Ooni Koda 16 Biscotto Saputo
Exterior pizza ovens are becoming rather preferred and also it’s not difficult to see why! They supply a simple as well as fast way to obtain that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your very own backyard. They’re as practical as a classic grill however very flexible since they can get to such a high temperature as well as cook all kinds of foods.
We ‘d been desiring an Ooni pizza oven permanently as well as ultimately got ours just a couple of months ago. I know you’ve wondered about whether I believe it’s worth the buzz or not so I’m below to share my ideas, tricks, as well as pointers – AND whether I believe the Ooni deserves the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As constantly, all opinions and thoughts are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, exterior pizza oven. It heats up to regarding 950 degrees in 20 mins as well as can cook your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza stone inside that provides you that delicious, crunchy crust of a standard wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of designs to choose from, which indicates there’s most likely one that will fit your needs and also spending plan. They supply 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or make use of both timber as well as gas. They vary in cost from $299-$ 799 depending on the size and specs you pick.
We chose the 16″ Koda since we suched as the ease of being able to make use of gas and also desired a bigger size to make sure that we had the alternative to cook larger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is certainly an financial investment. Nonetheless, adding a pizza oven to your outside area may truly stimulate some pleasure for you and make pizza evening extra interesting!
Additionally, this is a durable, high quality cooking device that is going to last for many years as long as you look after it. So while it is a bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to use it a minimum of a couple times a month or even more – it’s completely worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes practically entirely assembled out of the box. All you need to do is unravel the legs and also put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to acquire a 1 pound or a 20 pound propane container. I’m not sure why, however below on the West coast, we had a heck of a time discovering a gas container, as well as after that when we located one we had to locate a area to get it filled.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you may assume! It was certainly easier than I anticipated it to be. As soon as you link the gas container, you simply turn it up to high and let it heat up for 20 minutes. Then reduced the warmth, throw your pizza in, as well as let it cook for a pair minutes. My companion as well as I were both happily amazed at exactly how very easy the Ooni is to use as well as exactly how fun it is to watch the pizza cook!
The wonderful component is that the oven only has fires on the back as well as left side, so the front appropriate side is the awesome place which gives you a lot more control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda gives you a lot of space to move the pizza around as well as likewise a great distance between the pizza and the fire itself in case it starts to cook also swiftly.
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can cook a pizza in 60 seconds – which it totally can. Nevertheless, for beginner pizza cooks like ourselves, we found a couple YouTube video clips that claimed turning the warmth to low as well as cooking it for a bit longer at a reduced temperature might be much easier. With that said, our preferred cooking method is to:
- Heat the oven on high for regarding 15-20 mins.
- Reduce the warmth to reduced as well as include a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, rotating it every 20-30 secs or so for about 2-3 mins depending on the dimension of the pie and the amount of garnishes
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly state I was a bit nervous regarding the knowing contour of food preparation with the Ooni. I thought it was going to be a little complicated to obtain the warm just right and keep it moving. Nonetheless, I was happily stunned to locate that after just a couple pizzas you really start to master it!
Honestly, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a few weeks due to the fact that I just had not been fairly prepared to tackle what I assumed was going to be a challenging cooking process. Utilizing the pizza oven is extremely easy as well as I want we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we obtained it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Lightly flour the job surface area where you’re making the pizza. And also gently powder the pizza peel also. This will make it simpler to move the pizza to the pizza peel and transfer it to right into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour functions best, however we utilize all-purpose without any concerns.
- You’ll have to construct the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and also then scoot it off the peel as well as into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the less complicated it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the much more likely it is you’re going to finish up with a mangled mess.
- The key to getting that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as possible. I actually lucked out because my partner made use of to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a professional. This will certainly offer you that trademark timber fired pizza oven appearance you’re looking for.
- Don’t include a lot of garnishes to your pizza. Another way to make sure that your pizza chefs through, is to cover it really minimally. I would certainly suggest including fifty percent of what you ‘d usually add to a pizza you’re mosting likely to cook in a routine oven. Like I pointed out, the transfer of the pizza is a little tricky, and also the more garnishes you have, the harder it is. So maintain it leading and also straightforward gently. This is not the time to make your signature additional added cheese pizza!
- Don’t obtain sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete attention on that pizza. With the within the oven reaching temps over 900 degrees, it’s essential to keep a close eye on the pie since it can go from flawlessly done, to perfectly shed in a matter of seconds.
Visit this site to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was cynical but hopeful that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And divine cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is nearly identical to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it just uses gas. You obtain those perfectly charred littles around, the crust is tender on the inside as well as very crisp on the outside, as well as celebrity obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply mins.
I might try to continue to explain just how delicious the pizza is, but let me just say, you will certainly be astonished at the difference between the pizza you may in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They just do not compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we utilize dough from the supermarket 9 breaks of 10. They have a really tasty dough that’s economical and also cooks actually well in the Ooni. If I’m in the mood for homemade however, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We like the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy take care of makes it very easy to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not bought the transforming peel yet but I ‘d very suggest the pizza turning wheel to assist you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently simply utilize the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a little bit a lot more difficult.
- Large Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went as well as back forth concerning. I had not been sure if we need to buy it or just look for another thing comparable online. However let me conserve you some time as well as power. There is nothing available that approaches this table for more affordable. It’s the outright best dimension, features a shelf, hanging dowels and also it’s on the wheels so you can easily move it back and forth. It also has brakes. For $250 you are actually getting your money’s well worth. It was likewise quite easy to put together – or at least I didn’t hear my companion swear excessive while he was placing it with each other and also I think it was performed in less than an hour, despite a 5 years of age “helping” him.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We got these cute little pizza peels off as well. Primarily just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re super charming and pretty budget-friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet gotten an infrared thermostat but I’ve heard that it’s extremely valuable in recognizing if the pizza oven has actually risen to temp as well as is ready to prepare!
>> Click on this link to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their website, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are pretty comparable, however in some cases they have sales, so check around to see where you can obtain the most effective offer.
Something that truly attracted me concerning the Ooni was that you do not have to clean it! The temperature inside the oven gets so warm that there’s really no need to disinfect or disinfect the within of it. Undoubtedly, you’ll require to wipe down the outside every so often as dust picks it, however other than that no cleansing is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. Then the modular table that we put it on is 30 x 30 inches. We keep it in the corner of our garage and it doesn’t take up excessive space. Keeping it out of the snow and also rainfall will help it last longer. If you do not have any type of covered room to keep it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A little pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
HELPFUL FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might feel like a lot of job to get the Ooni prepared up simply to make 2 pizzas (which is what we normally do as a family members of three) yet I ensure you, it’s truly not. The Ooni modular table we obtained makes it very easy to wheel in and out of the garage. You just connect the propane and allow it warmth while you make the pizzas. It’s entirely workable on a weeknight and also we haven’t prepared a pizza in our oven since we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the hassle was about. The Ooni is worth the rate for the experience that it provides. Since I assume that preparing and making food truly can be an experience, I do claim experience.
My overall thoughts on that Ooni are that I was expecting every little thing to be a whole lot even more work. Overall, I am definitely elated to discover that the Ooni is really a really simple, straightforward, outdoor pizza oven experience. Prepping, warming the oven, and preparing the pizzas is quite easy.
It’s also extremely light-weight as well as mobile so I can totally see us taking this camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raging!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a tiny outside space, a bit of storage space to keep it completely dry, as well as enjoy having a beverage outside while you prepare supper, after that indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re prepared to have a look at the Ooni pizza oven and also decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that tasty, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full focus on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these cute little pizza peels. Primarily simply for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and also then something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.