How To Clean Your Ooni Pizza Oven
Outdoor pizza ovens are becoming fairly popular and also it’s not tough to see why! They provide a quick and also very easy way to get that wood-fired pizza taste right in your very own yard. They’re as convenient as a timeless grill but very flexible because they can reach such a heat and also cook all type of foods.
We ‘d been desiring an Ooni pizza oven forever and also lastly obtained ours simply a few months earlier. I understand you’ve been curious regarding whether I assume it’s worth the buzz or not so I’m here to share my ideas, tips, and techniques – AND whether I assume the Ooni is worth the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all opinions as well as ideas are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, outside pizza oven. It heats up to regarding 950 levels in 20 minutes and also can prepare your pizza in 60 secs. It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that tasty, crispy crust of a typical wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of versions to choose from, which implies there’s likely one that will fit your requirements and budget plan. They offer 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either timber pellet or gas-powered or make use of both timber and also gas. They vary in price from $299-$ 799 depending on the dimension and requirements you choose.
We went with the 16″ Koda due to the fact that we liked the convenience of being able to make use of gas and additionally desired a bigger dimension to make sure that we had the choice to prepare bigger pizzas or various other things like fish, steak, and so on.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is most definitely an financial investment. Including a pizza oven to your outside location might truly trigger some joy for you and also make pizza evening more interesting!
This is a well-made, high quality food preparation appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take treatment of it. So while it is a bit spendy, in my viewpoint – if you’re mosting likely to utilize it at the very least a couple times a month or even more – it’s completely worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes practically totally constructed out of package. All you have to do is unravel the legs and also placed the pizza rock in it!
If you’re getting a gas-powered Ooni, you will certainly require to purchase a 1 extra pound or a 20 extra pound lp storage tank. I’m not certain why, yet here on the West coastline, we had a heck of a time locating a lp storage tank, and also then once we found one we had to discover a location to obtain it filled up.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is easier than you could think! It was absolutely easier than I anticipated it to be. You just turn it up to high as well as allow it heat up for 20 minutes once you link the gas container. Reduced the warmth, throw your pizza in, as well as allow it prepare for a pair mins. My partner as well as I were both pleasantly surprised at how very easy the Ooni is to use and just how fun it is to view the pizza chef!
The wonderful component is that the oven only has fires on the back as well as left side, so the front ideal side is the amazing spot which provides you much more control over just how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda provides you a lot of room to relocate the pizza around as well as likewise a excellent range in between the fire and the pizza itself in case it starts to prepare also rapidly.
FOOD PREPARATION TIME
Ooni’s claim to fame is that it can cook a pizza in 60 secs – which it completely can. However, for amateur pizza cooks like ourselves, we located a pair YouTube video clips that claimed turning the warm to cooking as well as reduced it for a bit much longer at a lower temp could be easier. With that claimed, our favored food preparation method is to:
- Warm the oven above for regarding 15-20 minutes.
- Minimize the heat to reduced as well as include a pizza to the oven.
- Cook the pizza, rotating it every 20-30 seconds approximately for regarding 2-3 mins depending on the size of the pie and the quantity of toppings
Goat cheese as well as tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will certainly state I was a bit anxious concerning the understanding curve of food preparation with the Ooni. I thought it was mosting likely to be a little complicated to obtain the warmth ideal as well as keep it moving. However, I was happily stunned to discover that after simply a couple pizzas you truly begin to get the hang of it!
I think we obtain a little better each time as we best the dough shaping as well as covering. Honestly, we kept our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks because I simply had not been quite prepared to tackle what I assumed was going to be a hard cooking procedure. I could NOT have been extra incorrect. Utilizing the pizza oven is extremely easy and I want we would have opened our Ooni the day we got it!
- Lightly flour the work surface where you’re making the pizza. As well as gently flour the pizza peel also. This will certainly make it less complicated to move the pizza to the pizza peel and also move it to right into the oven. I’ve heard semolina flour works best, yet we utilize all-purpose without any concerns.
- You’ll have to construct the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and then scoot it off the peel as well as right into the oven. The smaller your pizza, the much easier it is to do. The larger the pizza, the more likely it is you’re going to finish up with a mangled mess.
