Ooni Customer Service Review
Outside pizza ovens are becoming fairly popular as well as it’s not difficult to see why! They offer a fast and easy way to get that wood-fired pizza flavor right in your own yard. They’re as convenient as a traditional grill however extremely versatile considering that they can get to such a high temperature and also prepare all type of foods.
We had actually been desiring an Ooni pizza oven permanently as well as ultimately got ours simply a few months ago. I recognize you’ve been curious concerning whether I assume it’s worth the buzz or otherwise so I’m right here to share my techniques, ideas, and ideas – AND whether I believe the Ooni is worth the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a metal table outside on a deck
Complete disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As constantly, all viewpoints and also thoughts are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a portable, outdoor pizza oven. It heats up to regarding 950 levels in 20 mins and can cook your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza stone inside that offers you that scrumptious, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has several designs to choose from, which suggests there’s most likely one that will fit your demands and spending plan. They offer 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or make use of both wood and also gas. They vary in price from $299-$ 799 depending upon the dimension and also requirements you choose.
We went with the 16″ Koda because we liked the ease of being able to utilize gas as well as likewise wanted a larger size to make sure that we had the alternative to prepare bigger pizzas or other points like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is most definitely an investment. However, including a pizza oven to your outdoor location may truly spark some joy for you and also make pizza night more interesting!
This is a well-made, high quality cooking appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take treatment of it. While it is a little bit spendy, in my viewpoint – if you’re going to use it at least a pair times a month or more – it’s absolutely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly entirely assembled out of package. All you need to do is unravel the legs and also placed the pizza rock in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly require to acquire a 1 pound or a 20 extra pound gas storage tank. Tracking down that propane container as well as having it filled up might have been the hardest part of the whole setting up for us! I’m not exactly sure why, however here on the West coastline, we had a hell of a time locating a lp container, and then when we discovered one we had to find a area to get it filled up. Luckily, our regional hardware store had one left, and the gas station down the street can fill them so we really did not need to travel far, however I called a TON of locations before I might even locate one.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you may think! Lower the warm, throw your pizza in, and also let it cook for a couple mins.
The nice part is that the oven just has fires on the back as well as left side, so the front best side is the trendy place which offers you more control over how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda gives you plenty of space to move the pizza around and likewise a good range between the flame and also the pizza itself in case it starts to prepare too rapidly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 seconds – which it completely can. For amateur pizza chefs like ourselves, we discovered a pair YouTube video clips that said transforming the warm to reduced as well as cooking it for a little bit longer at a reduced temperature could be much easier. With that stated, our favored cooking approach is to:
- Heat the oven on high for about 15-20 minutes.
- Lower the warmth to reduced as well as add a pizza to the oven.
- Prepare the pizza, revolving it every 20-30 seconds or two for regarding 2-3 minutes depending upon the dimension of the pie and also the amount of toppings
Goat cheese and also tomato pizza entering into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly claim I was a little bit worried concerning the discovering curve of food preparation with the Ooni. I believed it was mosting likely to be a little challenging to get the warm perfect and keep it relocating. However, I was happily stunned to discover that after just a couple pizzas you really start to get the hang of it!
Truthfully, we maintained our Ooni in the box for a few weeks due to the fact that I simply had not been fairly prepared to tackle what I assumed was going to be a difficult food preparation process. Using the pizza oven is incredibly simple as well as I wish we would have opened our Ooni the day we obtained it!
FOOD PREPARATION TIPS
- Gently flour the work surface where you’re making the pizza. And gently flour the pizza peel. This will certainly make it much easier to move the pizza to the pizza peel and also move it to into the oven. I’ve listened to semolina flour works best, however we make use of all-purpose with no issues.
- Do not roll the crust out as well huge unless you’re extremely comfortable with the procedure of relocate. You’ll have to assemble the pizza, after that move it to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel and into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the much easier it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more probable it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess. Although the 16″ Koda can take care of a 16″ pie, we still maintain them around 10″ -12″. I commonly split a one extra pound sphere of dough in two, and then turn out 2 pizzas from that.
