Ooni Koda 12 Temperature Range
Outside pizza ovens are coming to be fairly preferred as well as it’s not tough to see why! They supply a easy and fast method to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your very own backyard. They’re as hassle-free as a traditional grill yet very flexible considering that they can get to such a heat and also prepare all sort of foods.
We ‘d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven forever as well as finally obtained ours just a few months ago. I understand you’ve wondered regarding whether I assume it’s worth the hype or not so I’m right here to share my thoughts, techniques, and ideas – AND whether I assume the Ooni deserves the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all opinions and also thoughts are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, exterior pizza oven. It heats up to concerning 950 degrees in 20 minutes and also can prepare your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza rock inside that provides you that scrumptious, crispy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of models to pick from, which means there’s likely one that will fit your demands and also budget plan. They offer 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or make use of both wood and also gas. They range in rate from $299-$ 799 depending on the size as well as requirements you choose.
We opted for the 16″ Koda because we liked the convenience of being able to use gas and also wanted a larger size so that we had the choice to cook larger pizzas or other things like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is absolutely an financial investment. Adding a pizza oven to your outside area may actually stimulate some pleasure for you as well as make pizza evening a lot more exciting!
This is a durable, top quality food preparation home appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take treatment of it. So while it is a bit spendy, in my viewpoint – if you’re mosting likely to use it at the very least a couple times a month or even more – it’s completely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly entirely assembled out of package. All you have to do is unfold the legs and also placed the pizza stone in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly need to purchase a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound lp tank. I’m not sure why, however here on the West coastline, we had a heck of a time locating a lp tank, and also then as soon as we discovered one we had to locate a location to obtain it filled up.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you could assume! Lower the warm, toss your pizza in, and also let it cook for a pair minutes.
The great component is that the oven just has flames on the back as well as left side, so the front ideal side is the cool place which offers you a lot more control over how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda gives you plenty of space to move the pizza around and also a excellent distance between the fire and the pizza itself in case it starts to prepare also swiftly.
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it totally can. For novice pizza cooks like ourselves, we found a couple YouTube videos that claimed turning the heat to cooking as well as reduced it for a little bit much longer at a lower temp may be less complicated. With that claimed, our preferred cooking approach is to:
- Warm the oven over for regarding 15-20 minutes.
- Lower the warmth to reduced and also add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 seconds approximately for concerning 2-3 mins relying on the dimension of the pie and also the amount of garnishes
Goat cheese as well as tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will claim I was a little bit anxious regarding the understanding contour of cooking with the Ooni. I believed it was going to be a little complicated to obtain the warm perfect as well as keep it relocating. Nonetheless, I was pleasantly shocked to discover that after simply a couple pizzas you really begin to get the hang of it!
I assume we get a little better each time as we excellent the dough shaping as well as topping. Honestly, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a few weeks because I just had not been rather ready to tackle what I assumed was going to be a hard cooking procedure. I could NOT have been a lot more incorrect. Making use of the pizza oven is very easy and also I want we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Gently flour the work surface area where you’re making the pizza. And also lightly powder the pizza peel. This will certainly make it less complicated to move the pizza to the pizza peel as well as move it to into the oven. I’ve heard semolina flour works best, but we use all-purpose without any issues.
- Don’t roll the crust out also big unless you’re very comfortable with the process of moving it. You’ll need to set up the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel and right into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the most likely it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can manage a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I commonly split a one pound round of dough in two, and afterwards turn out two pizzas from that.
- Don’t strain the dough. The key to getting that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. I really lucked out due to the fact that my companion used to make pizzas for a living so he’s generally a specialist. He recommends utilizing your fingers to carefully produce the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. Then slapping it to and fro in between your hands/forearms up until it obtains large enough. Ideally, you desire the dough to be thicker on the brink, and then very thin in the middle. This will give you that trademark timber fired pizza oven appearance you’re looking for. , if the crust is too thick in the middle it will not prepare all the method with.
