Ooni Food Processor Pizza Dough
Outside pizza ovens are ending up being quite prominent as well as it’s not difficult to see why! They supply a very easy and also quick method to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your own yard. They’re as hassle-free as a traditional grill however very versatile because they can reach such a high temperature and cook all kinds of foods.
We had actually been wanting an Ooni pizza oven forever and also finally got ours just a few months back. I recognize you’ve been curious regarding whether I assume it’s worth the buzz or otherwise so I’m here to share my tips, methods, as well as thoughts – AND whether I believe the Ooni is worth the investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As constantly, all thoughts and also opinions are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, outside pizza oven. It warms up to regarding 950 levels in 20 mins as well as can prepare your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza rock inside that provides you that tasty, crunchy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has numerous models to pick from, which suggests there’s likely one that will fit your needs and also budget plan. They use 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or use both timber as well as gas. They vary in rate from $299-$ 799 relying on the dimension as well as requirements you choose.
We went with the 16″ Koda since we liked the convenience of having the ability to make use of gas and likewise desired a bigger dimension to ensure that we had the alternative to prepare larger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base design, the Ooni pizza oven is most definitely an financial investment. Adding a pizza oven to your outside location may truly stimulate some joy for you and also make pizza evening more exciting!
This is a durable, high quality food preparation home appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take care of it. While it is a bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to utilize it at least a couple times a month or even more – it’s entirely worth it!
Expenses shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wood pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly completely constructed out of the box. All you need to do is unravel the legs as well as put the pizza rock in it!
If you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni, you will need to purchase a 1 pound or a 20 pound lp container. I’m not certain why, yet below on the West shore, we had a hell of a time discovering a propane storage tank, as well as after that once we found one we had to find a area to get it filled up.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Making use of the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you might believe! It was definitely easier than I anticipated it to be. When you attach the propane container, you simply turn it up to high as well as allow it warm up for 20 minutes. Lower the warmth, toss your pizza in, and allow it prepare for a pair minutes. My partner and I were both happily stunned at just how easy the Ooni is to make use of and exactly how fun it is to view the pizza chef!
The great component is that the oven only has flames on the back as well as left side, so the front ideal side is the trendy place which offers you more control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda gives you plenty of space to move the pizza around and additionally a great distance between the fire and the pizza itself in case it begins to cook as well rapidly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 secs – which it entirely can. For beginner pizza cooks like ourselves, we discovered a pair YouTube video clips that said transforming the warmth to reduced as well as cooking it for a bit much longer at a lower temperature might be easier. With that stated, our liked cooking technique is to:
- Warmth the oven on high for about 15-20 minutes.
- Minimize the heat to low and add a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, turning it every 20-30 seconds or so for about 2-3 minutes depending upon the size of the pie as well as the quantity of garnishes
Goat cheese and tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly say I was a bit worried regarding the discovering contour of cooking with the Ooni. I believed it was going to be a little difficult to get the heat ideal as well as maintain it moving. I was pleasantly surprised to find that after simply a pair pizzas you truly begin to get the hang of it!
I think we obtain a little far better each time as we best the dough shaping and also topping. However truthfully, we kept our Ooni in package for a few weeks because I simply wasn’t rather prepared to tackle what I thought was mosting likely to be a hard cooking procedure. I might NOT have actually been extra wrong. Using the pizza oven is extremely easy as well as I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Gently powder the work surface area where you’re making the pizza. As well as gently powder the pizza peel.
- You’ll have to put together the pizza, after that move it to the pizza peel, and also then scoot it off the peel as well as into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the easier it is to do. The bigger the pizza, the more likely it is you’re going to finish up with a mangled mess.
- Do not exhaust the dough. The trick to getting that signature pizza crust is touching the dough as little as possible. Since my partner used to make pizzas for a living so he’s basically a specialist, I actually lucked out. He advises utilizing your fingers to carefully produce the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. Slapping it back as well as forth in between your hands/forearms till it gets big sufficient. Ideally, you desire the dough to be thicker on the brink, and then extremely thin in the middle. This will offer you that signature wood terminated pizza oven appearance you’re searching for. , if the crust is as well thick in the middle it will not cook all the means through.