- Do not overwork the dough. The trick to obtaining that trademark pizza crust is touching the dough as little as possible. I actually prevailed due to the fact that my companion used to make pizzas for a living so he’s essentially a specialist. He advises utilizing your fingers to carefully produce the crust while moving the dough in a circle. Then slapping it backward and forward between your hands/forearms till it gets big sufficient. Ideally, you desire the dough to be thicker on the brink, and afterwards very thin between. This will provide you that signature wood terminated pizza oven appearance you’re searching for. , if the crust is too thick in the middle it won’t cook all the means through.
- Do not add also lots of toppings to your pizza. One more means to make sure that your pizza chefs with, is to cover it really minimally. I would certainly suggest adding half of what you ‘d usually add to a pizza you’re going to bake in a routine oven.
- Do not obtain sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete interest on that particular pizza. With the inside of the oven getting to temps over 900 degrees, it’s crucial to maintain a close eye on the pie since it can go from completely done, to flawlessly shed immediately.
Visit this site to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was enthusiastic but doubtful that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was surprised!
The taste is almost the same to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it only uses gas. You obtain those perfectly charred littles around, the crust is tender on the within and very crisp outside, and celebrity obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply minutes.
I can try to continue to define exactly how scrumptious the pizza is, but let me just claim, you will be amazed at the distinction between the pizza you may in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They simply don’t contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we make use of dough from the food store 9 breaks of 10. They have a truly scrumptious dough that’s cost-effective and chefs truly well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade though, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Expenses shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy manage makes it simple to place the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not bought the transforming peel yet but I ‘d extremely suggest the pizza transforming wheel to assist you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently just utilize the pizza peel to do it however it’s a bit more troublesome.
- Big Modular Table – The large modular table is something I went and also back forth concerning. I had not been sure if we need to acquire it or just attempt to find something else comparable online. For $250 you are really getting your money’s worth.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels as well. Mainly just for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re very cute and also quite affordable.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet obtained an infrared thermostat however I’ve listened to that it’s incredibly useful in understanding if the pizza oven has actually stood up to temp and prepares to cook!
>> Go here to take a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their internet site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The rates are rather comparable, however in some cases they have sales, so examine around to see where you can obtain the very best offer.
Something that truly tempted me about the Ooni was that you don’t need to cleanse it! The temperature level inside the oven gets so warm that there’s really no demand to sterilize the inside or decontaminate of it. Clearly, you’ll require to wipe down the outside periodically as dirt settles on it, but besides that no cleaning is required!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you don’t have any type of covered area to store it however, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A little pizza food preparation inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GOOD FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It might appear like a whole lot of work to get the Ooni all established up simply to make 2 pizzas (which is what we usually do as a family of three) yet I guarantee you, it’s actually not. You simply link the propane and allow it warmth while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the fuss had to do with. The Ooni is worth the rate for the experience that it provides. Because I think that making and also preparing food truly can be an experience, I do claim experience.
My general thoughts on that particular Ooni are that I was anticipating every little thing to be a lot more job. I was anticipating the setup to be a trouble, the real prepping and preparing to be a little bit taxing, and also I wasn’t certain what the cleansing procedure involved. Overall, I am absolutely elated to locate that the Ooni is really a truly easy, simple, outdoor pizza oven experience. The setup fasts. Prepping, warming the oven, and also cooking the pizzas is quite easy. And clean-up is practically non-existent.
It’s additionally extremely lightweight and portable so I can totally see us taking this outdoor camping with us when the wildfires aren’t surging!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small exterior space, a little bit of storage room to maintain it dry, as well as take pleasure in having a drink outside while you cook dinner, after that indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re ready to check out the Ooni pizza oven and decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza stone inside that gives you that delicious, crunchy crust of a conventional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete attention on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels. Mainly simply for ease of having something to make the pizza on and also after that something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked.