Ooni Ife Lives
Exterior pizza ovens are ending up being quite popular and it’s not difficult to see why! They use a quick as well as simple means to get that wood-fired pizza taste right in your own yard. They’re as hassle-free as a classic grill yet incredibly flexible considering that they can get to such a high temperature as well as prepare all type of foods.
We ‘d been desiring an Ooni pizza oven forever and ultimately obtained ours just a couple of months back. I recognize you’ve wondered concerning whether I think it’s worth the hype or not so I’m below to share my thoughts, tricks, and tips – AND whether I believe the Ooni is worth the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As constantly, all thoughts as well as point of views are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, exterior pizza oven. It warms up to about 950 levels in 20 minutes and can cook your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous versions to select from, which implies there’s likely one that will certainly fit your needs and spending plan. They use 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or use both timber as well as gas. They vary in rate from $299-$ 799 depending upon the size as well as specifications you choose.
We selected the 16″ Koda because we liked the ease of being able to use gas as well as additionally wanted a bigger size to ensure that we had the choice to prepare bigger pizzas or other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an investment. Nevertheless, including a pizza oven to your exterior area might truly stimulate some delight for you and make pizza evening more amazing!
Also, this is a well-crafted, top quality cooking device that is mosting likely to last for years as long as you look after it. So while it is a little bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re mosting likely to use it at the very least a pair times a month or more – it’s entirely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly entirely constructed out of the box. All you need to do is unfold the legs as well as put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will require to acquire a 1 extra pound or a 20 extra pound propane container. Tracking down that gas tank as well as having it filled up may have been the hardest part of the entire setting up for us! I’m not sure why, yet right here on the West coast, we had a hell of a time finding a lp storage tank, and afterwards as soon as we located one we had to find a location to get it filled. The good news is, our regional equipment store had one left, and also the filling station down the street can fill them so we really did not need to travel far, however I called a TON of areas before I could also discover one.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Making use of the Ooni pizza oven is simpler than you could think! Lower the warmth, throw your pizza in, as well as let it prepare for a couple minutes.
The good part is that the oven just has fires on the back and also left side, so the front right side is the trendy spot which offers you extra control over exactly how the pizza is food preparation. The 16″ Koda gives you a lot of space to relocate the pizza around as well as also a great distance between the fire and the pizza itself in case it starts to cook too rapidly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it absolutely can. Nevertheless, for beginner pizza cooks like ourselves, we discovered a couple YouTube video clips that stated turning the warmth to cooking as well as low it for a bit longer at a reduced temperature may be simpler. With that stated, our chosen food preparation technique is to:
- Warmth the oven on high for regarding 15-20 mins.
- Lower the heat to reduced and also add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, rotating it every 20-30 seconds or two for regarding 2-3 mins relying on the size of the pie as well as the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will say I was a bit worried about the discovering contour of cooking with the Ooni. I thought it was going to be a little challenging to obtain the warmth just right as well as keep it relocating. Nonetheless, I was pleasantly surprised to find that after just a couple pizzas you truly begin to master it!
Honestly, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks since I simply had not been quite prepared to tackle what I thought was going to be a hard food preparation process. Using the pizza oven is very very easy and I desire we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Gently powder the job surface where you’re making the pizza. And gently flour the pizza peel. This will certainly make it much easier to relocate the pizza to the pizza peel as well as transfer it to right into the oven. I’ve heard semolina flour functions best, but we make use of all-purpose without any problems.
- Don’t roll the crust out as well big unless you’re extremely comfortable with the process of relocate. You’ll need to construct the pizza, then relocate to the pizza peel, and then run it off the peel as well as into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the much easier it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the more probable it is you’re mosting likely to end up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can deal with a 16″ pie, we still keep them around 10″ -12″. I commonly split a one pound round of dough in two, and then roll out two pizzas from that.
- The secret to getting that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. I actually lucked out because my companion used to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a expert. This will certainly provide you that trademark timber discharged pizza oven appearance you’re looking for.
- Don’t include too numerous garnishes to your pizza. Another means to make certain that your pizza cooks through, is to cover it extremely minimally. I would certainly advise including fifty percent of what you ‘d usually include to a pizza you’re going to cook in a regular oven.
- Do not obtain sidetracked. You desire your full interest on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the within the oven reaching temperatures over 900 levels, it’s important to keep a close eye on the pie because it can go from completely done, to completely burned in a matter of seconds.
Go here to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was doubtful yet confident that the flavor would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And holy cow – I was surprised!
The flavor is almost identical to wood-fired pizza even though it just utilizes gas. You obtain those completely charred littles throughout, the crust is tender on the within as well as very crisp on the outside, as well as celebrity obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply mins.
I could attempt to continue to define just how scrumptious the pizza is, however let me just claim, you will certainly be impressed at the distinction between the pizza you may in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They simply do not contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we make use of dough from the food store 9 times out of 10. They have a actually tasty dough that’s affordable and also cooks truly well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Expenses shot of a tomato and also goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We like the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy take care of makes it simple to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not purchased the transforming peel yet but I ‘d very advise the pizza turning wheel to aid you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently simply use the pizza peel to do it but it’s a bit a lot more troublesome.
- Large Modular Table – The big modular table is something I went and back forth concerning. If we need to buy it or simply attempt to discover something else comparable online, I had not been certain. Let me conserve you some time and also energy. There is absolutely nothing available that is comparable to this table for more affordable. It’s the outright excellent size, features a rack, hanging dowels and also it’s on the wheels so you can conveniently move it backward and forward. It also has brakes. For $250 you are truly obtaining your cash’s worth. It was also quite easy to put together – or a minimum of I didn’t hear my partner swear too much while he was placing it together and I assume it was done in less than an hour, even with a 5 year old “helping” him.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these cute little pizza peels off. Mainly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re incredibly cute and pretty affordable.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet gotten an infrared thermometer but I’ve heard that it’s incredibly handy in knowing if the pizza oven has stood up to temp as well as is ready to prepare!
>> Go here to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their web site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are rather comparable, yet in some cases they have sales, so inspect around to see where you can obtain the most effective bargain.
One point that really lured me concerning the Ooni was that you do not have to clean it! The temperature level inside the oven obtains so hot that there’s really no demand to disinfect the inside or sanitize of it. Obviously, you’ll need to clean down the exterior every now and then as dirt chooses it, but aside from that no cleansing is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you don’t have any type of covered space to save it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A little pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may appear like a whole lot of job to obtain the Ooni all set up just to make 2 pizzas (which is what we usually do as a family members of 3) yet I ensure you, it’s actually not. You simply attach the propane and allow it heat while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the difficulty had to do with. The Ooni is worth the rate for the experience that it provides. Due to the fact that I believe that making and also preparing food really can be an experience, I do say experience.
My overall thoughts on that particular Ooni are that I was anticipating whatever to be a great deal more job. I was expecting the setup to be a inconvenience, the real prepping and also preparing to be a bit time-consuming, and also I wasn’t certain what the cleansing procedure required. On the whole, I am definitely elated to discover that the Ooni is really a actually simple, simple, exterior pizza oven experience. The arrangement is quick. Prepping, heating up the oven, as well as cooking the pizzas is pretty very easy. As well as clean-up is basically non-existent.
It’s additionally extremely lightweight as well as portable so I can entirely see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t surging!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small outdoor area, a bit of storage room to keep it dry, as well as delight in having a beverage outside while you cook dinner, after that of course – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to look into the Ooni pizza oven and choose which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that delicious, crispy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels. Mostly simply for ease of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.