Ooni Koda Feet
Outside pizza ovens are ending up being quite prominent and it’s not hard to see why! They supply a very easy and fast means to obtain that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your own backyard. They’re as practical as a timeless grill yet incredibly flexible given that they can reach such a high temperature as well as prepare all type of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven forever and also ultimately obtained ours just a few months back. I understand you’ve wondered concerning whether I assume it’s worth the buzz or not so I’m below to share my tricks, suggestions, and also ideas – AND whether I think the Ooni is worth the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As constantly, all thoughts and opinions are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, outdoor pizza oven. It heats up to regarding 950 levels in 20 mins as well as can cook your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza rock inside that provides you that tasty, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous versions to choose from, which suggests there’s likely one that will certainly fit your requirements and also budget plan. They provide 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or use both wood and gas. They range in price from $299-$ 799 depending upon the dimension as well as requirements you pick.
We chose the 16″ Koda because we suched as the convenience of having the ability to use gas as well as also desired a larger dimension to make sure that we had the alternative to prepare bigger pizzas or other points like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is most definitely an financial investment. Nonetheless, including a pizza oven to your outdoor area might actually spark some joy for you and make pizza evening extra interesting!
This is a reliable, top quality cooking appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take treatment of it. So while it is a little bit spendy, in my viewpoint – if you’re mosting likely to utilize it at least a couple times a month or even more – it’s completely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes practically entirely constructed out of package. All you have to do is unfold the legs and also put the pizza stone in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will need to buy a 1 pound or a 20 pound propane storage tank. I’m not sure why, however here on the West shore, we had a heck of a time locating a gas tank, and after that as soon as we located one we had to locate a location to obtain it loaded.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you might believe! It was definitely easier than I anticipated it to be. You simply transform it up to high and also allow it heat up for 20 minutes as soon as you attach the gas storage tank. After that lower the warm, toss your pizza in, and allow it cook for a pair minutes. My companion and I were both pleasantly surprised at exactly how very easy the Ooni is to use as well as just how enjoyable it is to watch the pizza cook!
The great part is that the oven only has flames on the back and left side, so the front right side is the awesome spot which provides you much more control over exactly how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda offers you lots of room to move the pizza around and additionally a excellent distance between the pizza as well as the fire itself in case it begins to cook also swiftly.
Ooni’s specialty is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it totally can. For amateur pizza chefs like ourselves, we located a pair YouTube video clips that stated turning the warm to cooking and reduced it for a bit much longer at a reduced temp might be easier. With that said said, our favored cooking method is to:
- Warm the oven on high for concerning 15-20 minutes.
- Decrease the warmth to low as well as include a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, revolving it every 20-30 seconds approximately for about 2-3 mins relying on the size of the pie and the amount of toppings
Goat cheese and tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly say I was a little bit nervous regarding the learning contour of food preparation with the Ooni. I believed it was mosting likely to be a little complicated to obtain the warm ideal and also keep it moving. I was happily amazed to find that after just a couple pizzas you really begin to get the hang of it!
I believe we get a little far better each time as we best the dough shaping as well as topping. However truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks since I just had not been fairly all set to tackle what I thought was going to be a tough cooking process. I can NOT have been a lot more wrong. Making use of the pizza oven is extremely easy as well as I wish we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Lightly flour the work surface where you’re making the pizza. As well as gently flour the pizza peel.
- Don’t roll the crust out also huge unless you’re very comfy with the procedure of relocate. You’ll have to set up the pizza, after that relocate to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel and right into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more probable it is you’re mosting likely to end up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can deal with a 16″ pie, we still keep them around 10″ -12″. I usually separate a one pound ball of dough in two, and then present 2 pizzas from that.
- The trick to getting that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as possible. I really lucked out because my partner made use of to make pizzas for a living so he’s essentially a expert. This will certainly provide you that signature wood fired pizza oven appearance you’re looking for.