- Do not add too many toppings to your pizza. An additional means to make sure that your pizza chefs through, is to cover it extremely minimally. I would certainly advise including half of what you ‘d generally contribute to a pizza you’re going to bake in a regular oven. Like I mentioned, the transfer of the pizza is a little tricky, and the even more toppings you have, the more difficult it is. Keep it straightforward as well as top lightly. This is not the time to make your trademark extra extra cheese pizza!
- Don’t get distracted. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete interest on that particular pizza. With the inside of the oven reaching temps over 900 degrees, it’s vital to keep a close eye on the pie because it can go from completely done, to flawlessly shed immediately.
Visit this site to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was hopeful however skeptical that the taste would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And holy cow – I was blown away!
The flavor is nearly identical to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it only utilizes gas. You obtain those completely charred bits throughout, the crust is tender on the inside as well as incredibly crisp outside, and the cheese obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply minutes.
I could try to remain to describe how scrumptious the pizza is, yet let me simply claim, you will certainly be astonished at the distinction in between the pizza you might in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They just don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we make use of dough from the food store 9 times out of 10. They have a really tasty dough that’s low-cost and also chefs actually well in the Ooni. If I’m in the mood for homemade however, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Expenses shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We like the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy manage makes it very easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not purchased the turning peel yet however I ‘d extremely advise the pizza turning wheel to assist you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently just use the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a bit much more troublesome.
- Large Modular Table – The big modular table is something I went and back forth concerning. I had not been sure if we ought to buy it or simply look for something else comparable online. Allow me save you some time as well as power. There is nothing out there that approaches this table for cheaper. It’s the absolute perfect dimension, features a shelf, hanging dowels and also it’s on the wheels so you can quickly relocate backward and forward. It also has brakes. For $250 you are truly obtaining your cash’s worth. It was likewise rather simple to create – or a minimum of I really did not hear my partner vow too much while he was placing it with each other and I think it was carried out in less than an hr, despite having a 5 year old ” assisting” him.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels too. Mostly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re very charming as well as quite inexpensive.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet obtained an infrared thermometer yet I’ve heard that it’s incredibly useful in understanding if the pizza oven has stood up to temp and also is ready to cook!
>> Click on this link to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The rates are pretty similar, but often they have sales, so examine around to see where you can get the very best deal.
One point that truly lured me regarding the Ooni was that you do not have to clean it! The temperature level inside the oven obtains so hot that there’s actually no demand to sanitize or disinfect the inside of it. Clearly, you’ll need to wipe down the outside periodically as dirt chooses it, however other than that no cleansing is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. Then the modular table that we put it on is 30 x 30 inches. We maintain it in the edge of our garage and also it does not use up way too much room. Maintaining it out of the snow and also rainfall will help it last longer. If you do not have any kind of protected room to save it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A small pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
HELPFUL FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might look like a great deal of job to get the Ooni ready up simply to make two pizzas (which is what we generally do as a family of 3) however I ensure you, it’s actually not. The Ooni modular table we got makes it simple to wheel in and out of the garage. You simply connect the lp as well as let it heat while you make the pizzas. It’s completely manageable on a weeknight and we have not prepared a pizza in our oven given that we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it provides. I do claim experience because I believe that cooking and also making food really can be an experience.
My overall thoughts on that Ooni are that I was anticipating whatever to be a whole lot more work. I was anticipating the arrangement to be a trouble, the real prepping as well as preparing to be a little bit lengthy, and also I had not been sure what the cleansing process entailed. On the whole, I am definitely elated to discover that the Ooni is actually a truly simple, uncomplicated, outdoor pizza oven experience. The configuration fasts. Prepping, warming the oven, as well as cooking the pizzas is quite simple. As well as clean-up is essentially non-existent.
It’s additionally really lightweight and mobile so I can totally see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raging!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little exterior space, a bit of storage room to maintain it completely dry, as well as appreciate having a drink outside while you prepare dinner, after that yes – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re all set to check out the Ooni pizza oven and decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that provides you that scrumptious, crispy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full focus on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these charming little pizza peels. Mainly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on as well as after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.