Ooni Headquarters Address
Outside pizza ovens are ending up being rather popular as well as it’s not tough to see why! They use a fast and easy method to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your very own yard. They’re as practical as a timeless grill but super versatile because they can get to such a heat as well as cook all sort of foods.
We had actually been wanting an Ooni pizza oven forever and also lastly obtained ours simply a few months back. I know you’ve been curious about whether I think it’s worth the hype or otherwise so I’m right here to share my ideas, methods, and ideas – AND whether I assume the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As constantly, all ideas and point of views are my own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, outside pizza oven. It warms up to regarding 950 levels in 20 mins as well as can cook your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that tasty, crunchy crust of a standard wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of designs to choose from, which indicates there’s likely one that will fit your needs as well as budget. They use 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or use both wood as well as gas. They vary in cost from $299-$ 799 depending upon the size and also specs you select.
We went with the 16″ Koda since we liked the convenience of being able to make use of gas and also wanted a bigger size to make sure that we had the alternative to prepare bigger pizzas or other points like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is absolutely an investment. Adding a pizza oven to your outdoor area may actually trigger some pleasure for you and make pizza evening a lot more amazing!
This is a well-crafted, top quality food preparation home appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take treatment of it. While it is a little bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to use it at least a pair times a month or even more – it’s totally worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly completely set up out of package. All you have to do is unravel the legs and also placed the pizza rock in it!
You will need to buy a 1 extra pound or a 20 extra pound gas tank if you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni. Tracking down that lp tank and also having it filled up could have been the hardest part of the whole setting up for us! I’m not sure why, yet right here on the West coast, we had a hell of a time locating a gas container, and after that once we located one we needed to discover a location to get it filled up. Luckily, our neighborhood hardware shop had one left, and the gas station down the street can fill them so we really did not need to take a trip much, yet I called a TON of locations prior to I could also discover one.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Using the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you may think! Lower the heat, throw your pizza in, and let it cook for a couple minutes.
The wonderful component is that the oven only has flames on the back as well as left side, so the front ideal side is the cool place which gives you a lot more control over how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda provides you plenty of area to relocate the pizza around as well as additionally a good range in between the fire and also the pizza itself in case it starts to cook also quickly.
Ooni’s specialty is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it completely can. Nevertheless, for newbie pizza cooks like ourselves, we discovered a couple YouTube videos that stated turning the warmth to reduced and also cooking it for a bit longer at a reduced temperature might be simpler. Keeping that stated, our chosen food preparation technique is to:
- Warm the oven on high for about 15-20 minutes.
- Lower the warm to low and also add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 seconds or so for regarding 2-3 minutes relying on the dimension of the pie as well as the amount of garnishes
Goat cheese as well as tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will claim I was a little bit nervous regarding the discovering contour of food preparation with the Ooni. I believed it was going to be a little complicated to get the warmth just right and keep it moving. I was happily shocked to locate that after just a couple pizzas you actually begin to get the hang of it!
I assume we obtain a little better each time as we ideal the dough shaping and also topping. Yet truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a few weeks because I simply had not been fairly prepared to tackle what I believed was mosting likely to be a difficult cooking process. I can NOT have been more wrong. Using the pizza oven is super easy and also I want we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Gently flour the job surface area where you’re making the pizza. As well as gently flour the pizza peel. This will certainly make it easier to relocate the pizza to the pizza peel as well as move it to right into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour functions best, yet we make use of all-purpose without any problems.
- You’ll have to put together the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, as well as after that run it off the peel as well as right into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the easier it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the extra most likely it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess.
- Do not strain the dough. The secret to getting that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as feasible. I actually lucked out because my companion utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a professional. He recommends using your fingers to carefully develop the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. Slapping it back and also forth in between your hands/forearms till it gets huge enough. Ideally, you want the dough to be thicker on the edges, and after that extremely thin between. This will give you that signature timber terminated pizza oven texture you’re seeking. If the crust is also thick between it won’t prepare all the way with.
- Don’t add a lot of garnishes to your pizza. An additional method to guarantee that your pizza chefs through, is to cover it extremely minimally. I ‘d suggest adding half of what you ‘d normally contribute to a pizza you’re going to cook in a regular oven. Like I discussed, the transfer of the pizza is a little complicated, as well as the more toppings you have, the more difficult it is. So maintain it leading as well as basic gently. This is not the moment to make your signature added added cheese pizza!
- Don’t obtain sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full interest on that particular pizza. With the inside of the oven getting to temperatures over 900 levels, it’s crucial to maintain a close eye on the pie due to the fact that it can go from perfectly done, to perfectly shed immediately.
Go here to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was doubtful however confident that the flavor would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was blown away!
The flavor is virtually the same to wood-fired pizza even though it only uses gas. You obtain those flawlessly charred bits around, the crust is tender on the inside and incredibly crisp outside, and also the cheese gets ooey-gooey melty in just minutes.
I could attempt to continue to explain exactly how delicious the pizza is, yet let me just state, you will certainly be astonished at the difference between the pizza you may in your Ooni and the pizza you make in your oven. They just don’t contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we utilize dough from the food store 9 times out of 10. They have a actually tasty dough that’s inexpensive and also chefs actually well in the Ooni. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Expenses shot of a tomato as well as goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We love the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy deal with makes it easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not bought the turning peel yet but I ‘d very advise the pizza transforming wheel to assist you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently simply use the pizza peel to do it but it’s a little bit much more cumbersome.
- Large Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and back forth concerning. I had not been certain if we should get it or just try to find something else similar online. For $250 you are actually getting your cash’s worth.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels. Mostly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re extremely charming and also quite budget friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet obtained an infrared thermometer but I’ve heard that it’s super helpful in recognizing if the pizza oven has actually gotten up to temp and also prepares to cook!
>> Visit this site to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their website, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are rather comparable, yet in some cases they have sales, so inspect around to see where you can obtain the best deal.
One thing that actually enticed me concerning the Ooni was that you do not have to clean it! The temperature level inside the oven gets so warm that there’s truly no need to sanitize the within or sanitize of it. Undoubtedly, you’ll require to wipe down the exterior periodically as dirt picks it, yet other than that no cleansing is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. The modular table that we put it on is 30 x 30 inches. We keep it in the edge of our garage and also it doesn’t take up way too much space. Maintaining it out of the snow and also rainfall will certainly help it last longer. If you don’t have any type of covered area to keep it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover too.
A little pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GOOD FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may appear like a great deal of job to get the Ooni good to go up simply to make two pizzas (which is what we usually do as a family of 3) yet I ensure you, it’s actually not. The Ooni modular table we got makes it easy to wheel in and out of the garage. You simply link the lp and also let it warmth while you make the pizzas. It’s entirely workable on a weeknight as well as we haven’t prepared a pizza in our oven given that we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the difficulty was about. The Ooni is worth the cost for the experience that it delivers. I do claim experience because I believe that making and also preparing food actually can be an experience.
My total thoughts on that Ooni are that I was expecting everything to be a great deal even more work. Generally, I am absolutely elated to locate that the Ooni is in fact a actually simple, simple, outdoor pizza oven experience. Prepping, warming the oven, and also preparing the pizzas is quite simple.
When the wildfires aren’t raging, it’s likewise extremely light-weight as well as portable so I can entirely see us taking this outdoor camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a tiny outside space, a little bit of storage area to keep it dry, as well as enjoy having a drink outside while you prepare supper, then yes – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re prepared to have a look at the Ooni pizza oven and make a decision which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that provides you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your full focus on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels off. Mostly just for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.