Ooni Koda Pizza Oven Cover
Exterior pizza ovens are coming to be fairly preferred as well as it’s not tough to see why! They use a easy as well as quick means to get that wood-fired pizza taste right in your own backyard. They’re as convenient as a traditional grill yet super versatile because they can reach such a high temperature as well as prepare all sort of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven forever and also ultimately got ours simply a few months ago. I understand you’ve been curious concerning whether I assume it’s worth the hype or not so I’m here to share my thoughts, techniques, and suggestions – AND whether I believe the Ooni is worth the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all thoughts and viewpoints are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, outside pizza oven. It heats up to about 950 levels in 20 mins as well as can cook your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of designs to choose from, which suggests there’s most likely one that will fit your requirements as well as spending plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or make use of both timber and gas. They vary in price from $299-$ 799 depending on the size as well as specifications you select.
We selected the 16″ Koda because we suched as the ease of having the ability to utilize gas and also desired a larger size to make sure that we had the choice to prepare larger pizzas or other things like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is most definitely an financial investment. Nonetheless, adding a pizza oven to your outdoor area might really stimulate some happiness for you and also make pizza evening much more interesting!
Additionally, this is a reliable, top quality cooking appliance that is mosting likely to last for many years as long as you deal with it. So while it is a bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to use it at least a couple times a month or even more – it’s entirely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes practically totally set up out of the box. All you have to do is unravel the legs and put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will need to buy a 1 pound or a 20 extra pound gas container. I’m not sure why, but here on the West coastline, we had a heck of a time finding a propane container, and then when we located one we had to find a location to obtain it loaded.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is much easier than you may think! Reduced the warmth, toss your pizza in, and also let it prepare for a pair mins.
The good component is that the oven only has fires on the back as well as left side, so the front right side is the amazing spot which provides you more control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda offers you lots of area to move the pizza around as well as additionally a good distance in between the fire as well as the pizza itself in case it begins to cook too rapidly.
Ooni’s specialty is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 secs – which it absolutely can. For newbie pizza cooks like ourselves, we located a pair YouTube videos that stated transforming the warmth to cooking and reduced it for a bit much longer at a reduced temp may be easier. With that said claimed, our favored cooking approach is to:
- Warmth the oven over for regarding 15-20 minutes.
- Lower the warmth to low and also include a pizza to the oven.
- Prepare the pizza, rotating it every 20-30 secs approximately for concerning 2-3 minutes depending on the dimension of the pie and the amount of garnishes
Goat cheese as well as tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly claim I was a little bit nervous regarding the understanding curve of food preparation with the Ooni. I believed it was going to be a little tricky to obtain the warm ideal and also maintain it relocating. However, I was pleasantly shocked to find that after just a couple pizzas you truly begin to master it!
I believe we get a little better each time as we ideal the dough shaping and also covering. Yet truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks because I just wasn’t fairly ready to tackle what I assumed was mosting likely to be a difficult cooking procedure. I could NOT have been more wrong. Utilizing the pizza oven is incredibly simple and also I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Gently flour the work surface where you’re making the pizza. And lightly flour the pizza peel.
- You’ll have to put together the pizza, after that relocate it to the pizza peel, and after that run it off the peel and also right into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the less complicated it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the extra likely it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess.
- Do not exhaust the dough. The trick to obtaining that signature pizza crust is touching the dough just feasible. Due to the fact that my companion utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s essentially a expert, I actually lucked out. He recommends utilizing your fingers to carefully create the crust while moving the dough in a circle. After that slapping it backward and forward in between your hands/forearms till it obtains huge enough. Ideally, you desire the dough to be thicker on the brink, and after that really slim in the center. This will certainly give you that trademark timber terminated pizza oven structure you’re seeking. , if the crust is too thick in the center it won’t prepare all the method through.
- Don’t include too lots of garnishes to your pizza. Another means to ensure that your pizza cooks via, is to top it really minimally. I ‘d recommend including fifty percent of what you ‘d generally include to a pizza you’re going to cook in a routine oven.
- Don’t get sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete interest on that particular pizza. With the inside of the oven reaching temperatures over 900 degrees, it’s crucial to maintain a close eye on the pie since it can go from perfectly done, to completely melted immediately.
Click here to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will confess, I was hesitant yet confident that the flavor would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. As well as divine cow – I was blown away!
The flavor is nearly the same to wood-fired pizza although it only utilizes gas. You get those perfectly charred bits around, the crust hurts on the inside and also super crisp on the outside, and the cheese gets ooey-gooey melty in simply mins.
I might try to remain to explain how scrumptious the pizza is, but let me just state, you will be surprised at the difference between the pizza you might in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They just don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we use dough from the grocery store 9 times out of 10. They have a really delicious dough that’s affordable and cooks really well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato as well as goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The long handle makes it simple to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not bought the transforming peel yet but I ‘d highly recommend the pizza turning wheel to aid you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently just use the pizza peel to do it however it’s a bit extra troublesome.
- Large Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went as well as back forth about. I had not been certain if we must purchase it or simply try to discover something else comparable online. For $250 you are actually getting your money’s worth.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels off also. Mainly just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re incredibly cute and also rather affordable.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet gotten an infrared thermometer but I’ve listened to that it’s incredibly practical in understanding if the pizza oven has risen to temp and also prepares to cook!
>> Click here to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The rates are pretty comparable, however often they have sales, so inspect around to see where you can obtain the best offer.
Something that actually lured me about the Ooni was that you don’t have to cleanse it! The temperature level inside the oven obtains so warm that there’s actually no demand to decontaminate or sterilize the inside of it. Certainly, you’ll need to wipe down the exterior periodically as dirt chooses it, however apart from that no cleansing is required!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. Then the modular table that we placed it on is 30 x 30 inches. We keep it in the edge of our garage and also it does not take up too much room. Keeping it out of the snow and rain will certainly help it last longer. Ooni does make a weatherproof cover as well if you do not have any covered room to store it though.
A tiny pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
HELPFUL FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It could appear like a lot of work to obtain the Ooni all established up just to make two pizzas (which is what we normally do as a family of three) however I assure you, it’s really not. You just attach the lp and let it heat while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it supplies. I do claim experience since I assume that making and preparing food actually can be an experience.
My general ideas on that Ooni are that I was expecting every little thing to be a great deal more work. Generally, I am definitely elated to discover that the Ooni is actually a really straightforward, uncomplicated, outdoor pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating the oven, and preparing the pizzas is rather very easy.
When the wildfires aren’t raging, it’s also extremely lightweight as well as mobile so I can totally see us taking this camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small exterior room, a bit of storage room to maintain it completely dry, as well as appreciate having a beverage outside while you cook supper, then yes – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to take a look at the Ooni pizza oven and determine which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete attention on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We got these adorable little pizza peels off. Mainly simply for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and also then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.