Ooni Oven Temperature
Outdoor pizza ovens are becoming fairly preferred and it’s not hard to see why! They supply a easy and also fast way to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your very own yard. They’re as practical as a traditional grill but very functional because they can get to such a heat and also cook all kinds of foods.
We had actually been wanting an Ooni pizza oven forever and finally got ours just a few months back. I know you’ve been curious concerning whether I assume it’s worth the buzz or otherwise so I’m right here to share my thoughts, tricks, and also tips – AND whether I believe the Ooni is worth the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As always, all opinions and also ideas are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, outdoor pizza oven. It warms up to regarding 950 degrees in 20 minutes and can prepare your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza rock inside that provides you that tasty, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous designs to select from, which implies there’s likely one that will certainly fit your needs and also budget plan. They use 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or utilize both timber and gas. They range in price from $299-$ 799 depending upon the size and requirements you pick.
We selected the 16″ Koda since we suched as the simplicity of having the ability to utilize gas as well as additionally wanted a larger size so that we had the choice to cook larger pizzas or various other points like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an investment. Adding a pizza oven to your outdoor area may truly trigger some delight for you and make pizza night a lot more interesting!
This is a durable, high quality food preparation appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take care of it. So while it is a bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re mosting likely to utilize it at least a couple times a month or even more – it’s totally worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly totally constructed out of the box. All you need to do is unravel the legs and also placed the pizza stone in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will require to acquire a 1 pound or a 20 pound propane storage tank. I’m not sure why, yet below on the West coastline, we had a heck of a time locating a gas storage tank, and also then when we discovered one we had to locate a place to obtain it loaded.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is less complicated than you may think! Reduced the warm, throw your pizza in, and also let it cook for a couple minutes.
The great component is that the oven just has fires on the back and left side, so the front appropriate side is the great place which gives you extra control over how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda offers you lots of room to move the pizza around and additionally a good distance between the flame and the pizza itself in case it starts to prepare as well promptly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s specialty is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it totally can. For amateur pizza chefs like ourselves, we discovered a pair YouTube video clips that claimed turning the warmth to low and cooking it for a little bit longer at a lower temp might be much easier. Keeping that claimed, our chosen cooking technique is to:
- Warm the oven on high for regarding 15-20 mins.
- Lower the heat to reduced as well as add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 seconds approximately for about 2-3 mins depending upon the size of the pie as well as the amount of toppings
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly state I was a little bit nervous about the discovering contour of food preparation with the Ooni. I believed it was going to be a little challenging to get the warmth perfect and also keep it moving. I was happily stunned to find that after just a couple pizzas you really start to obtain the hang of it!
I assume we get a little far better each time as we perfect the dough shaping and covering. Truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks due to the fact that I simply had not been fairly all set to tackle what I assumed was going to be a tough food preparation process. I might NOT have actually been much more wrong. Using the pizza oven is incredibly easy as well as I want we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Gently flour the job surface area where you’re making the pizza. As well as lightly powder the pizza peel also. This will make it less complicated to relocate the pizza to the pizza peel and move it to right into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour works best, but we use all-purpose with no issues.
- Do not roll the crust out as well big unless you’re really comfortable with the process of moving it. You’ll have to assemble the pizza, after that move it to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel and into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the most likely it is you’re mosting likely to end up with a mangled mess. The 16″ Koda can manage a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I generally separate a one extra pound round of dough in 2, and then turn out 2 pizzas from that.
- Do not exhaust the dough. The trick to getting that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough just possible. Because my partner used to make pizzas for a living so he’s basically a specialist, I truly lucked out. He advises using your fingers to carefully produce the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. Then slapping it to and fro between your hands/forearms up until it obtains large enough. Preferably, you want the dough to be thicker on the edges, and then extremely thin in the center. This will give you that signature wood terminated pizza oven texture you’re looking for. If the crust is too thick in the center it won’t cook all the way via.
