Ooni Koda 16 Suomi
Outdoor pizza ovens are coming to be fairly popular and it’s not hard to see why! They offer a quick and very easy method to get that wood-fired pizza taste right in your own backyard. They’re as convenient as a traditional grill however extremely flexible since they can reach such a high temperature and also cook all kinds of foods.
We ‘d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven permanently as well as finally obtained ours just a few months earlier. I know you’ve been curious concerning whether I think it’s worth the hype or otherwise so I’m right here to share my ideas, thoughts, as well as tricks – AND whether I believe the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As constantly, all opinions and thoughts are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, exterior pizza oven. It warms up to concerning 950 levels in 20 mins and also can cook your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has several designs to select from, which indicates there’s likely one that will fit your requirements and budget plan. They use 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or use both timber and gas. They range in price from $299-$ 799 depending on the size and requirements you choose.
We selected the 16″ Koda because we suched as the simplicity of being able to use gas and also desired a larger dimension to make sure that we had the alternative to prepare bigger pizzas or other points like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base design, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an financial investment. Nevertheless, including a pizza oven to your outdoor location may truly trigger some pleasure for you as well as make pizza evening more exciting!
This is a well-crafted, high quality food preparation device that is going to last for years as long as you take care of it. While it is a bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to use it at least a couple times a month or even more – it’s entirely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes virtually totally set up out of package. All you have to do is unfold the legs and put the pizza stone in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly require to purchase a 1 pound or a 20 pound propane storage tank. I’m not certain why, but right here on the West shore, we had a hell of a time discovering a propane tank, as well as after that when we found one we had to locate a area to obtain it filled.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is simpler than you may believe! It was absolutely less complicated than I expected it to be. When you attach the lp tank, you just turn it approximately high and allow it heat up for 20 minutes. Then lower the warmth, throw your pizza in, and let it cook for a couple mins. My partner and also I were both happily shocked at just how easy the Ooni is to make use of and exactly how fun it is to watch the pizza chef!
The great part is that the oven only has fires on the back and also left side, so the front appropriate side is the cool spot which gives you extra control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda offers you plenty of space to relocate the pizza around and additionally a excellent range in between the flame and also the pizza itself in case it begins to prepare too swiftly.
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 seconds – which it entirely can. However, for amateur pizza chefs like ourselves, we discovered a couple YouTube video clips that stated turning the warm to low and cooking it awhile longer at a reduced temp could be much easier. With that said claimed, our chosen food preparation approach is to:
- Warm the oven on high for about 15-20 mins.
- Lower the heat to reduced and also add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 secs approximately for regarding 2-3 mins relying on the size of the pie and also the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly state I was a bit worried about the discovering contour of food preparation with the Ooni. I thought it was mosting likely to be a little complicated to obtain the warm ideal and maintain it relocating. I was happily stunned to discover that after simply a couple pizzas you truly start to obtain the hang of it!
I believe we obtain a little much better each time as we excellent the dough shaping and also covering. However honestly, we maintained our Ooni in package for a few weeks since I simply wasn’t rather prepared to tackle what I assumed was going to be a challenging food preparation process. I might NOT have been extra wrong. Making use of the pizza oven is incredibly very easy as well as I want we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Gently powder the job surface where you’re making the pizza. And also lightly powder the pizza peel. This will make it much easier to move the pizza to the pizza peel and move it to right into the oven. I’ve heard semolina flour works best, however we make use of all-purpose without any concerns.
- Don’t roll the crust out also big unless you’re really comfortable with the process of relocate. You’ll need to construct the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel and also right into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the easier it is to do. The larger the pizza, the most likely it is you’re mosting likely to wind up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can deal with a 16″ pie, we still keep them around 10″ -12″. I normally divide a one extra pound ball of dough in 2, and then turn out 2 pizzas from that.
- The secret to obtaining that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. I truly lucked out due to the fact that my companion made use of to make pizzas for a living so he’s basically a professional. This will certainly give you that trademark wood discharged pizza oven appearance you’re looking for.
- Do not include also many garnishes to your pizza. An additional means to guarantee that your pizza chefs with, is to cover it extremely minimally. I ‘d advise adding half of what you ‘d usually include to a pizza you’re going to cook in a normal oven.
- Don’t get distracted. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete focus on that pizza. With the within the oven getting to temperatures over 900 levels, it’s important to keep a close eye on the pie because it can go from completely done, to perfectly burned in a matter of seconds.
Click here to take a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was confident yet hesitant that the flavor would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And divine cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is virtually the same to wood-fired pizza even though it just uses gas. You get those completely charred little bits around, the crust is tender on the within and extremely crisp outside, and also celebrity gets ooey-gooey melty in simply mins.
I can try to remain to define just how delicious the pizza is, however let me just claim, you will be impressed at the difference between the pizza you might in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They simply don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we utilize dough from the supermarket 9 breaks of 10. They have a really scrumptious dough that’s inexpensive and cooks really well in the Ooni. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Expenses shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We love the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy handle makes it very easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not purchased the transforming peel yet but I ‘d highly suggest the pizza transforming wheel to aid you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently simply make use of the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a bit a lot more troublesome.
- Big Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went and back forth about. I had not been sure if we need to buy it or simply search for another thing similar online. Allow me save you some time and also energy. There is absolutely nothing around that is comparable to this table for less costly. It’s the outright perfect size, features a rack, hanging dowels and it’s on the wheels so you can quickly move it back and forth. It also has brakes. For $250 you are truly obtaining your money’s well worth. It was additionally pretty straightforward to create – or at least I really did not hear my partner vow way too much while he was putting it with each other and I believe it was performed in less than an hour, despite having a 5 years of age “helping” him.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels off. Mainly just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re super cute and also pretty budget friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet gotten an infrared thermometer but I’ve listened to that it’s incredibly practical in knowing if the pizza oven has risen to temp and also is ready to cook!
>> Go here to take a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their internet site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are pretty similar, yet often they have sales, so check around to see where you can obtain the best deal.
Something that truly tempted me regarding the Ooni was that you do not have to cleanse it! The temperature level inside the oven gets so hot that there’s truly no demand to disinfect the within or decontaminate of it. Certainly, you’ll need to wipe down the exterior every now and then as dirt decides on it, however aside from that no cleansing is needed!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you do not have any type of protected area to save it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A little pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GOOD FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may feel like a lot of job to obtain the Ooni prepared up simply to make 2 pizzas (which is what we generally do as a family members of three) but I assure you, it’s really not. The Ooni modular table we obtained makes it very easy to wheel in and out of the garage. You just link the gas and also let it warm while you make the pizzas. It’s entirely workable on a weeknight and we haven’t prepared a pizza in our oven since we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it provides. I do state experience because I think that preparing and also making food actually can be an experience.
My general ideas on that Ooni are that I was expecting everything to be a great deal even more work. I was anticipating the configuration to be a trouble, the actual prepping and also preparing to be a bit lengthy, as well as I had not been certain what the cleaning procedure entailed. On the whole, I am absolutely elated to discover that the Ooni is actually a really straightforward, uncomplicated, outdoor pizza oven experience. The arrangement is quick. Prepping, warming the oven, and cooking the pizzas is pretty very easy. And clean-up is virtually non-existent.
When the wildfires aren’t raving, it’s also extremely lightweight as well as mobile so I can absolutely see us taking this camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small outside space, a little storage space to keep it completely dry, as well as delight in having a beverage outside while you prepare supper, then yes – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re prepared to look into the Ooni pizza oven as well as make a decision which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that delicious, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We got these cute little pizza peels. Mainly just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and also after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.