- Don’t include way too many toppings to your pizza. Another method to ensure that your pizza cooks via, is to top it very minimally. I ‘d advise adding half of what you ‘d normally contribute to a pizza you’re going to cook in a regular oven. Like I stated, the transfer of the pizza is a little challenging, as well as the more garnishes you have, the harder it is. So keep it basic and leading gently. This is not the moment to make your signature added additional cheese pizza!
- Do not obtain sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your full interest on that pizza. With the within the oven reaching temperatures over 900 levels, it’s crucial to maintain a close eye on the pie because it can go from completely done, to completely burned immediately.
Visit this site to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was unconvinced but enthusiastic that the flavor would certainly be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also holy cow – I was blown away!
The flavor is nearly similar to wood-fired pizza although it only utilizes gas. You get those perfectly charred littles throughout, the crust hurts on the within as well as incredibly crisp on the outside, and the cheese obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply mins.
I could attempt to continue to explain how tasty the pizza is, yet let me simply state, you will certainly be amazed at the difference between the pizza you might in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They just don’t contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we make use of dough from the supermarket 9 times out of 10. They have a actually delicious dough that’s cost-effective and also chefs really well in the Ooni. We either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough if I’m in the state of mind for homemade however.
Expenses shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy take care of makes it easy to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have actually not acquired the transforming peel yet however I ‘d very advise the pizza turning wheel to help you turn the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently simply utilize the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a bit a lot more cumbersome.
- Large Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went as well as back forth regarding. I had not been certain if we need to buy it or just try to find something else comparable online. Let me conserve you some time and power. There is absolutely nothing around that is comparable to this table for more affordable. It’s the outright best size, comes with a rack, hanging dowels as well as it’s on the wheels so you can easily move it to and fro. It additionally has brakes. For $250 you are really obtaining your money’s well worth. It was also pretty basic to put together – or a minimum of I didn’t hear my partner promise too much while he was placing it together and also I think it was performed in less than an hour, even with a 5 years of age “helping” him.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We obtained these adorable little pizza peels off also. Primarily just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re super cute and also rather inexpensive.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet gotten an infrared thermometer however I’ve listened to that it’s super useful in recognizing if the pizza oven has gotten up to temp and is ready to prepare!
>> Visit this site to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The rates are rather similar, however sometimes they have sales, so check around to see where you can obtain the most effective bargain.
One thing that actually lured me about the Ooni was that you do not need to cleanse it! The temperature inside the oven gets so hot that there’s truly no demand to disinfect or sanitize the within of it. Certainly, you’ll require to clean down the outside once in a while as dust settles on it, however other than that no cleaning is needed!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. After that the modular table that we placed it on is 30 x 30 inches. We keep it in the corner of our garage and also it does not occupy too much space. Maintaining it out of the snow and rain will certainly assist it last longer. If you do not have any covered space to keep it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A little pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven exterior
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may appear like a lot of work to obtain the Ooni all established up simply to make 2 pizzas (which is what we normally do as a family members of 3) yet I guarantee you, it’s actually not. You just connect the gas and also allow it warm while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it provides. I do claim experience due to the fact that I believe that making as well as preparing food actually can be an experience.
My general thoughts on that Ooni are that I was expecting everything to be a lot more job. Generally, I am absolutely elated to find that the Ooni is really a actually straightforward, simple, outside pizza oven experience. Prepping, heating the oven, and preparing the pizzas is quite very easy.
It’s likewise very lightweight and also portable so I can completely see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raving!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little exterior space, a bit of storage space to keep it dry, and also appreciate having a drink outside while you prepare dinner, after that of course – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to take a look at the Ooni pizza oven as well as determine which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that delicious, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels off. Primarily simply for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on as well as then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.