Ooni Koda 16 México
Outdoor pizza ovens are ending up being quite prominent and it’s not difficult to see why! They use a easy and also fast way to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your own yard. They’re as convenient as a classic grill yet incredibly versatile considering that they can get to such a high temperature and also prepare all kinds of foods.
We ‘d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven permanently and also lastly obtained ours just a few months earlier. I understand you’ve been curious concerning whether I assume it’s worth the hype or not so I’m right here to share my ideas, tips, and techniques – AND whether I assume the Ooni is worth the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As constantly, all viewpoints and also ideas are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, exterior pizza oven. It heats up to concerning 950 degrees in 20 mins and can cook your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that delicious, crunchy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has several models to choose from, which indicates there’s likely one that will certainly fit your needs as well as budget plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or make use of both wood and gas. They vary in price from $299-$ 799 relying on the size as well as specs you select.
We chose the 16″ Koda because we liked the ease of having the ability to use gas and likewise wanted a larger size so that we had the alternative to cook larger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is certainly an investment. Including a pizza oven to your outside area might really trigger some joy for you and also make pizza evening more amazing!
Also, this is a well-crafted, top quality food preparation home appliance that is going to last for several years as long as you take care of it. While it is a bit spendy, in my point of view – if you’re going to use it at least a couple times a month or more – it’s totally worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes practically totally set up out of package. All you need to do is unfold the legs and also put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will require to acquire a 1 extra pound or a 20 extra pound lp container. I’m not certain why, yet here on the West shore, we had a hell of a time discovering a propane container, and after that once we discovered one we had to find a place to get it loaded.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is simpler than you might believe! Reduced the warm, throw your pizza in, and allow it prepare for a couple minutes.
The good part is that the oven only has flames on the back and also left side, so the front appropriate side is the amazing spot which offers you more control over how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda offers you a lot of area to move the pizza around as well as likewise a great range between the pizza as well as the flame itself in case it starts to cook too rapidly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s specialty is that it can cook a pizza in 60 seconds – which it completely can. Nonetheless, for amateur pizza cooks like ourselves, we discovered a couple YouTube video clips that said transforming the heat to low and also cooking it for a bit much longer at a reduced temp might be less complicated. Keeping that claimed, our liked cooking technique is to:
- Warm the oven above for concerning 15-20 mins.
- Decrease the heat to low as well as include a pizza to the oven.
- Prepare the pizza, revolving it every 20-30 seconds or two for concerning 2-3 mins relying on the dimension of the pie as well as the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese and tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will claim I was a bit anxious about the knowing curve of food preparation with the Ooni. I thought it was going to be a little complicated to get the heat perfect as well as keep it relocating. However, I was happily surprised to find that after just a pair pizzas you actually begin to master it!
I assume we get a little far better each time as we excellent the dough shaping and topping. However honestly, we kept our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks since I just wasn’t quite ready to tackle what I believed was mosting likely to be a difficult cooking procedure. I might NOT have actually been extra incorrect. Utilizing the pizza oven is super simple and also I want we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Gently powder the job surface where you’re making the pizza. And also gently powder the pizza peel as well. This will certainly make it less complicated to move the pizza to the pizza peel as well as move it to into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour functions best, but we utilize all-purpose without any issues.
- You’ll have to assemble the pizza, after that move it to the pizza peel, and then run it off the peel and also into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The larger the pizza, the much more likely it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess.
- Don’t overwork the dough. The key to obtaining that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as low as possible. Since my companion made use of to make pizzas for a living so he’s essentially a professional, I truly lucked out. He advises utilizing your fingers to carefully develop the crust while moving the dough in a circle. After that slapping it backward and forward between your hands/forearms till it gets huge sufficient. Preferably, you want the dough to be thicker on the brink, and then really slim in the middle. This will provide you that signature wood terminated pizza oven appearance you’re seeking. , if the crust is as well thick in the middle it won’t cook all the method with.
