Ooni Fyra 12 Wood Pellet Pizza Oven How To Use
Outdoor pizza ovens are coming to be rather prominent as well as it’s not tough to see why! They use a fast and easy method to obtain that wood-fired pizza taste right in your very own yard. They’re as hassle-free as a classic grill yet super flexible considering that they can reach such a heat as well as prepare all type of foods.
We ‘d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven permanently as well as finally got ours just a few months earlier. I know you’ve wondered concerning whether I assume it’s worth the hype or otherwise so I’m here to share my pointers, thoughts, as well as tricks – AND whether I think the Ooni is worth the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni talented me this pizza oven. As always, all thoughts as well as point of views are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, exterior pizza oven. It warms up to about 950 degrees in 20 mins as well as can prepare your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that tasty, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has several versions to choose from, which suggests there’s likely one that will certainly fit your requirements and budget plan. They use 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or utilize both wood and also gas. They vary in rate from $299-$ 799 relying on the size and requirements you select.
We went with the 16″ Koda due to the fact that we liked the convenience of having the ability to utilize gas and additionally desired a bigger dimension to ensure that we had the alternative to prepare bigger pizzas or other points like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base version, the Ooni pizza oven is absolutely an financial investment. Nonetheless, including a pizza oven to your outdoor area might really spark some delight for you as well as make pizza night a lot more interesting!
Additionally, this is a durable, top quality food preparation home appliance that is mosting likely to last for years as long as you care for it. So while it is a little bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re mosting likely to use it a minimum of a pair times a month or even more – it’s totally worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly completely assembled out of the box. All you need to do is unravel the legs and also put the pizza rock in it!
You will certainly require to buy a 1 extra pound or a 20 extra pound lp storage tank if you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni. Finding that propane container and also having it filled up might have been the hardest part of the entire assembly for us! I’m not sure why, however here on the West coast, we had a hell of a time locating a lp container, and then once we discovered one we had to discover a location to get it filled. Fortunately, our regional hardware shop had one left, and the gasoline station down the street can load them so we didn’t need to travel far, but I called a TON of places before I might even discover one.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Making use of the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you may think! Reduced the warm, toss your pizza in, and let it cook for a pair mins.
The good part is that the oven only has flames on the back as well as left side, so the front right side is the cool spot which gives you extra control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda provides you plenty of area to move the pizza around and likewise a good range between the flame as well as the pizza itself in case it begins to prepare also rapidly.
Ooni’s specialty is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 secs – which it totally can. Nonetheless, for amateur pizza cooks like ourselves, we found a pair YouTube videos that stated turning the warmth to cooking and low it awhile much longer at a lower temp might be much easier. With that stated, our preferred food preparation approach is to:
- Warmth the oven over for about 15-20 mins.
- Reduce the warmth to low as well as add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, revolving it every 20-30 secs approximately for about 2-3 mins depending on the size of the pie as well as the amount of toppings
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly state I was a bit worried regarding the knowing curve of cooking with the Ooni. I thought it was going to be a little difficult to get the warmth perfect and keep it relocating. I was pleasantly surprised to locate that after simply a couple pizzas you truly begin to get the hang of it!
Truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks due to the fact that I just wasn’t rather ready to tackle what I believed was going to be a tough cooking procedure. Using the pizza oven is incredibly simple and I want we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Gently flour the work surface area where you’re making the pizza. And gently powder the pizza peel also. This will make it much easier to move the pizza to the pizza peel and transfer it to into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour functions best, however we make use of all-purpose without any concerns.
- You’ll have to construct the pizza, after that move it to the pizza peel, as well as after that run it off the peel and into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the simpler it is to do. The larger the pizza, the much more most likely it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess.
- Don’t overwork the dough. The secret to obtaining that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as low as feasible. Due to the fact that my companion utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s generally a professional, I really lucked out. He recommends utilizing your fingers to delicately create the crust while moving the dough in a circle. Slapping it back as well as forth in between your hands/forearms till it gets huge sufficient. Ideally, you desire the dough to be thicker on the edges, and after that very thin in the center. This will give you that signature timber fired pizza oven structure you’re trying to find. , if the crust is as well thick in the middle it will not prepare all the way through.
- Do not include way too many garnishes to your pizza. One more means to guarantee that your pizza chefs via, is to top it extremely minimally. I ‘d advise adding fifty percent of what you ‘d usually contribute to a pizza you’re mosting likely to bake in a regular oven. Like I stated, the transfer of the pizza is a little tricky, and also the even more toppings you have, the trickier it is. Keep it top and also basic lightly. This is not the time to make your trademark added added cheese pizza!
- Do not obtain distracted. You want your complete focus on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the inside of the oven reaching temps over 900 degrees, it’s essential to keep a close eye on the pie because it can go from perfectly done, to perfectly burned in a matter of seconds.
Visit this site to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was skeptical yet enthusiastic that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was blown away!
The taste is almost the same to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it just utilizes gas. You get those flawlessly charred little bits throughout, the crust is tender on the within and also super crisp on the outside, as well as celebrity obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply minutes.
I might attempt to continue to describe how scrumptious the pizza is, yet let me simply claim, you will certainly be amazed at the distinction in between the pizza you may in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They just don’t compare.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we make use of dough from the supermarket 9 times out of 10. They have a actually tasty dough that’s low-cost and also chefs really well in the Ooni. We either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the mood for homemade however.
Overhead shot of a tomato as well as goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We like the 16″ pizza peel! The long handle makes it very easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not purchased the transforming peel yet however I ‘d extremely advise the pizza transforming wheel to assist you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently just utilize the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a bit extra difficult.
- Large Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went as well as back forth concerning. I wasn’t certain if we ought to get it or just try to locate something else comparable online. For $250 you are really getting your cash’s worth.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels off. Mostly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re super charming and rather economical.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet gotten an infrared thermostat but I’ve listened to that it’s extremely valuable in understanding if the pizza oven has stood up to temp and is ready to cook!
>> Click here to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can find the Ooni pizza ovens on their web site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are quite comparable, however in some cases they have sales, so check around to see where you can get the most effective deal.
One thing that actually enticed me concerning the Ooni was that you don’t have to clean it! The temperature inside the oven obtains so hot that there’s actually no demand to decontaminate or sterilize the inside of it. Undoubtedly, you’ll require to wipe down the outside periodically as dust settles on it, yet aside from that no cleansing is called for!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you don’t have any kind of protected room to save it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A tiny pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may look like a great deal of work to get the Ooni all set up simply to make two pizzas (which is what we normally do as a family of three) however I assure you, it’s actually not. The Ooni modular table we obtained makes it easy to wheel in and out of the garage. After that you simply attach the lp and allow it warm while you make the pizzas. It’s absolutely workable on a weeknight as well as we have not prepared a pizza in our oven because we got it!
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the fuss was about. The Ooni deserves the rate for the experience that it delivers. I do state experience due to the fact that I believe that making and preparing food truly can be an experience.
My overall thoughts on that Ooni are that I was anticipating whatever to be a whole lot more job. In general, I am definitely elated to locate that the Ooni is actually a actually basic, straightforward, outside pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating up the oven, and cooking the pizzas is pretty easy.
When the wildfires aren’t surging, it’s also extremely lightweight as well as mobile so I can completely see us taking this outdoor camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small exterior area, a little bit of storage area to keep it completely dry, and appreciate having a beverage outside while you prepare dinner, after that of course – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to have a look at the Ooni pizza oven as well as choose which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that delicious, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full focus on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels. Mainly simply for convenience of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.