- Do not add as well lots of toppings to your pizza. An additional method to make certain that your pizza chefs with, is to top it extremely minimally. I ‘d suggest adding half of what you ‘d normally include to a pizza you’re going to bake in a routine oven.
- Don’t get sidetracked. You want your complete attention on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the within the oven reaching temps over 900 degrees, it’s crucial to keep a close eye on the pie because it can go from flawlessly done, to perfectly melted immediately.
Visit this site to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was enthusiastic but cynical that the flavor would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is virtually similar to wood-fired pizza even though it only utilizes gas. You get those flawlessly charred little bits all over, the crust is tender on the inside and incredibly crisp on the outside, and celebrity obtains ooey-gooey melty in just mins.
I can try to remain to describe just how delicious the pizza is, but let me simply say, you will be amazed at the difference in between the pizza you may in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They simply do not contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we make use of dough from the food store 9 times out of 10. They have a actually delicious dough that’s cost-effective as well as chefs actually well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Expenses shot of a tomato as well as goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We love the 16″ pizza peel! The long handle makes it easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not purchased the transforming peel yet but I ‘d highly advise the pizza turning wheel to aid you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently just make use of the pizza peel to do it but it’s a bit much more cumbersome.
- Large Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went and back forth concerning. If we must get it or simply try to locate something else comparable online, I wasn’t sure. Let me conserve you some time as well as power. There is nothing out there that approaches this table for less costly. It’s the outright best size, comes with a rack, hanging dowels and also it’s on the wheels so you can quickly relocate backward and forward. It also has brakes. For $250 you are truly getting your money’s well worth. It was also rather basic to create – or at least I really did not hear my companion vouch way too much while he was putting it with each other and also I think it was performed in less than an hour, despite having a 5 year old ” aiding” him.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these adorable little pizza peels also. Mostly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re extremely adorable as well as quite budget-friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet obtained an infrared thermometer however I’ve heard that it’s incredibly handy in recognizing if the pizza oven has actually stood up to temp as well as prepares to prepare!
>> Visit this site to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their web site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are pretty similar, yet in some cases they have sales, so check around to see where you can get the very best deal.
Something that truly enticed me regarding the Ooni was that you do not have to clean it! The temperature level inside the oven obtains so warm that there’s truly no demand to sanitize the inside or sanitize of it. Clearly, you’ll require to wipe down the outside from time to time as dust picks it, however apart from that no cleaning is needed!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. The modular table that we put it on is 30 x 30 inches. We maintain it in the edge of our garage as well as it does not occupy too much room. Keeping it out of the snow as well as rain will assist it last much longer. Ooni does make a weatherproof cover as well if you don’t have any kind of protected space to store it though.
A tiny pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GOOD FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may look like a lot of work to get the Ooni good to go up simply to make two pizzas (which is what we normally do as a family of 3) yet I assure you, it’s really not. The Ooni modular table we obtained makes it simple to wheel in and out of the garage. You just connect the propane and allow it heat while you make the pizzas. It’s completely doable on a weeknight as well as we haven’t prepared a pizza in our oven since we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the hassle had to do with. The Ooni deserves the price for the experience that it supplies. I do claim experience due to the fact that I think that making and cooking food really can be an experience.
My general thoughts on that Ooni are that I was expecting everything to be a whole lot more job. In general, I am definitely elated to locate that the Ooni is actually a really easy, straightforward, outside pizza oven experience. Prepping, warming the oven, as well as preparing the pizzas is quite simple.
When the wildfires aren’t raving, it’s also extremely light-weight as well as portable so I can entirely see us taking this camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little outside space, a little storage area to maintain it completely dry, and appreciate having a drink outside while you cook dinner, after that of course – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re prepared to look into the Ooni pizza oven and make a decision which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that tasty, crispy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full focus on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these cute little pizza peels off. Primarily simply for ease of having something to make the pizza on as well as then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.