Built In Ooni Pizza Oven
Outdoor pizza ovens are becoming fairly preferred and also it’s not difficult to see why! They provide a simple and fast way to get that wood-fired pizza taste right in your own yard. They’re as practical as a traditional grill however incredibly functional given that they can get to such a high temperature and prepare all sort of foods.
We ‘d been wanting an Ooni pizza oven for life as well as ultimately got ours simply a few months earlier. I recognize you’ve wondered regarding whether I assume it’s worth the buzz or otherwise so I’m below to share my ideas, tricks, and suggestions – AND whether I think the Ooni deserves the financial investment!
Ooni pizza oven on a steel table outside on a deck
Full disclosure – Ooni gifted me this pizza oven. As always, all point of views and also thoughts are my very own.
THE OONI PIZZA OVEN
The Ooni is a mobile, exterior pizza oven. It warms up to concerning 950 levels in 20 mins as well as can cook your pizza in 60 seconds. It has a pizza rock inside that gives you that tasty, crunchy crust of a traditional wood-fired pizza oven.
Ooni has a number of models to select from, which means there’s most likely one that will fit your requirements as well as spending plan. They offer 12″ or 16″ ovens that are either wood pellet or gas-powered or utilize both timber as well as gas. They vary in cost from $299-$ 799 relying on the size as well as requirements you choose.
We chose the 16″ Koda because we liked the convenience of having the ability to use gas and additionally desired a larger size so that we had the choice to cook bigger pizzas or other things like fish, steak, etc.
At $299 for their base model, the Ooni pizza oven is definitely an investment. Adding a pizza oven to your outdoor location may truly spark some joy for you and also make pizza night a lot more exciting!
This is a well-crafted, quality food preparation appliance that is going to last for years as long as you take treatment of it. So while it is a little bit spendy, in my opinion – if you’re going to utilize it at least a pair times a month or even more – it’s totally worth it!
Overhead shot of a pepperoni jalapeno pizza on a wooden pizza peel
The Ooni comes nearly completely put together out of the box. All you need to do is unfold the legs and put the pizza rock in it!
You will require to purchase a 1 extra pound or a 20 pound lp tank if you’re obtaining a gas-powered Ooni. Tracking down that lp storage tank and also having it filled might have been the hardest part of the entire setting up for us! I’m not exactly sure why, however below on the West coast, we had a heck of a time locating a lp storage tank, and afterwards when we found one we needed to find a place to get it filled. The good news is, our regional hardware shop had one left, as well as the gasoline station down the street can load them so we really did not need to travel far, but I called a TON of locations prior to I can even find one.
HOW TO USE THE OONI
Utilizing the Ooni pizza oven is simpler than you might assume! Lower the heat, throw your pizza in, as well as allow it prepare for a couple mins.
The good part is that the oven just has fires on the back as well as left side, so the front ideal side is the trendy place which offers you a lot more control over exactly how the pizza is cooking. The 16″ Koda provides you a lot of space to relocate the pizza around as well as also a good range between the flame and the pizza itself in case it starts to prepare as well rapidly.
Ooni’s specialty is that it can prepare a pizza in 60 seconds – which it totally can. For beginner pizza cooks like ourselves, we found a pair YouTube video clips that claimed turning the warm to low and cooking it for a bit longer at a lower temp might be simpler. Keeping that stated, our liked cooking technique is to:
- Heat the oven above for concerning 15-20 minutes.
- Lower the heat to reduced as well as add a pizza to the oven.
- Prepare the pizza, turning it every 20-30 seconds or two for regarding 2-3 mins relying on the size of the pie and the amount of toppings
Goat cheese as well as tomato pizza going into an Ooni pizza oven
THE LEARNING CURVE
I will say I was a bit nervous regarding the learning curve of food preparation with the Ooni. I assumed it was mosting likely to be a little challenging to get the warmth just right and keep it moving. Nonetheless, I was happily surprised to discover that after simply a pair pizzas you actually start to get the hang of it!
Truthfully, we kept our Ooni in the box for a couple of weeks because I just wasn’t fairly prepared to tackle what I assumed was going to be a challenging cooking process. Using the pizza oven is incredibly very easy as well as I want we would certainly have opened our Ooni the day we obtained it!
- Lightly flour the work surface where you’re making the pizza. As well as gently powder the pizza peel.
- You’ll have to put together the pizza, then move it to the pizza peel, and after that scoot it off the peel and into the oven. The smaller sized your pizza, the less complicated it is to do. The larger the pizza, the a lot more most likely it is you’re going to end up with a mangled mess.
- Don’t overwork the dough. The secret to obtaining that signature pizza crust is touching the dough just possible. I actually prevailed since my partner utilized to make pizzas for a living so he’s essentially a expert. He recommends using your fingers to carefully produce the crust while relocating the dough in a circle. Then slapping it back and forth in between your hands/forearms until it gets huge enough. Ideally, you want the dough to be thicker on the edges, and afterwards very thin between. This will certainly provide you that signature timber terminated pizza oven structure you’re searching for. , if the crust is too thick in the middle it won’t prepare all the way via.