- Don’t strain the dough. The key to getting that signature pizza crust is touching the dough just feasible. I really prevailed because my companion utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s primarily a expert. He advises utilizing your fingers to carefully produce the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. After that slapping it back and forth in between your hands/forearms until it gets huge sufficient. Ideally, you want the dough to be thicker on the edges, and afterwards extremely thin between. This will certainly offer you that trademark timber discharged pizza oven appearance you’re searching for. , if the crust is as well thick in the center it will not cook all the means with.
- Do not add a lot of garnishes to your pizza. An additional method to make sure that your pizza cooks with, is to cover it very minimally. I ‘d advise including fifty percent of what you ‘d typically add to a pizza you’re going to bake in a routine oven. Like I stated, the transfer of the pizza is a little difficult, and also the even more garnishes you have, the trickier it is. So keep it straightforward and leading lightly. This is not the time to make your trademark added extra cheese pizza!
- Do not obtain sidetracked. You desire your complete interest on that pizza when you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni. With the within the oven reaching temps over 900 levels, it’s vital to maintain a close eye on the pie due to the fact that it can go from completely done, to flawlessly melted in a matter of seconds.
Click on this link to have a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly confess, I was skeptical however confident that the taste would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And also divine cow – I was blown away!
The flavor is almost the same to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it only utilizes gas. You obtain those perfectly charred little bits all over, the crust hurts on the within and super crisp outside, and also celebrity obtains ooey-gooey melty in just minutes.
I might try to remain to define how scrumptious the pizza is, however let me simply say, you will certainly be amazed at the distinction between the pizza you may in your Ooni as well as the pizza you make in your oven. They just do not contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Truthfully, we make use of dough from the supermarket 9 times out of 10. They have a actually scrumptious dough that’s low-cost and also cooks really well in the Ooni. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Expenses shot of a tomato and also goat cheese pizza on a wooden pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We enjoy the 16″ pizza peel! The lengthy deal with makes it simple to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not purchased the transforming peel yet however I ‘d extremely recommend the pizza turning wheel to aid you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We currently simply use the pizza peel to do it but it’s a bit a lot more troublesome.
- Large Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went as well as back forth regarding. I had not been certain if we must get it or just try to locate something else similar online. For $250 you are actually obtaining your cash’s well worth.
- Wood Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels off as well. Mostly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and then something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re very adorable and also quite economical.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have actually not yet obtained an infrared thermometer however I’ve heard that it’s very helpful in understanding if the pizza oven has actually risen to temp and also prepares to cook!
>> Click here to take a look at the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their web site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The rates are pretty comparable, but in some cases they have sales, so examine around to see where you can obtain the very best bargain.
One point that really enticed me regarding the Ooni was that you do not need to cleanse it! The temperature inside the oven obtains so hot that there’s truly no demand to disinfect or disinfect the within of it. Obviously, you’ll need to wipe down the exterior every so often as dirt picks it, but aside from that no cleansing is required!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. After that the modular table that we placed it on is 30 x 30 inches. We maintain it in the corner of our garage as well as it does not take up too much area. Maintaining it out of the snow and rain will certainly assist it last much longer. If you don’t have any kind of protected area to store it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover too.
A tiny pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GOOD FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It could seem like a whole lot of work to get the Ooni all established up simply to make 2 pizzas (which is what we typically do as a household of three) but I ensure you, it’s actually not. You simply connect the lp and also let it heat while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the difficulty had to do with. The Ooni is worth the price for the experience that it provides. Since I think that cooking as well as making food really can be an experience, I do say experience.
My total ideas on that particular Ooni are that I was expecting everything to be a whole lot even more work. I was expecting the configuration to be a hassle, the actual preparing and also prepping to be a bit lengthy, and I wasn’t certain what the cleansing process involved. Overall, I am absolutely elated to locate that the Ooni is in fact a truly basic, straightforward, outdoor pizza oven experience. The configuration fasts. Prepping, heating up the oven, as well as preparing the pizzas is rather simple. And also clean-up is virtually non-existent.
When the wildfires aren’t raving, it’s additionally really light-weight and portable so I can absolutely see us taking this outdoor camping with us!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a small exterior space, a bit of storage room to maintain it completely dry, and also enjoy having a beverage outside while you cook dinner, after that of course – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re prepared to check out the Ooni pizza oven and determine which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that delicious, crispy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the state of mind for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We got these charming little pizza peels off. Primarily simply for ease of having something to make the pizza on and after that something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.