construct the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and after that run it off the peel and into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more likely it is you’re mosting likely to end up with a mangled mess. The 16″ Koda can deal with a 16″ pie, we still keep them around 10″ -12″. I typically separate a one pound ball of dough in two, and afterwards turn out 2 pizzas from that.
- Do not exhaust the dough. The secret to obtaining that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as low as possible. Since my partner utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a specialist, I truly lucked out. He advises utilizing your fingers to delicately develop the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. After that slapping it back and forth between your hands/forearms up until it obtains large sufficient. Ideally, you want the dough to be thicker on the brink, and afterwards very thin in the center. This will certainly provide you that signature timber terminated pizza oven appearance you’re trying to find. If the crust is also thick in the center it will not prepare right with.
- Don’t include a lot of garnishes to your pizza. Another method to make certain that your pizza cooks through, is to top it very minimally. I would certainly suggest adding fifty percent of what you ‘d usually include in a pizza you’re going to cook in a routine oven. Like I pointed out, the transfer of the pizza is a little tricky, and also the more toppings you have, the more difficult it is. Keep it easy and top gently. This is not the moment to make your signature additional added cheese pizza!
- Don’t get sidetracked. You want your complete focus on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the inside of the oven getting to temperatures over 900 levels, it’s crucial to keep a close eye on the pie because it can go from perfectly done, to flawlessly shed immediately.
Click on this link to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was confident however unconvinced that the flavor would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. As well as holy cow – I was surprised!
The taste is virtually identical to wood-fired pizza even though it just utilizes gas. You obtain those perfectly charred littles around, the crust is tender on the within and also very crisp on the outside, as well as celebrity obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply mins.
I could attempt to remain to define how scrumptious the pizza is, yet let me simply say, you will certainly be impressed at the distinction in between the pizza you might in your Ooni and the pizza you make in your oven. They just don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we utilize dough from the supermarket 9 breaks of 10. They have a actually delicious dough that’s affordable as well as chefs actually well in the Ooni. If I’m in the mood for homemade however, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato and also goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We love the 16″ pizza peel! The long deal with makes it easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not purchased the turning peel yet however I ‘d very advise the pizza transforming wheel to aid you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently just use the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a bit more difficult.
- Big Modular Table – The big modular table is something I went and also back forth about. I had not been sure if we need to get it or simply attempt to find something else comparable online. For $250 you are really getting your money’s well worth.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels. Mostly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re very charming and also quite budget-friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet gotten an infrared thermostat yet I’ve heard that it’s very practical in knowing if the pizza oven has stood up to temp and also is ready to cook!
>> Click on this link to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their web site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The rates are quite similar, but in some cases they have sales, so examine around to see where you can obtain the most effective bargain.
One thing that really lured me about the Ooni was that you do not need to clean it! The temperature inside the oven obtains so warm that there’s truly no need to disinfect the inside or decontaminate of it. Obviously, you’ll require to wipe down the exterior from time to time as dust picks it, however besides that no cleansing is needed!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you do not have any covered area to store it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A small pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It could seem like a great deal of job to get the Ooni all set up simply to make 2 pizzas (which is what we normally do as a household of three) but I guarantee you, it’s really not. The Ooni modular table we obtained makes it easy to wheel in and out of the garage. Then you just link the gas as well as let it warmth while you make the pizzas. It’s entirely workable on a weeknight as well as we haven’t cooked a pizza in our oven considering that we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it delivers. I do say experience due to the fact that I think that preparing and also making food actually can be an experience.
My total thoughts on that Ooni are that I was anticipating everything to be a great deal more work. I was anticipating the configuration to be a trouble, the real prepping as well as cooking to be a little bit time-consuming, as well as I had not been sure what the cleaning process involved. Overall, I am definitely elated to discover that the Ooni is really a really easy, uncomplicated, outdoor pizza oven experience. The arrangement fasts. Prepping, warming the oven, and also preparing the pizzas is rather very easy. As well as clean-up is virtually non-existent.
When the wildfires aren’t raging, it’s likewise really lightweight and portable so I can absolutely see us taking this outdoor camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little outdoor room, a little bit of storage room to maintain it completely dry, as well as take pleasure in having a drink outside while you prepare dinner, then indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re all set to take a look at the Ooni pizza oven and also choose which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that provides you that delicious, crunchy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full attention on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We got these cute little pizza peels off. Primarily just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and also then something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.