- Do not include way too many garnishes to your pizza. An additional way to make sure that your pizza chefs with, is to top it very minimally. I would certainly recommend including fifty percent of what you ‘d typically include in a pizza you’re mosting likely to bake in a normal oven. Like I discussed, the transfer of the pizza is a little complicated, as well as the even more toppings you have, the harder it is. Maintain it simple and also top lightly. This is not the time to make your signature extra additional cheese pizza!
- Don’t get sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete focus on that particular pizza. With the within the oven getting to temperatures over 900 levels, it’s essential to keep a close eye on the pie due to the fact that it can go from flawlessly done, to completely shed in a matter of seconds.
Go here to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will admit, I was unconvinced however confident that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And divine cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is nearly identical to wood-fired pizza although it only uses gas. You obtain those perfectly charred little bits around, the crust is tender on the within as well as extremely crisp on the outside, as well as the cheese gets ooey-gooey melty in just mins.
I might attempt to continue to define just how delicious the pizza is, however let me just claim, you will be astonished at the distinction in between the pizza you might in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They simply do not contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we make use of dough from the food store 9 times out of 10. They have a really scrumptious dough that’s affordable as well as cooks truly well in the Ooni. We either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the state of mind for homemade though.
Overhead shot of a tomato as well as goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy manage makes it simple to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not bought the transforming peel yet but I ‘d very advise the pizza transforming wheel to help you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently just use the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a bit more cumbersome.
- Big Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and also back forth concerning. I had not been certain if we need to acquire it or simply attempt to find something else similar online. For $250 you are actually obtaining your cash’s well worth.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We got these adorable little pizza peels off. Mostly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re extremely charming as well as rather budget friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet obtained an infrared thermometer but I’ve listened to that it’s super practical in knowing if the pizza oven has actually gotten up to temp as well as prepares to prepare!
>> Visit this site to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can locate the Ooni pizza ovens on their site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are quite similar, but in some cases they have sales, so examine around to see where you can obtain the very best deal.
One thing that actually lured me regarding the Ooni was that you don’t have to cleanse it! The temperature level inside the oven gets so hot that there’s really no requirement to disinfect or sterilize the within of it. Clearly, you’ll require to wipe down the outside once in a while as dirt decides on it, but besides that no cleaning is needed!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. The modular table that we put it on is 30 x 30 inches. We keep it in the corner of our garage and also it does not use up excessive room. Maintaining it out of the snow and also rain will certainly help it last longer. Ooni does make a weatherproof cover as well if you do not have any kind of covered room to store it though.
A tiny pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
HELPFUL FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may feel like a lot of job to get the Ooni good to go up simply to make 2 pizzas (which is what we usually do as a family of 3) yet I guarantee you, it’s truly not. The Ooni modular table we got makes it simple to wheel in and out of the garage. You simply link the propane and allow it heat while you make the pizzas. It’s absolutely doable on a weeknight and we have not prepared a pizza in our oven since we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the hassle had to do with. The Ooni deserves the cost for the experience that it supplies. I do say experience since I think that making and also cooking food really can be an experience.
My general ideas on that Ooni are that I was expecting whatever to be a whole lot even more work. I was expecting the configuration to be a headache, the actual cooking and also prepping to be a bit time-consuming, as well as I wasn’t sure what the cleaning process required. In general, I am definitely elated to discover that the Ooni is really a actually simple, uncomplicated, outside pizza oven experience. The arrangement fasts. Prepping, heating the oven, and cooking the pizzas is rather simple. And clean-up is virtually non-existent.
When the wildfires aren’t raging, it’s likewise extremely light-weight as well as portable so I can absolutely see us taking this outdoor camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a tiny outdoor space, a little bit of storage space to maintain it dry, as well as take pleasure in having a drink outside while you cook supper, after that indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re all set to look into the Ooni pizza oven as well as choose which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that tasty, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels. Mainly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and also after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.