- Do not include too many toppings to your pizza. One more method to ensure that your pizza cooks with, is to top it very minimally. I ‘d advise including half of what you ‘d normally add to a pizza you’re going to bake in a regular oven.
- Don’t get sidetracked. When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you desire your complete attention on that particular pizza. With the inside of the oven reaching temps over 900 levels, it’s vital to keep a close eye on the pie since it can go from completely done, to completely melted in a matter of seconds.
Visit this site to check out the Ooni Pizza Oven
I will certainly admit, I was hopeful however doubtful that the flavor would be close to that of a wood-fired pizza oven. And holy cow – I was blown away!
The taste is virtually identical to wood-fired pizza despite the fact that it just utilizes gas. You obtain those completely charred littles throughout, the crust hurts on the within and also incredibly crisp outside, and celebrity obtains ooey-gooey melty in simply minutes.
I might try to remain to describe exactly how delicious the pizza is, yet let me simply claim, you will certainly be impressed at the difference in between the pizza you may in your Ooni and also the pizza you make in your oven. They just do not contrast.
WHICH DOUGH TO USE
Honestly, we use dough from the supermarket 9 breaks of 10. They have a actually delicious dough that’s inexpensive as well as cooks truly well in the Ooni. If I’m in the mood for homemade however, we either use my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Overhead shot of a tomato and goat cheese pizza on a wood pizza peel
- 16″ Pizza Peel – We like the 16″ pizza peel! The long handle makes it simple to put the pizza right into the oven.
- Pizza Turning Wheel – We have not acquired the turning peel yet but I ‘d highly advise the pizza turning wheel to aid you transform the pizza while it’s in the oven. We presently simply utilize the pizza peel to do it yet it’s a bit more difficult.
- Large Modular Table – The huge modular table is something I went as well as back forth regarding. If we should acquire it or just try to find something else comparable online, I had not been certain. Allow me conserve you some time and power. There is absolutely nothing out there that approaches this table for more affordable. It’s the outright ideal size, features a rack, hanging dowels and also it’s on the wheels so you can quickly relocate back and forth. It also has brakes. For $250 you are truly getting your money’s worth. It was likewise pretty basic to assemble – or at the very least I didn’t hear my companion vouch too much while he was putting it with each other and I believe it was carried out in less than an hr, despite a 5 years of age ” assisting” him.
- Wooden Pizza Peels – We got these cute little pizza peels off. Mostly just for ease of having something to make the pizza on and afterwards something to cut the pizza on after it’s baked. They’re super adorable as well as rather budget friendly.
- Infrared Thermometer – We have not yet gotten an infrared thermometer however I’ve listened to that it’s extremely handy in knowing if the pizza oven has stood up to temp as well as prepares to cook!
>> Visit this site to look into the Ooni Pizza Oven <<
WHERE TO BUY AN OONI
You can discover the Ooni pizza ovens on their web site, Amazon, or Williams-Sonoma. The prices are pretty comparable, however often they have sales, so check around to see where you can get the best offer.
One thing that really attracted me about the Ooni was that you do not have to clean it! The temperature inside the oven gets so hot that there’s truly no requirement to sanitize the within or decontaminate of it. Clearly, you’ll need to clean down the outside periodically as dust picks it, yet apart from that no cleansing is required!
The Ooni Koda 16″ is 25 x 25 x 20 inches. If you do not have any type of protected room to keep it though, Ooni does make a weatherproof cover.
A small pizza cooking inside an Ooni pizza oven outside
GREAT FOR WEEKNIGHT USE
It may seem like a whole lot of job to obtain the Ooni all set up just to make two pizzas (which is what we normally do as a family members of three) however I assure you, it’s truly not. You simply link the gas and let it heat while you make the pizzas.
IT IS WORTH THE HYPE?
Yes, it is. I see what all the fuss had to do with. The Ooni deserves the cost for the experience that it supplies. Since I believe that preparing and also making food actually can be an experience, I do state experience.
My general thoughts on that particular Ooni are that I was expecting whatever to be a great deal even more job. I was anticipating the setup to be a inconvenience, the actual prepping as well as cooking to be a little bit taxing, and also I had not been certain what the cleaning process required. In general, I am definitely elated to find that the Ooni is actually a truly straightforward, uncomplicated, outside pizza oven experience. The setup fasts. Prepping, heating up the oven, and cooking the pizzas is quite easy. And clean-up is basically non-existent.
It’s additionally very light-weight and portable so I can entirely see us taking this camping with us when the wildfires aren’t raving!
IS THE OONI RIGHT FOR YOU?
If you like pizza, have a little exterior space, a bit of storage area to keep it dry, and appreciate having a beverage outside while you cook dinner, after that indeed – the Ooni is for you!
If you’re all set to take a look at the Ooni pizza oven and decide which one is right for you – CLICK HERE!
It has a pizza rock inside that offers you that delicious, crispy crust of a standard wood-fired pizza oven.
When you’re cooking pizza in the Ooni, you want your complete interest on that pizza. If I’m in the mood for homemade though, we either utilize my No-Knead Pizza Dough or my Quick Pizza Dough.
Wood Pizza Peels – We got these adorable little pizza peels off. Mainly simply for simplicity of having something to make the pizza on and then something to slice the pizza on after it’s baked.