- Do not add way too many toppings to your pizza. Another way to make certain that your pizza chefs through, is to cover it very minimally. I ‘d suggest adding fifty percent of what you ‘d generally add to a pizza you’re mosting likely to bake in a regular oven. Like I mentioned, the transfer of the pizza is a little complicated, and the more toppings you have, the harder it is. Maintain it leading and also simple lightly. This is not the time to make your signature additional additional cheese pizza!
- Don’t obtain distracted. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete interest on that particular pizza. With the within the oven getting to temperatures over 900 degrees, it’s crucial to maintain a close eye on the pie because it can go from perfectly done, to completely shed immediately.
Go here to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was skeptical yet enthusiastic that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also holy cow – I was surprised!
The taste is nearly identical to wood-fired pizza although it only utilizes gas. You get those flawlessly charred bits around, the crust is tender on the inside and extremely crisp outside, and also celebrity gets ooey-gooey melty in just mins.
I can attempt to continue to describe just how delicious the pizza is, yet let me simply say, you will be amazed at the difference in between the pizza you might in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They just do not compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we utilize dough from the grocery store 9 times out of 10. They have a actually scrumptious dough that’s low-cost and chefs really well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We love the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy deal with makes it very easy to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not bought the transforming peel yet but I ‘d highly advise the pizza transforming wheel to help you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently just utilize the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a little bit much more cumbersome.
- Big Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went as well as back forth regarding. If we should get it or just try to find something else similar online, I wasn’t certain. Yet let me conserve you a long time and power. There is nothing available that is comparable to this table for more affordable. It’s the outright excellent dimension, includes a rack, hanging dowels and it’s on the wheels so you can quickly move it back and forth. It likewise has brakes. For $250 you are really getting your money’s worth. It was likewise pretty simple to create – or at the very least I didn’t hear my companion vouch way too much while he was placing it together as well as I think it was carried out in less than an hour, despite having a 5 years of age “helping” him.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels. Mostly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re extremely adorable as well as pretty affordable.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet gotten an infrared thermostat but I’ve heard that it’s incredibly practical in understanding if the pizza oven has stood up to temp as well as prepares to cook!
>> Click on this link to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their internet site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The costs are quite comparable, yet sometimes they have sales, so inspect around to see where you can get the very best offer.
One point that really lured me about the Ooni was that you don’t have to clean it! The temperature level inside the oven obtains so warm that there’s truly no requirement to disinfect the inside or decontaminate of it. Certainly, you’ll require to wipe down the exterior from time to time as dust settles on it, but other than that no cleaning is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. The modular table that we put it on is 30 x 30 inches. We keep it in the edge of our garage and it doesn’t take up too much area. Keeping it out of the snow and rain will help it last longer. Ooni does make a weatherproof cover as well if you don’t have any covered space to save it however.
A tiny pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might appear like a lot of job to get the Ooni all established up just to make 2 pizzas (which is what we generally do as a household of three) but I assure you, it’s truly not. You simply link the propane and also let it warm while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it supplies. I do claim experience due to the fact that I think that preparing and also making food actually can be an experience.
My total ideas on that Ooni are that I was expecting everything to be a lot even more work. I was anticipating the arrangement to be a inconvenience, the actual prepping as well as preparing to be a little bit time-consuming, and also I wasn’t certain what the cleansing procedure entailed. On the whole, I am absolutely elated to discover that the Ooni is in fact a truly straightforward, simple, exterior pizza oven experience. The configuration fasts. Prepping, heating up the oven, and also cooking the pizzas is rather very easy. And clean-up is virtually non-existent.
It’s additionally extremely light-weight and mobile so I can absolutely see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raving!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small outside area, a little bit of storage room to keep it dry, and also enjoy having a beverage outside while you cook dinner, after that yes – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re prepared to have a look at the Ooni pizza oven as well as decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that delicious, crunchy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full interest on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels. Primarily simply for ease of having something to make the pizza on and also then something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.